PDA

View Full Version : Nas.....Best Album?

Óðinn
08-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Now i know a lot of ppl will mention Illmatic. Yeah its a dope ass album but for me his best album is "It Was Written"...

...thoughts?:high:

Krhyme Killz
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
wise choice...I listen to It Was Written at least 2z a week to this day...no other rapper..including BIG was more zoned in on one CD with the lyrics ever to me...

Óðinn
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah man....that's how i feel haha. Why Nas my favorite of all time. :high:

Each track on this album is lyrically dope as fuck....one'a the only albums i can play from start to finish an not skip a track like "Ahh wait till ya hear the next one though" type thing...

Fredo Lombardi
08-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Nas is def top tier emcee but to me his albums just started going down hill after illmatic & it was written those are the only two albums of his I can sit down and listen to from start to finish

D-Reppin
08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Illmatic. Perfectly complete at 10, with no filler songs and just masterpiece production and writing. It Was Written was too commercial for me, but I liked some of his older works like The Lost Tapes and Street's Disciple. :high:

Godbody
08-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Nas is the GOAT. Don't hate on that nigga.

He drops classic shit after classic shit. Yeah he's made some questionable shit like Hip Hop is Dead and that Untitled album ...but Street's Disciple is slept on..Thats a 2 disc album right there..Nigga dropped gems on that album

Life Is Good is just a smart move on his part. He's musically inclined & he's intelligent so he's gonna adapt to whats poppin right now and spit that shit while still givin some songs commercial appeal. Niggas got like 3 joints off his current album always on the radio. That's a real good look. Bye Baby, Reach Out, and Cherry Wine

Queens Story and Back When are the best tracks off his latest shit

but I have to say Stillmatic is his most solid piece of work..What possibly tops Ether & Rewind being on the same album? You're Da Man, Got Yourself a Gun, Rule...that shit was a 10/10

Krhyme Killz
08-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Lmao at Streets Disciple and Lost Tapes being older...do the knowledge fam

IV
08-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Being honest, I didn't like Illmatic that much, I understand why it's so rated and most people see it as the best hip hop album of all time but I don't know, wasn't really feeling it.

My favourite of his albums is probably Gods Son, first single I EVER bought was 'I Can' when I was about 7 haha, used to play the single of my Sony Walkman lmao UK heads know what's up right there. And 'Thugs Mansion' (acoustic version) is one of my favourite songs of all time, so I'm gonna have to go with Gods Son.

Óðinn
08-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Lmao at Streets Disciple and Lost Tapes being older...do the knowledge fam

Lmfao...i was thinking the same fucking thing yO.... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Sony Walkman lmao UK heads know what's up right there.

-_-.... looool Walkman yO...takes me back hahah:high: