PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Recording in battles?

Vandahl
09-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Is it just me or isn't that shit not allowed? Either way, you can tell the audio from this battle that badnews biskets' voice was edited in parts, like he recorded the whole thing but instead of recording all the way through his voice comes in in different tones and shit...man fuck explaining, just listen.

http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_details.php?section=lb&id=583730

2FUEL
Murderous Swag
Phil Banks

Fredo Lombardi
09-06-2012, 04:24 PM
lol that was nice but mos def pre recorded

Murderous Swag
09-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll look into this yo.I'm pretty sure its legal though tbh

J u s T C
09-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Yeah you can pre record verses. In fact I'd encourage it in a way because it makes for a more entertaining verse. And you cant really hate on someone for being smart enough to manipulate the system. The only time I have a problem with it is if someone labels it a freestyle and you can clearly hear it's pre recorded. But if it's written that's perfectly fine with me.

Murderous Swag
09-07-2012, 06:23 AM
I've touched base with other mods about this yo.What corn said about if its labeled freestyle n pre recorded shit then lemme know n I'll see what's good as long as its written its legal

J u s T C
09-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Lol @ Corn.

Fiji Osa
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Pre recording any verse is a bitch way IMO .. I guess I'll start recording my verses on soundcloud and then use that

J u s T C
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
How is it a bitch move?

You record tracks and upload them. As long as it's over a beat (pre recorded accas with cuts don't work, ask John J) it's just adding polish and making it better for it. As long as it doesn't have adlibs and shit what's it matter?

I tell you this if everyone pre recorded on beat battles the quality of battles would increase 10 fold.

John Wick
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
So this sounds like an idea .. Battle verses uploaded like tracks!!
Woooo!!

Plushy
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmm ..............

Óðinn
09-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I tell you this if everyone pre recorded on beat battles the quality of battles would increase 10 fold.

^^What he said....not only is the audio side quiet as fuck...some of the battles are, uhm? Ya know?... (i know there's loads of text the same)

But pre-record over a beat...battles would be so much more that way, it'd bring more interest into the battle section again.

Fredo Lombardi
09-07-2012, 10:14 PM
@Just C (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=890571) and 2FUEL made some good points but in all honesty we all know what this balls down to....pre recording your battle verse and recording it on letsbeef its to make sure that he/she doesn't fuck up in the middle of their verse and its a bitch move & I agree with @Fiji Osa (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=879324)

FiNAL WoRD
09-27-2012, 04:11 PM
what happened to choking in a battle?

HTok
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM

That.

Live > Pre-recorded.

Accepting pre-recorded smh...

Fredo Lombardi
09-27-2012, 11:53 PM

that comes from not remembering your lines i think most emcees on here read their lines when rapping though so they don't have to worry about choking...maybe a few slip ups or a stutter nothing major....people who try to memorise rhymes may often choke because just messing up one line could throw the whole thing off

Edit: accept canibus case in which he choked with the notepad in front of him....aw miss ya grizz lmfao

SIXX-SHOTT
09-28-2012, 01:44 AM
pre-recorded writtens are lame..where does it stop?..tourney verses?..itll ruin the most important aspect of a battle, which is performing under pressure..

what if live battlers stop battling and just let there vocals play while they ice grill each other?..

FiNAL WoRD
09-30-2012, 03:32 PM
I think that this is pushing our "just starting to populate" live battler scene..

J u s T C
09-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Lol people taking it completely out of context. This is a Digital Stage. People make battle tracks and HOPE for a winner. So how's this different? Just means people can actually vote. Y'all acting like pre recorded FREESTYLES are being condoned.

Use your brain box.

SIXX-SHOTT
09-30-2012, 09:11 PM
theres a lot more that goes into battling..in the live aspect you have many factors..like delivery (if you screw up you cant hit stop and try again)..breath control (lets be honest alot of people rely on punching in lines so they could adjust their flows)..

instead of condoning pre-recorded written "BATTLES" maybe you guys should try having a track battle arena..i think itll be dope cuz people could battle on tracks and also have a record kept of it (0 win-0 loses))..

just a idea..

the reason for my "OPINION" is cuz i would hate to spit a written battle and have someone accept hit record and replay a verse they already spit..thats pussy in my opinion..

but hey dont read into my comment to much cuz i dont really give a fuck whats decided

FeRnO
10-01-2012, 12:36 AM
If Your Postin a Acceaplla Written then Yeah...Anything Else is a No Go......Prerecording takes the emphasis Of a Freestyle battle ...Makes it seem Like You did a Perfect verse with no Flaws..Just Corb Knows He Perfected the Studio Mix Drops..

Savage Capone
10-01-2012, 07:47 AM
the reason for my "OPINION" is cuz i would hate to spit a written battle and have someone accept hit record and replay a verse they already spit..thats pussy in my opinion..

perfect example:

Second Battle: http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=lb&id=586077

First battle: http://www.letsbeef.com/battle_detai...n=lb&id=585289

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

theres a lot more that goes into battling..in the live aspect you have many factors..like delivery (if you screw up you cant hit stop and try again)..breath control (lets be honest alot of people rely on punching in lines so they could adjust their flows)..

instead of condoning pre-recorded written "BATTLES" maybe you guys should try having a track battle arena..i think itll be dope cuz people could battle on tracks and also have a record kept of it (0 win-0 loses))..

just a idea..

Great Idea!!!!