PDA

View Full Version : ITT: Permissions And Issues.

Just C
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Disclaimer: This is not me having a pop at you.

This is a list of permissions I think need to handed out to Mod staff in order to make this place run more smoothly.

Pugz

"Titles and Awards Moderator"

FUEL should have the ability to hand out titles himself. Let's cut out the tedious middle man process. It only hinders site progress.

(Most Important)

Tournaments:

All staff should have the ability to have FULL control over tournaments. That means everything we currently don't have access too, including the ability to edit brackets to replace members who can't show. Again let's cut out the middle man process. It KILLS momentum. I still don't know why after all this time that this is still an issue. You can't expect us to run these things properly when we have to sit twiddling our thumbs waiting for you to get online, it's ridiculous.

Also related to this I think for the sake of tournament and competition voting/participation. I think we should have the ability to send out site wide announcements. This would help HUGELY!

Askari will be running the FVC with me. We will be working together and helping each other out on both sides but this gives me more time to focus on the Audio part while naturally Askari can work on the text portion. (Request) myself and Askari have agreed that it is for the best that we restart and SCRAP the signing portion of the FVC, from now on we will be hand picking suitable candidates so when you get the time could you please delete the "FVC Sign Up's" section of the forum as it will no longer be needed.

Also (If FUEL had title permissions I wouldn't be asking you to do this) could you please delete (If you haven't already) any FVC user titles you come across (With the exception of Haz) Thanks.

Lastly:

We've all come to the agreement that Gurp Da God should be the new audio moderator to replace Anonymity. So could you do that up for us please? Thanks.

Again I'm not having a go @ you. But these need addressing /fixing mate.

Askari
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Agreeing with all this just C, and I'll get selecting the text FVC over the next week or so.

Revan
05-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Gurp The God (www.letsbeef.com/gurp the god)
Audio Moderator
Live Battler

AfterThought (www.letsbeef.com/AfterThought)
Text Moderator

& Agree with the OP completely.

SWAVY
05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
simple co-sign

Pugz
05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
K Im gonna get on this today... Tourney and Fuels requests may take a min but i will get it done.. Im thinking of just giving a few people full tourney control.. I.E Just C, RULE, Mayneak, Mindless and myself... High potential for fuckery if every has.. on a side note.. just C.. Good job on this post.. @Everyone else... This is how I like requests done.. for future reference :D

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Site-wide announcements have to be done by myself as you need full access to our Arrowchat Server ... I will leave my cell # with you guys if you need anything URGENTLY just txt me and ill oblige.. 6479909233

Revan
05-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Got a new HOF'er that needs the title on two accounts.
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=18899
^
First &
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=886695
^
Second. Needs the gold: Hall Of Famer <--- Title thanks.

Summat for you to add to your to-do list :D

Pugz
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
ok... Another thing.. I think we shouldnt allow EVERY mod to run tourneys... anyone agree with this? I think if it was one or 2 people who really know their shit.. things wouldnt be all over the place.. And if a mod wants to start one whose not in charge of it they can set it up with the dude that is... thoughts?

Revan
05-07-2012, 04:08 PM
ok... Another thing.. I think we shouldnt allow EVERY mod to run tourneys... anyone agree with this? I think if it was one or 2 people who really know their shit.. things wouldnt be all over the place.. And if a mod wants to start one whose not in charge of it they can set it up with the dude that is... thoughts?

I dunno about Corb but with Text im planning on not using the offical brackets for anything besides the two yearly GC tournaments.

I made a list of the tourneys that need deleting / renaming. Can you do it cuz i'll post the list if so.

Pugz
05-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Give me the link to that post please.. im including it in my email to X

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Maybe we should do like Rocbattle.. Official Tournaments... and Un-Official Tournaments... The official ones on are set dates un-official ones are random.. what you think?

Revan
05-07-2012, 04:25 PM
1. Renaming / Deleting Tournaments.

