PDA

View Full Version : VOTING and LOSES

The Ghost of Freak
05-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Dear LB fam,

Have you noticed how ridiculously hard it is to make up for past loses as far as ranking is concerned?

I have had many battles hot listed and generally try to take on LB members who show effort and personal style…..the consequence has been a shit ton of loses, which is all good because I learn, but learning does not help rank. LB should promote GOOD BATTLES INSTEAD OF PROMOTING EASY WIN SNIPES that make for BORING BATTLES.
If LB wants to produce REAL RAPPERS and promote itself as a business it has to REWARD REAL RAPPING. Tournis have been great for this, but not enough….

HERE's THE IDEA (mind you, I dont have it all figured out and thats why I need your input):
All Time Rank determined by number of wins only (encouraging participation motivation) and win percentage only used as a means to determine ranking for top 10 of the month after they have already been ranked by just number of wins.

THE CURRENT PROBLEM: A LB member with 1 win and 0 loses can be ranked higher than a person with 10 wins and 10 loses who clearly participated on LB more…..
THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME REWARD for PARTICIPATION or the cite will continue to turn over/lose active members and less people will be interested in Exclusive Membership overtime.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY dont respond with some bullshit

Way Lyve
05-14-2012, 10:02 PM
i think a random or anonymous battle system would be dope..you post a battle and dont know who your going to face...all you know is the exact battle format. I would be all for that.

Haz
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Honestly I think the voting is fucked cuz people bitch about ratings they get.. People bitch about a 5 when it say not bad.. So when I give a 7 they sayin am hating.. Records show for them self.. Yeah there is people who just snipe all day and get good records.. There is people like Sixx-Shot who have 95% battles which thy posted . And he sill win.. Point blank is don't get mad if u post a open and loose.. Other guy has the advantage.. But keep grinding bruh.. Write some creative shit witty and. Not played punches and it won't matter if u post open, if u are dropping some serious bars it will be a good run for the money .

Just C
05-15-2012, 10:16 AM
If you're nice you can get sniped and still win. The problem isn't so much the system. More the huge amount of below average MC's posting opens to get sniped by more "popular" if only slightly better MC's.

I would say remove the ability to post open battles all together to encourage a more level playing field. But let's be honest about it, that would only kill activity.

Óðinn
05-15-2012, 01:55 PM
SpitSauce you want to be ranked ONLY on your WINS & not your LOSES?? How would that work? Seriously.... every battle has a winner & a loser, if you lose it MUST be ranked/documented for the winning battler to maintain a WIN.

Also, an LB member with only one battle/one win is only starting out on the LB 'battle road' and has more battles to come in the future...

TBH though, this just seems more like a cry about your current record and less of an actual 'idea for letsbeef.com' being put forward.

Step your battle game up.

The Ghost of Freak
05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
I like your idea JUST C, and all plans have backlash. FEUL Man Im not just crying about my own rank, if I wanted to start over I would just create a new profile, right?

Im being absolutely serious about this, and would appreciate to hear more input from FEUL rather than tell me to just step it up… I actually very much so respect and appreciate the opinions of others on the site including yours.

I was trying to be SERIOUS about this site as a BUSINESS and how to keep people from leaving or being discouraged by how the voting ranking system is currently set up….

Why would people continue to use LB when there is no reward for participating? THATS the REAL QUESTION HERE…. If your taking on the highly ranked MCs just to lose and learn from those who fv and expo thats all good, but it only hurts your rank. LB members are only rewarded for sniping ezs MAKING SHITTY (often one sided) BATTLES which makes this site look like its producing only bad battles….when there are some good artists on here that should be promoting better battles to showcase their skills instead of just sniping for rank.

Óðinn
05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Why would people continue to use LB when there is no reward for participating?

There are Awards, of which you have two... Also, does FB "reward" its users for using its service? Letsbeef.com is here for YOUR fun/enjoyment. Yes there are Buddy Voters/Dick Riders & we do the best we can to combat the issue, but there is only so much we can do (Staff). We can't be standing behined every person as they vote with a Gun to there head.

