PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand how u win lol

COFFIN DODGER
09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
i had a 16 line battle , when voting closed i had 4 votes and my opponent had 3 . my total point were 41 and his were 35 ........but i lost the battle , it said he won with 70% and i had 30% !!! but i beat him in votes and points so how comes he wins ?? can someone plz explain how it works ?
ty,steve

J u s T C
09-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Voting power. Each member has their own voting power.

The average Voting power is 2vp. Which is what most have.
Fair Vote Members have 4vp
Staff have 6vp

If you're a consistently poor or shady voter your vp will get lowered to 1 and then eventually zero.

This explains why you lost.

Krhyme Killz
09-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Ever consider being a mod?

Cee Davis
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
....voting power is stupid imo, just gives power to OPINIONS! and no OPINION can be right

lllllllllllll
09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Changing voting power is retarded all together. Who the fuck came up with that idea anyway??

COFFIN DODGER
09-12-2012, 08:26 PM
ok thanks guyz , dont seem fair though when i got more vores and a lot more points , but will take this punch on the chin and roll wiv it this time ......

Krhyme Killz
09-12-2012, 08:36 PM
....voting power is stupid imo, just gives power to OPINIONS! and no OPINION can be right

Thats not a very well thought out poin of view.

J u s T C
09-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Changing voting power is retarded all together. Who the fuck came up with that idea anyway??

Yeah that's right!

You tell em how it's stupid to counter act the never ending influx of idiots and trolls in order to make battles more fair for everyone.

lllllllllllll
09-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah that's right!

You tell em how it's stupid to counter act the never ending influx of idiots and trolls in order to make battles more fair for everyone.

Yup. It's totally fair when you got more votes and still lose. Give it up to this guy here....

J u s T C
09-12-2012, 08:44 PM
It is when those guys who's votes count for less have a history of atrocious un educated and or dickriding/hate voting patterns.

It's not the system that's flawed it's actually the best you're going to get, in the right hands. Which I will admit it hasn't on more than a few occasions. Not saying abused but I've seen some people (good voters get their vp reduced for ridiculous or no reason.

lllllllllllll
09-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Lets end it like this..... Online voting will always be fucked no matter how much you try to make it better.... g'nuff

J u s T C
09-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm good with that because I was just going to say people will complain no matter what. Every method for this will have it's flaws. This 1 is 1 of the best if not probably THE best we're going to get.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I will lol at how stevevenom got the no name treatment though. This thread was in full view for a good hour being ignored when all it needed was a simple explanation.

Waits for a possible poisonous backlash in an attempt to save face.

Krhyme Killz
09-12-2012, 09:08 PM
What size medal of honor do you wear

Cee Davis
09-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Thats not a very well thought out poin of view.

and this is why OPINIONS ARE NEVER RIGHT! you think how you think, and Steven Hawking thinks how he thinks. prove my point instantly

Krhyme Killz
09-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Lol. No, me saying that is an observation. Not an opinion.

IV
09-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Lizman alone makes the voting power system worth it.

COFFIN DODGER
09-14-2012, 12:30 PM
thanks for all the comments , still not overjoyed that i lost esp when it seems one gus vote counted more than 2-3 others and swung the battle in my opponents favor . thought i deserved to win as i had some good cooments as welll as the most votes and higher overall score :(

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

btw here is the link to the battle i am talking about , have a look and let me know if you think a decided to lose :)
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=445769

D-Reppin
09-14-2012, 01:02 PM
VP system is so-so, but honestly once the battle hits the hot list it's a toss up. Everyone got their fans and haters, there's only a couple things I can't stand:

1. People who vote and comments with "FV VB" or something to that effect.
2. People who vote low because their IQ is no where close to triple digits when battles should be voted higher.
3. People who are selective of their votes and wouldn't vote for someone if they know it in their mind that he/she won. Selective voting is just sad.

So overall I have no problem with the voting system, but considering how buddy-buddy things are now on LB, you better come with some mad heat that can't be contested if you wanna stand a good chance of breaking the system... eZ~ :high:

Fredo Lombardi
09-14-2012, 03:08 PM
i'm blocked by a mod....who thinks my votes on his tracks were unfair....a 7 & 8....people really think they deserve tens shit is funny to me...I wont say his name just that he is damostfakest

Krhyme Killz
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
D Reppin said that shit best

Teek
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I see good n bad in both systems as I've experienced both on here firsthand.

The VP system has issues, but for the most part, it's a helluva lot more fair in the long run. I like the old way, because the OldSchool in me thinks every vote should be equal, but with all the cheating, riding etc, that way is absolute hell to manage effectively. People thinks they get a burn losing w more votes, I've seen bullshit verses blow up quality ones 10-1 in votes because guys would pull shit you couldn't prove.
It takes some adapting to but into the idea of VP, but it can work well.

COFFIN DODGER
09-14-2012, 06:51 PM
ok , lets see what votes i get for this one lol
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=446020

Krhyme Killz
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Peeped and voted. Hit me up if you re interested in some text advice

UNKNOWN ARTIST
09-15-2012, 04:49 AM
^^^ what size medal of honour do YOU wear?... Lol

Krhyme Killz
09-15-2012, 09:49 AM
Hahaha..touche

D-Reppin
09-15-2012, 11:53 AM
I see good n bad in both systems as I've experienced both on here firsthand.

The VP system has issues, but for the most part, it's a helluva lot more fair in the long run. I like the old way, because the OldSchool in me thinks every vote should be equal, but with all the cheating, riding etc, that way is absolute hell to manage effectively. People thinks they get a burn losing w more votes, I've seen bullshit verses blow up quality ones 10-1 in votes because guys would pull shit you couldn't prove.
It takes some adapting to but into the idea of VP, but it can work well.

Word :high:

But honestly, I think the FVC is the biggest conspiracy i've ever come across. It almost certainly gives its members immunity from being voted against by each other. Not based on what i've seen, but based on what the system implies. Seeing that FVC votes weigh more than basic votes, it's even harder to outweigh the collective opinions. I don't know what to fully make of that system yet, but it's mad shady. :high:

D-Reppin
09-15-2012, 12:27 PM
big contradiction here lol

the SYSTEM itself is absolutely sound

what youre describing is an issue with PEOPLE, which is something that cant be corrected by any system. the VP system ensures that the actual scoring of battles is as accurate as possible... no voting system will prevent things like selective voting or peoples IQ

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

you should get out more

how do you figure?

This is kind of the point, if you want a fair voting system isnt it logical to give more power to the people that have proven to be better voters?

you lost me

I didn't come here to start any conflict pertaining to the voting system, I just came here to voice my opinions. I've seen the FVC setup, and i've seen my fair share of voting so far. Some are very patterned while others aren't. I'm not going to list names, but it was that observation that pretty much sparked my responses.

I agree that it's logical to give more power to people proven to be "better voters", but what is that based on? How often they vote? How active they are? ...the thing is, you apply to be in the FVC when it opens and they're not going to go through all your votes, are they? I think it's better to say the FVC gives more power to seasoned/active voters.

If you vote on all of my battles, there's going to be some obligation to vote back on all of yours, even the ones I think you've lost. That's a conflict of interest that systems like this promote, and I know from experience. No one wants to vote against the person who's voting on all of their battles; there's a loyalty dynamic that trumps fairness in some standard. As far as giving power to people who have proven to be better voters? They are a ton of text mods here. The only system should be to remove low votes (4-3) or hate votes (9-1) when it's applicable. Placing stat weights on an opinionated system makes it easier for certain members to win as opposed to others. You're basically saying that my vote (non-FVC) has a lower value than an FVC member vote even though there's no disparity in my voting and my reasoning is sound...

Either way, these are all little things I find shady about the system, but again it's my opinion and that's all. :high:

D-Reppin
09-15-2012, 12:35 PM
yeah i feel what youre saying entirely
i just dont attribute these faults to the system, i attribute them to the people who give power to the people who run the system.
for example: the FVC concept and system in itself is a fantastic idea, but if the person in charge of selecting the FVC does a poor job... then its not going to work out. but thats the peoples fault, not the system
theres definitely people in the FVC i wouldnt want to be in there.. and as a result i dont think its as effective as it would be if someone more educated selected its members.. but i dont have beef with the FVC but rather with whoever put the people in there that dont belong

no system is perfect.. but i think we do a pretty good job making battles as fair as possible

True. I can't argue with that. It is what it is. :high:

J u s T C
09-15-2012, 01:15 PM
The process to get into the FVC is un needed for me. If you're currently active voting your self and more importantly, if you've been here and active for a long time. You know who is a good voter and a bad 1 by judging them without them knowing in a much more organic way. You don't need to go through a long winded process of a "tournament" to find that out. Not just that but going back to the organic setting, by holding a tournament you're putting them under the spotlight for those few rounds to vote fair. Not because it's the right thing to do. But because they want to win, get a title and to have that raised VP. Once they've got that they just go back to "good battle vb" while dropping suspect votes (not all of them, but a lot do) they can them use the fact they have a higher VP and that they are in blockable to under cover hate vote. Then you get the people who think dropping a long ass expo makes them an educated voter, but when you read them it's nothing but filler and nonsense followed by from what I've seen popularity or sheep voting. There are very few GENUINELY educated and unbiased, unswayable voters on here, and none if very few of them are in the FVC, from what I've seen. Some of them who would never had seen the light of day when I was in charge. (There he goes again) Yeah well it is what it is.