First off i think all the current tournaments could use with renaming to establish there connection to the title they produce more clearly. Some on the other hand require deleting completely. This is what i propose:

Scheme Championship #1 Prelims
^ Renamed: Rhyme Scheme Championship 2012

Scheme Championship #1 Prelims
^ TO BE DELETED

All Star Crew Tournament #1
^ Renamed: Crew Championship Tournament 2

One Bar Tournament #2
^ Renamed: One Bar Championship 2012

One Bar Test
^ TO BE DELETED

Grand Prix Tag-Team Championship pt. 2
Grand Prix Tag-Team Championship
^ Renamed: Tag Team Championship 2012 (Again can these be merged together? If not: Tag Team Championship 2012 Pt.1 & Tag Team Championship 2012 Pt.2)

2011 AUDIO TOPICAL TOURNAMENT
^ TO BE DELETED

All Star Text Tournament #1
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 12

2011 Audio ROTY Championships.
^ TO BE DELETED

2011 Text ROTY Championships.
^ Renamed: Rookie Of The Year 2011

2011 Text ROTY Championships
^ TO BE DELETED

Basic Text Tournament #7
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 11

Exclusive Text Tournament #4
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 10

Basic Text Tournament #6 (Part 2)
Basic Text Tournament #6
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 9 (Note: Any way to combine these two into one bracket?) If not can they be renamed into: Grand Championship Tournament 9 Pt.1 & ^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 9 Pt.2

Basic Text Tournament #5
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 8

Basic Crew Text Tournament #1
^ Renamed: Crew Championship Tournament 1

Basic Text Tournament #4
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 7

Basic Text Tournament #3
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 6

Basic Text Tournament #2
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 5

Basic Text Tournament #1
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 4

Exclusive Text Tournament #3
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 3

Exclusive Text Tournament #2
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 2

Exclusive Text Tournament #1
^ Renamed: Grand Championship Tournament 1

2. Primary / Secondary Championship Tabs.

Anyway we can have a tab on the tournament page to display the different championships? One tab from the Grand Championship & Crew Championship, and one for the Tag Team, One Bar and Scheme Championships?

3. Bracketed Tournaments

I propose that (unless the above suggestion is possible) that we no longer allow any tournaments to be hosted on offical brackets unless they are for Grand Championships or Crew Championships.

4. The Championship Titles

I propose the following title changes:

BEAST Lee: From BEAST to -
Grand Champion

UNKNOWN ARTIST: From 2x Grand Champion to -
Crew Champion
Grand Champion

Askari: From Grand Champion to -
Crew Champion

The UNKNOWN ARTIST & Askari title changes would have to be with thier consent, as both tournaments were advertised with a Grand Champion title for the winner. If either dont want the change i think its only fair they get to choose.

5. Tournament Schedule

Again this would be effected by the possibility of tabbed Primary / Secondary tournement pages.

Yearly:

2 x Grand Championship Tournaments (One to be subbed with a Crew Tournament depending on public desire)
^ In brackets

1 x One Bar Tournament
1 x Topical Tournament
1 x Tag Team Tournment

^Thats the orginal post. Having two tabs for Primary & Secondary tournaments would be crazy dope. Forreeal.

Pugz
05-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks.. Okay im focusing on the tourney situation until its done.. have my word

X
05-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Editing tournaments is not as simple as you think, there is no code for it. We have to program it. We currently edit tournaments by modifying the database by hand. This is gonna take some time.

Revan
05-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Editing tournaments is not as simple as you think, there is no code for it. We have to program it. We currently edit tournaments by modifying the database by hand. This is gonna take some time.

The other tournament issue is how the battles are decided.

I dunno how it worked back in 06' but nowadays it would benefit the site greater in battles were decided on a VP only basis. I understand at the moment its done on a staff vote certain% & members vote certain% and we've seen a few people lose battles that they would of won in VP alone by big margins. Switching the voting back to the same system regular battles have would be great and easier to manage.