Why would people continue to use Letsbeef.com? lol.... to battle, to showcase there writing skills among other like minded people such as them selves.

Letsbeef.com is like a Facebook for battle rappers/Hip Hop enthusiast's where they can converse in conversation about anything they want while also using our Excellent battling arenas.

Yes, nothing is perfect around here, but we do try our best to keep on top of things. You must also remember, we (Staff) are not paid for the shit we deal with day to day. The crying, the bullshit etc etc, but we still do it to ensure that Letsbeef.com runs smooth & fairly for all our members.

Thank You.

The Ghost of Freak
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
You're a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you for the well thought out response, but I was never trying to cry or come up with bullshit. I was attempting to spark a conversation among users about voting, points, and the ranking system.

I personally thank you for the time you put into the website, much appreciated. Im also not asking you to be the voting Gestapo. I just think that there should be more community conversation and contribution as far as ideas in ways to better the voting, etc. system, which could even eleviate alot of work that the mods are required to do.

I didnt expect that two mods would respond immediately or at all, I appreciate that alot, but thought their would be more member response and did not mean to impose on yall. So yeah word, Ive got better shit to do than this as well, but I still like the community enough to continue participating.
RESPECT- SpitaculaSauce

mrtaylork
06-13-2012, 04:29 AM
I respect your opinion heavily; I mean I came here to battle rappers in an experience just like 8 Mile where the rapper brings out their A-Game and the other rapper also brings out their A-Game and at some times even owns him. I have heavy respect for the genre, the majority of my music being hip-hop and alot of it being east-coast stuff; I focus on what the people say in their lyrics and I think that lyrics and beats should matter in hip hop.

I don't want to face a guy who claim he from the south, claim he from a hood and claim to fuck guys up; that's what killing the rap game, the general ignorance of hip-hop, the dumbing down of rhymes, the lack of creativity and the willingness of the public to go along with such bullshit. (which is what I get mad about.) The people who care about lyricism, who bring their A-game mostly every time; those who I want to battle and I don't care if I lose because their rhymes are amazing as shit, something that inspires me to work harder. I don't want to rhyme the southern people who don't care, show ignorance and piss me off in a bad way; I want to battle the people who care about real hip-hop.

There needs to be a better system that can give me the experience that I want; that or maybe I should just switch to text battles instead since a few people who are truly lyrical are over on the vocal side but I like to freestyle, it's a good challenge coming up with rhymes on the dome.

What to do... What to do...

UhMAZING
04-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Dear LB fam,

Have you noticed how ridiculously hard it is to make up for past loses as far as ranking is concerned?

I have had many battles hot listed and generally try to take on LB members who show effort and personal style…..the consequence has been a shit ton of loses, which is all good because I learn, but learning does not help rank. LB should promote GOOD BATTLES INSTEAD OF PROMOTING EASY WIN SNIPES that make for BORING BATTLES.
If LB wants to produce REAL RAPPERS and promote itself as a business it has to REWARD REAL RAPPING. Tournis have been great for this, but not enough….

HERE's THE IDEA (mind you, I dont have it all figured out and thats why I need your input):
All Time Rank determined by number of wins only (encouraging participation motivation) and win percentage only used as a means to determine ranking for top 10 of the month after they have already been ranked by just number of wins.

THE CURRENT PROBLEM: A LB member with 1 win and 0 loses can be ranked higher than a person with 10 wins and 10 loses who clearly participated on LB more…..
THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME REWARD for PARTICIPATION or the cite will continue to turn over/lose active members and less people will be interested in Exclusive Membership overtime.

TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY dont respond with some bullshit

Wow, really? I agree with Just C as to the comment about complaining about your current overall record. There is prizes to win on here, or awards...you have 4 of them. Also, you can catch up and make up for your past losses, example...you have what like 44 wins and 80 some loses but you're ranked #13 this month, I have 12 wins 11 loses currently and I'm ranked #43 this month. Honestly...If you have 40 some wins and 80 some loses and ranked #13, Why the hell you bitching?