COFFIN DODGER
09-15-2012, 04:46 PM
ok guys , took advice on board , think i stepped up for my next battle , it was a 16 liner , here is the link , vote plz and post comments on what u think plz :)
http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=446076

COFFIN DODGER
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
and if anyone vote on this battle http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=tb&id=446076 then please leave comments as well , but i think it was better than my last one lol !
peace :)

NOBLE
09-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Word :high:

But honestly, I think the FVC is the biggest conspiracy i've ever come across. It almost certainly gives its members immunity from being voted against by each other. Not based on what i've seen, but based on what the system implies. Seeing that FVC votes weigh more than basic votes, it's even harder to outweigh the collective opinions. I don't know what to fully make of that system yet, but it's mad shady. :high:
You're making a lot of unqualified assumptions here. There is no "immunity" for FVC members being voted against by each other. I vote against FVC members all the time..lol. How exactly does the system imply immunity? What makes you think FVC members vote as a collective? Very frequently, we have different opinions on who should win a battle...and each FVC voter is autonomous and chooses their own winner...no one is telling them who to pick as winner.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

yeah i feel what youre saying entirely
i just dont attribute these faults to the system, i attribute them to the people who give power to the people who run the system.
for example: the FVC concept and system in itself is a fantastic idea, but if the person in charge of selecting the FVC does a poor job... then its not going to work out. but thats the peoples fault, not the system
theres definitely people in the FVC i wouldnt want to be in there.. and as a result i dont think its as effective as it would be if someone more educated selected its members.. but i dont have beef with the FVC but rather with whoever put the people in there that dont belong

no system is perfect.. but i think we do a pretty good job making battles as fair as possible
If you have a problem with "the person in charge of selecting the FVC" or you think I'm doing a poor job by "selecting" people in the FVC that you wouldn't want there, I'd be glad to have that discussion. First of all, the current batch of FVC members weren't arbitrarily selected by me. They earned their spots by proving themselves to be better voters than other people who were also vying for a spot. The main thing that I controlled was who could apply, and they all had voting power to begin with...the majority of them having full vp (2) or more from being prior FVC members.
When you say there are people you wouldn't want in the FVC, exactly who are you referring to and why? My inbox/chatbox is always open to any suggestions and commentaries from you bro...but you've never mentioned this to me privately, otherwise I might have taken steps to solve it. A closed mouth will never get fed. From the get-go, I have tried to include other mods in the selection process of FVC members, and I extended an invitation to all mods to judge in the competition that produced the first FVC members a couple months ago. RULE 2FUEL AfterThought RhetoriK Teek Phil Banks can all vouch because they chose to participate. You never did, so I find it a bit ironic that you are now complaining about people being in the FVC that you wouldn't want there.
I even made a thread in the FVC Lounge primarily for mods who want to complain about FVC members, so the channels for you to have a hand in this thing and communicate your concerns are always there. Again, you can always let me know who you don't think belongs there or let me know what you think I could be doing better as the FVC mod. I'm always open to suggestions.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

The process to get into the FVC is un needed for me. If you're currently active voting your self and more importantly, if you've been here and active for a long time. You know who is a good voter and a bad 1 by judging them without them knowing in a much more organic way. You don't need to go through a long winded process of a "tournament" to find that out. Not just that but going back to the organic setting, by holding a tournament you're putting them under the spotlight for those few rounds to vote fair. Not because it's the right thing to do. But because they want to win, get a title and to have that raised VP. Once they've got that they just go back to "good battle vb" while dropping suspect votes (not all of them, but a lot do) they can them use the fact they have a higher VP and that they are in blockable to under cover hate vote. Then you get the people who think dropping a long ass expo makes them an educated voter, but when you read them it's nothing but filler and nonsense followed by from what I've seen popularity or sheep voting. There are very few GENUINELY educated and unbiased, unswayable voters on here, and none if very few of them are in the FVC, from what I've seen. Some of them who would never had seen the light of day when I was in charge. (There he goes again) Yeah well it is what it is.
As the former FVC mod, I respect your opinion bro. As far as the "long winded process of a tournament" in selecting FVC members go, you're right...it's not needed in order for me or anyone to form an opinion on who is a good voter.
However, I think you might agree that a consensus between a few educated voters trumps the opinion of one. I think the tournaments through which the current FVC members are selected does more to legitimize not only their position in the FVC, but the FVC as an institution than if they were hand-picked by whoever is the FVC mod. People used to say that all FVC members were dick-riders who got their position by sucking the FVC mod's dick or being cool with him...and the hand-selection process honestly left the FVC open to those sorts of accusations. Now, no one in the FVC is there because I chose them to be. They EARNED their positions through proving themselves to be better voters than their competitors, which I think is superior. If you don't think that goes further to legitimize their stance, then we just have a difference in philosophy.
As far as "putting them under the spotlight for those few rounds to vote fair...not because it's the right thing to do...but because they want to win," everyone that is allowed to join the selection contest are allowed to do so with the requisite that they have some voting power and have been voting fairly for some time. Like I said before, the majority of them already had full vp or more and none of then had 0vp or a vp that had been lowered for any reason 6 weeks prior to the competition. The competitions themselves are a learning tool for anyone who wants to understand what constitutes "good voting" because when the judges compare and contrast two votes and what makes one superior to the other, a lot of things come to light. As far as them doing certain things to win, what they have to do to win often parallels what we hope they do as an FVC member, so I don't have a problem with them taking those measures. You said some of them go back to "GB VB" and hate voting. Who? And where? Prove it and they will be kicked. Personally, from the votes that I've seen once they're in the FVC, they're voting with the same level of diligence the vast majority of the time. If anyone thinks anyone in the FVC is a hate voter or doesn't deserve to be there, please let me know and I will look into it.

Óðinn
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Some of them who would never had seen the light of day when I was in charge. (There he goes again) Yeah well it is what it is.

Some of the ppl you had in the FVC while you were in charge shouldn't of been there either corb.... the likes of Blocc ect.

:rolleyes:

J u s T C
09-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I was the 1 who removed Blocc from the FVC and never let him back in.

Don't know where you got that idea from.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Name more names.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Oh and I hear ya Noble. I ain't tryna get on your case about it. You're 1 of the very few mods who actually does shit around here.

COFFIN DODGER
09-17-2012, 12:14 PM
so how fvc members are there ? and how do i know how much my votes are worth in comparison to more experienced voters ? i try to vote fairly as well , even if the battle i am voting on contains someone who has already beaten me , but i take it people still vote against others who have beaten them just to get payback lol

Óðinn
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I was the 1 who removed Blocc from the FVC and never let him back in.

Don't know where you got that idea from.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Name more names.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Oh and I hear ya Noble. I ain't tryna get on your case about it. You're 1 of the very few mods who actually does shit around here.

TBH off top of my head....i can't right now....wasn't the point i was getting at.

Noble's running the FVC in a good way....and he keeps the roster rotating...gotta give him some time to actually get cemented into his position before saying this or that should be changed ect.... give dude a chance.

but i take it people still vote against others who have beaten them just to get payback lol

Yeah that's called Hate Voting.

NOBLE
09-18-2012, 01:03 AM
NOBLE that post wasnt meant to be taken literally

im saying that if the FVC is bad i blame the person not the system.

my comment was to say that the system is good... not to belittle the person who selected the FVC.

as far as pointing out who i wouldnt want in there.... i dont know of the top of my head anymore, but its certainly mind blowing that certain members are in there, but from now on when i see someone i think is suspect ill point it out.

No doubt bro! I would welcome any suggestions you have about who should be in or out of there. I respect your opinion...and if you ever notice any FVC member doing something they're not supposed to, just let me know and I'll deal with it.

GRizzEAT
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
idk ma dawg, win maybe?

FreezyCT
09-18-2012, 11:01 AM
this shits funny...and is kind of an example of whats wrong with todays society

jasons like that parent that believes the teacher when he/she calls come to report bad behavior...everyone else is the parent that takes the child's side

Cee Davis
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
i had a dude the other day...with no avatar, whos 0-1 who had voting power over 2 votes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH this shit is a joke imo

Student
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
i had a dude the other day...with no avatar, whos 0-1 who had voting power over 2 votes HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH this shit is a joke imo
That's Why People Should Start With 1VP And Move Their Way Up So This Doesn't End Up Happening.