& we dont think its simple, but i dont want you to be bored LOL

Just C
05-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Okay Mods who can have Full Tourney Control. (If and when possible)

Based on trust and activity with Tourney's.

Audio:

Myself:
SWAVY:

RULE can decide for text.

As for official Tournaments for Audio:

64 Man Beast Mode Championship: (A Capella)
64 Man All Star Championship: (A Capella & Custom Beat)
Grand Championship: (Rank Qualified) (Custom Beat)
32 Man November Invitational: (Custom Beat)

This brings me to another issue. I would make the Grand Championships Roc Battle Beats but as far as I'm aware from last I remember. Participants end up getting stuck with the same beat round after round making it stale. Plus the beats using the old players are old. So until a solution to this *Looks at the new players and beat library* using Roc Battle Beats just isn't an option right now.

Pugz
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Okay.. FVC thread is straight.. Gurp and After have been added as mods.. Wigsplit and Anonymity have been removed from modship.. and saint cizzly has his titles.. gonna bang the rest of the title requests out.. if anyone needs anything else done that i can do nows the time to ask..

NOBLE
05-08-2012, 03:54 AM
I have to say I honestly don't agree with the policy of handpicking FVC members. Seems like there should be a less arbitrary way of determining who is worthy of having an elevated vp. There can be noted prerequisites for people to request to be a part of the FVC, then you can structure a fair way for the best applicants to advance (sort of like the V.A.T. tourney I'm running). People already think the FVC are just mod dick riders, and not giving them the idea that they can attain FVC in a fair manner, that you have to be handpicked, is sending the wrong message.

Revan
05-08-2012, 04:10 AM
I think it should be noted that a LOT of Internet Explorer users are suffering with glitched battles. It happens with me EVERY time i try to post a battle with IE. I have to use Google Chrome to post battles.

Either a look into the cause or an announcement letting people know the problem needs to be done cuz we're getting a shitload of glitched battles coming in.

1/

Pugz
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
IE is whack...

AfterThought
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Slow as fuck too. lol
I think some people have the same issue with FireFox too though, so I think it should be made known that if the battle glitches, try posting using another browser

Revan
05-08-2012, 09:18 AM
IE is whack...

True but either way we need to address the issue via annoucement or attempted repair of the problem.

Google Chrome ftw lol

AfterThought
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Okay.. FVC thread is straight.. Gurp and After have been added as mods.. Wigsplit and Anonymity have been removed from modship.. and saint cizzly has his titles.. gonna bang the rest of the title requests out.. if anyone needs anything else done that i can do nows the time to ask..

I made a request thread a couple weeks back to take off my custom titles, dont know if you got it, just reminding you.
Sorry for asking to take them off after requesting them, I decided Im only aiming for official titles, thanks fam.

NOBLE
05-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Doug Funny had posted this in the thread 'site is soooooo glitchy' (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115185&goto=newpost)
These Particular Battle Glitches Happen For One Reason.
The Site After A Period Of Time Automatically Goes Back To The Audio Tab.
Say You Just Go To The Text Lounge And Let The Page Sit There For a Half Hour And Then Come Back and Hit refresh you'll See The Audio Tab Highlighted.

What That Does Is Make Your Text Battles Glitch If you Take To Long On The Page Writing To Post Your Verse.

Best Way To Fix This Is, Write Your Verse. Copy It, Then Back Out Of The Battle Screen (do Not hit Submit Entry) Then Go Back To The Battle Accept The Battle Again... Post Your Verse. Go To The End Of Your Verse And Put a Space So That The Line Counter Will Recognize The Amount Of Lines In your Verse Then Hit The Submit Button.
If this true, then this could be what accounts for a large majority of the glitches. Would there be a way of stopping the site from automatically refreshing to the Audio tab Pugz?

AfterThought
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
It's true, that's why I NEVER reply to a battle from the same page I was writing the whole time on.

Óðinn
05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Just € i agree 100% with all that you have put forward. Good looks fam...

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Just € i agree 100% with all that you have put forward. Good looks fam...