PDA

View Full Version : Double T vs RIGGA; RIGGA WINS! via 3-0 KO!

IV
02-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Double T (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=74195) vs RIGGA (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=886502)

House rules apply. Any questions, contact me.

Check ins are due Monday (27.02.12) at 11.59PM EST
Verses are due Thursday (01.03.12) at 11.59PM EST
All topical dates are English format; DD/MM/YY exmaple; today is the 26th of Feb 2012 / 26.02.12

Line length; 20-60 lines
3-0 K.O or first to 5 votes

Your topic is-

MORTAL COMBAT

Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow
Vocabulary
Topic/Meaning
Storytelling/Progression
Emotion
Imagery
Poetic Techniques
Ending

Double Ŧ
02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
its the 27th where im at
Checking in

RiGGA
02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.styleschecks.com/styles_assets/images/product/Z202PCHK_e.gif

Double Ŧ
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Fuck it 22 lines will do for me since its my first topical
Good Luck Rigga

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

on mics youll find im FAH-STAH, i AM WHAT I AM
like im facin kaTANA, when i STAND BEFORE FANS
its HAND AFTAH HAND, always on a HIGH PUNCH
twelve hit combos leaven bodies in the SPIKES STUCK
then i LIGHT UP nades that STRYKA THROWS
a toasty up-start, then im FIGHTING SMOKE
-scorpion- when i -torture him- BEHIND THE ROPES
-screamin- like -Sheeva- on the HIGHEST NOTE
not the KIND TO CHOKE, im not TALKING OF MICS KID
call me lu kang, cause im WALKING WITH FLY KICKS
im not a striker, or the SORT TO JUST FIGHT PIGS,
im ORDERING NICE RIBS when they CAUGHT WITH A NIGHT STICK
im OFTEN LOOSING GAMES, its not a PROBLEM TO ME AYE
i can HONESTLY JUST SAY ive got a POCKETFUL OF CHANGE! (lol)
but BEFORE THA HEADS BLEED during a RUMBLE FOR A LIFE
ull see aMORTAL TECHNIQUE as they STRUGGLE TO SURVIVE!
im not STOPPIN TRUE EVIL, but my EYES ARE OBSESSED
when im WATCHIN TWO PEOPLE as they FIGHT TO THE DEATH
with a RIGHT AND A LEFT, wicked "STRIKES TO A HEAD"
a -nice "match"- like -syrax- ull "FIND BITS OF RED"
then he FIRES FROM THE CHEST, a MISSLE MADE FOR WAR
then this KID'L CHANGE HIS FORM Striker's PISTOL AIMIN FORTH

RiGGA
02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll match...

His MIND PANICS 'praying for safety' or a DIVINE ANNEX to hide in

But why when if surrender is GRANTED he must hand over his pride then?

Calming his brain, preparing for a battle he might win

He begins to recollect scenes of Ty-son fight-in’

While thinking back on posters of Ali

He recalls laws such as mind over its BODY

You see an idiot can swing but will PROB’LY MISS

Because hand-eye coordination is what GOT EM THE HITS

So DROP ‘EM WITH THIS, clear your head and LOCK INTO HIS,

STOP and wait for the OPTion to send a POP IN THE LIPS

And if he’s BLOCKIN WHAT’S SENT above

THEN do him foul and start BOXIN HIS HIPS, no gloves

Now HOLD UP and regain CONTROL OF your THOUGHTS IN THIS SHIT

Cuz it’s only your FAULT WHEN YOU MISS, he 'shake n bake' and now you CAUGHT
IN THE MIX

Better bob and weave and forsee his leg was BROUGHT UP FOR
KICKS

And COUNTER HIS LICKS, then 'make this pussy bleed' like THE DOT ON A BITCH

Steady POUNDING WITH FISTS, for the SAKE OF WRECKING HIS DOME

We are human made up of only flesh and just bone

Gods amongst men are found when testing the throne

And the winner wouldn’t allow a man to mess with his home

Or his Pride.. really not even his dignity

For he knows though man must die, a legend lasts into infinity...

Double Ŧ
02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
I think both of you missed the topic. Mortal Kombat Verity RiGGA
wtf...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

you know.. the video game?

RiGGA
02-28-2012, 01:04 PM
There's also a box Double Ŧ

you know...think outside it?

IV
02-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Voting Rubix

Rhyming Scheme/Flow - RIGGA - Both were quite basic but the multi - mentality from both sides made it looks more like a battle verse, capping multies auto-sounds like punches in your head. RIGGA you saved it with your last few lines.

Vocabulary - Tie - basic vocab from both but it went with the topic, no need for a range of vocab here but in the future watch out for that.

Topic/Meaning - RIGGA - both stuck to topic, Rigga is right with the 'think outside the box' Double you took the topic at face value (which is fine) but you have to be creative to make a good topical writer.

Storytelling/Progression - Tie - neither had a CLEAR beginning, middle, end with events within the verse. Nicely written, and they did tie up nicely in RIGGAs but i'm going to be harsh so you have areas to improve.

Emotion - RIGGA - Easily the first few lines and the last few lines got this for you. I liked how you switched the emotion from a fight mentality to deep and emotional at times, good job.

Imagery - Double - he created better images, because I could see the video game in my head. Good job, just work on being able to keep imagery and incorporate everything else.

Poetic Techniques - RIGGA - Double your verse was written more like a battle, RIGGA you showed signs of that too but the last few lines were very nice. Simplistic from both, but not bad. Work on it.

Ending - Previously said there wasn't MUCH of an ending for either. So tie.

Overall MVGT - RIGGA - Good job. This was interesting from both. Double work on what you have now, build on it and incorporate new techniques. RIGGA you really got the hang of this, with the topic it was hard to dig deeper but I know you can, so do. Also, step your vocab up and have ago at writing a clear story. I was impressed with you RIGGA here, Double the potential is there, just work on it! Good battle.

Double Ŧ
02-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Semantic bullshit.. yeah im gonna bitch about this.. Rigga took the Ending, damn straight i took poetic technique with double rhymes the ENTIRE way through.. and use of inner rhymes perfectly syllble counted... emotion rigga took because of the way he did it.. story telling.. meh i didnt aim for that ill give it rigga.. topic meaning.. i MEANT MORTAL KOMBAT the fucking game.. so he was completely off topic.. vocab agreed tie.. rhyming scheme n flow? lol.. put me to the test ill fucking record it and proove flow
I put the whole thing down as a tie based on OBJECTIVE voting.. pfft.. cuntz always gonna hate
http://soundcloud.com/double_t/sets/i-dont-give-a-fuck

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

http://soundcloud.com/double_t/sets/songs-304

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Considering i LEARNT to rap on THIS fucking site.. all my rhymes have been structured from learning to battle.. how do these songs work then? Oh no.. structured like a battle.. it cant be poetic at all

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Im seriously fuckin pissed about this.. i meant a topic.. he didnt stick to it.. tha fuck's up with that.. Topic "Jungle" rhyme about the ocean (oh its outside the box) pfft

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

no its outside the jungle..
seriously wtf.. vote for the cunt jus cause he's got Braggin Writez under his name.. yeah this site hasnt changed much at all... who said poetry cant be spit aggressively? i been writting for a long fuckin time.. longer than most peeps on this damn site thats for sure.. and one thing i know that 100% true.. i aint here for fame.. im here to write.. you just lost sum1 that was keen on doin alot of topical.. consider me out of that fuckin tourny.. no not because i lost.. because this dude didnt stick to topic.. and he got voted on that catagory.. like i said.. the entire thing shoulda been scrapped as soon as there was a misunderstanding.. which is why i posted..

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

oh wait.. u wanted sumthin in this style? lol more than one style of poetry ffs
Double T & Aroe - For You by Double_T on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

M3GATRON
02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
I Have a question.....Has Verity or RIGGA even played a MK game????? For a Mortal Kombat topic battle, RIGGA a'int got 1 line that can directly relate to any MK game.. or movie.. or cartoon. He has a few select bars, that would fit into any topical verse involving fighting.
But... lets all remember... MORTAL KOMBAT is the topic. .. now, lets compare each verse side by side.. RIGGA has some good punches, 1 nice metaphor, good use of multis.. the verse sadly is....almost COMPLETELY OFF THE TOPIC... Double T's verse has a MK reference every line, and almost each reference to MK is part of the punchline/metaphor.. he works a mutli syllable mk reference in almost every line... not bar.. every LINE. I'm looking at this strictly from a judging Point of view, Double T took to the subject MORE aggressively, the flow is easier to follow and read. The complexity of the bars are way more impressive. and he STAYS COMPLETELY ON TOPIC. RIGGA had better multi's. that the only category I can see he is ahead of T, in this battle.

