PDA

View Full Version : Ludacris Is Top 5

Black Book
05-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Real talk. He has mainstream success while still having great lyrics & flow. His delivery is also incredible. If he isn't in your top 5, you need to fix it. If he's not in your top 10, kill yourself.

Just C
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
agreed, least top 10.

Black Book
05-13-2012, 10:10 PM
All of his albums are fire, & his 121 Giggawatts mixtape is insane.

RhetoriK
05-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Agreed. I think hes the true Punchline King (just my opinion)

Black Book
05-13-2012, 10:32 PM
He really is, Rhet.

Krhyme Killz
05-13-2012, 10:50 PM
lol..hell nah yo...where's the substance at?

lllllllllllll
05-13-2012, 11:09 PM
http://crazyfunnypics.com/gifs_Ace_Ventura_dancing.gif
*OH LAWDEH LUDA!*

Phonocide
05-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I kinda agree. I don't think I'd put him in my top 5 (unless I was specifically rating mainstream rappers), but I definitely agree that his actual talent gets way overlooked by the fact that he's so mainstream. He completely shits on 99% of the "famous" radio rappers without a doubt. I'd say it's similar to gettin' slept on, but I'm sure his pockets would disagree.

IV
05-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Agreed. He has so much character and he's really diverse

Phonocide
05-14-2012, 03:34 AM
Relating to the same topic, I'll add another question:

Would you rather be well-known in the groupie/mainstream category, and have fat pockets, but be considered "sell out garbage" by most true hip-hop artists?

or...

Would you rather be underground, low paid, but respected as an incredibly talented emcee by most of the industry?

IV
05-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Supreme EVERYBODY will say they'd rather stay underground with low pay, but if they had the chance, they'd deff all take the mainstream spot.

Money, Fame, the chance for billions to hear your music > some bullshit about staying 'true' to yourself that you'd find in a hormonal girls diary

Revan
05-14-2012, 04:08 AM
Top 5 active deffly. I'd put him around 7-8 all time dead or alive.

#PLK

Phonocide
05-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Verity : I disagree, unless we're specifically referring to broke and/or stupid people. I'm perfectly content with my job, and I'm pretty introverted, so I don't like exaggerated attention. Unless I *knew* I was gonna make millions (which I didn't mean, in the original question, I should have been more specific), and be able to support my kids, their kids, and their kids kids, I'd have no reason to need all that excessive attention. I know most people love that shit, but I'm not feelin' it. As long as I were doin' about as well financially as I am now (which isn't too much), I have no desire for that type of fame. I would much rather be respected for my talents as an artist, than have my abilities questioned on the daily, because I'm being payed big money for something many people didn't feel I earned/deserved. Your argument is definitely valid, though. I am quite aware that MOST people would claim the respected route, and take the famous route if they *really* had the option.

Black Book
05-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Ladies went from "Hey Chris, to GOD DAMN LUDA!" ...Like that line, not that sophisticated, but the way he delivers it makes it dope. His delivery is one of the main reasons I have him ranked in my top 5.

SoupErb
05-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Ludacris ft UGK - Stick em Up - YouTube

"It's mighty strange how your peephole is my fuckin gauge, catch you at ya concert n wipe you off the fuckin stage" .. hahaha.

I agree.

Krhyme Killz
05-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Lmao...luda is like top 30 all time. He never once spit a bar that had actual relevance to life or reflected on anything related to the struggle. He is a gifted comedic writer with some good knack to flow but as a hip hop emcee...i dont think he's deep enough to be top 5

FiNAL WoRD
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Lmao...luda is like top 30 all time. He never once spit a bar that had actual relevance to life or reflected on anything related to the struggle. He is a gifted comedic writer with some good knack to flow but as a hip hop emcee...i dont think he's deep enough to be top 5

killzy is waaaaaay to on point wit it ^, he aint top 5 yoooooooooooo

shit id give him top 30 all time too but only because theres soo much bitchassness in the industry, he can make a track on some funny shit or some punchin shit but diverse and deep, ehhhh

Revan
05-14-2012, 10:59 AM
He never once spit a bar that had actual relevance to life or reflected on anything related to the struggle.

Ludacris - Runaway Love ft. Mary J. Blige - YouTube

Ludacris Ft DTP - Growing Pains - YouTube

Ludacris 'Do Your Time" feat. Beanie Sigel, Pimp C & C-Murder - YouTube

Ticket
05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
smh @ RULE, that Runaway track is trash lol... I mean Luda got flow but the bars are sooo mediocre its ridiculous and almost funny... THanks for the laugh tho

Revan
05-14-2012, 11:09 AM
smh @ RULE, that Runaway track is trash lol... I mean Luda got flow but the bars are sooo mediocre its ridiculous and almost funny... THanks for the laugh tho

Its a track about real issues, that was the point.

Ticket
05-14-2012, 11:10 AM
meh.. lol..

IV
05-14-2012, 11:16 AM
RULE i was literally just about to go on to youtube and post runaway love. That song is DEEP. I think it takes a lot more talent to write about somebody else's issues and deep pain than you're own

@ every one else. It's all opinions. Personally it gets boring listening to the same life struggles story

NOBLE
05-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't place Luda in my top 5. He's definitely a dope lyricist and one of the better mainstream artists that are out there, but I wouldn't consider being mainstream a criteria for rating someone as an emcee. Tbh, he probably wouldn't make it in my top 10. I can think of several people I'd rate higher than Ludacris.
Being mainstream and being considered "wack" by underground artists is not necessarily a bad thing though. Sometimes you're hated by the underground artists simply because they are jealous of your success. Some underground cats think you're wack simply because you are mainstream. At the same time, sometimes you have to "give people what they want so that they will learn to want what you have to give."
Take an artist like Nas for example. He gave people that "Nas the Don/gangsta" image on some tracks cause that's what people want, but then he gets to slide in that conscious music every now and then. He is no less conscious or "real" than other underground artists who never make it platinum.
I remember watching an Interview of Black Eye Peas after they had added Fergie and started making all these songs we hear on the radio. Some of you might not know, but they used to be one of THE most underground groups. The interviewer was asking Will-I-Am what made them change course and start making more commercial music. He said it wasn't about the fame or the money...it was about being heard...having his music heard by more people across the globe. I think as an artist, no matter how good you think your brand of Hip-Hop is, at the end of the day, every artist would love to share their art with as many people as possible. What's the point of being the deepest underground cat if no one knows you exist or has even heard of your music?

Krhyme Killz
05-14-2012, 12:52 PM
RULE...those songs were whack but i give you that...but unless you have 4 pages worth...someone rapping as long as him should have like 4 pages worth...Nas whole albums have more...Pac too...

Verity nah b this is hip hop....it needs to be a meaning and a messege

IV
05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that's true. But there's other meaning than 'my life sucks'. That's not the only meaning and message in hip hop

Krhyme Killz
05-14-2012, 01:14 PM
the struggle is OUR lives suck...its different

RhetoriK
05-14-2012, 03:29 PM
sorry, not budgin....

ludacris - hip hop quotables - Chicken-N-Beer - YouTube

Ludacris - Fat Rabbit ft Timbaland - YouTube

LUDACRIS - MOUTHING OFF!!! - FREESTYLE BY LUDA - YouTube

Ludacris - Undisputed - Theater Of The Mind - YouTube

nah son, punchlines alone. presence, flow etc...pshhh
he made AA flow structure dope as fuck. lmao (so LB text heads understand)

AfterThought
05-14-2012, 06:10 PM
"Mouthin Off" & "Word Of Mouf" are my favourite tracks from Luda. His shit got punches that you ENJOY listenin to.

Manny Festo
05-14-2012, 06:50 PM
luda is cool i consider myself a fan......that being said.........i wouldn't give him top 20 probably.

Black Book
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Hip-Hop isn't all about struggle. What's the point of just listening to depressing songs? While Nas takes that approach & is a great lyricist, a lot of his songs sound the same. Ludacris comes creative & correct on every track. & Runaway Love is dope! Fuck you, Ticket.

Krhyme Killz
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Id say Luda is WAY more repetative than NaS.

Black Book
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
All his songs topic wise, are about relatively the same thing.

Student
05-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Def. Top 10, Maybe Top 5 But IDK At The Moment I'd Have To Debate With Myself For Weeks To Come Up With A Top 5 List.
Here Are Some Of My Fave. Ludacris Tracks:
Ludacris - Large Amounts. - YouTube
Ludacris- Grew Up A Screw Up - YouTube
Ludacris "Child Of The Night" feat. Nate Dogg - YouTube
Ludacris - Southern Fried Intro/Blow It Out - YouTube