So, *SPOILER ALERT* I'M BOUT TO TALK SOME SHIT.

I call bullshit if you put copy n paste UFC bars, over bars like this

''then i LIGHT UP nades that STRYKA THROWS
-screamin- like -Sheeva- on the HIGHEST NOTE''

1. strykers grenades explosion metaphor,
2. UP, START, must be pressed after the dude comes on screen and says ''toasty'' if you want to unlock smoke in MK2,
3. scorpion.... ''behind the rope's'', THE MOTHERFUCKER THROWS A ROPE WITH A HOOK ATTACHED AT YA CHEST!.
4. Sheeva punchline, ''highest note... '' you just got compared to a female homie.

I can understand if certain punches/metaphors are too complex for some.
And no disrespect to RIGGA's skill, or Verity's Judge of talent. But...
SERIOUSLY?? SERIOUSLY??? Are you SERIOUS!!!!!!!!
I am either dissappointed in the lack of effort put into reading the verses or your lack of intelligence. I know who won this battle, and any real emcee does. I give respect to both rappers, but some of this site needs to open their eye's, I find it hard to believe people are leaning towards a verse not even relevant to its predetermined topic, just because a ''newer rapper'' is paired against a ''vet.'' SERIOUSLY DID YOU EVEN READ THE VERSES??????????? SERIOUSLY THOUGH??

Hate mail accepted.
Your only mad cuz you know I am right.

M3GATRON

NOBLE
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I enjoyed reading both verses, but I think the exact topic was either poorly understood or simply ambiguous.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I would like to make one thing CLEAR
My beef is not with Rigga
My beef is not with the outcome of Verity's vote (although i believe it to be bias i will never have proof)
My beef is with the result of ONE CATEGORY

TOPIC

As stated in the previous thread that set this battle in motion.
(Which i would link but it seems to have been misplaced conveniently)
The topic decided and agreed upon. was MORTAL KOMBAT
Now Verity posted it as Mortal Combat
I should have made it clear then, but i didnt think i was misunderstood, because anyone who reads the words MORTAL COMBAT instantly thinks of the game.
If this WAS misunderstood the battle should be scrapped.
However i dont see how it could have been with
1. My original post
2. My verse which was posted first showed the topic i meant
3. Rigga's statement "Outside the box"
I agree with a "Outside the box" approach in topicals.
This is why i actually rhymed outside the box myself, which more than likely wasn't even taken into consideration.
Again i reiterate, i am only arguing about the result of ONE category.

So ill break it down for yas.

on mics youll find im FAH-STAH, i AM WHAT I AM
like im facin kaTANA, when i STAND BEFORE FANS
its HAND AFTAH HAND, always on a HIGH PUNCH
twelve hit combos leaven bodies in the SPIKES STUCK
then i LIGHT UP nades that STRYKA THROWS
-screamin- like -Sheeva- on the HIGHEST NOTE
not the KIND TO CHOKE, im not TALKING OF MICS KID
call me lu kang, cause im WALKING WITH FLY KICKS
im not a striker, or the SORT TO JUST FIGHT PIGS,
im ORDERING NICE RIBS when they CAUGHT WITH A NIGHT STICK

All of the above, every line is about Mortal Kombat from the standard perspective, Using various styles and techniques of rhyming.
Standard double rhyme schemes (my favorite)
Basic Multi (half a line without rhymes for simplicity)
Wordplay: Upstart (a term for sum1 who has risen steadly to wealth or high position)
Inner rhymes (AKA minor schmes AKA rhymes within rhymes)
Large Multis (aka String Rhymes)
Flow Transitions : Continuing the rhyme scheme for one beat longer than necessary to create a smoother transition into the next line.

im OFTEN LOOSING GAMES, its not a PROBLEM TO ME AYE
i can HONESTLY JUST SAY ive got a POCKETFUL OF CHANGE! (lol)
but BEFORE THA HEADS BLEED during a RUMBLE FOR A LIFE
ull see aMORTAL TECHNIQUE as they STRUGGLE TO SURVIVE!
im not STOPPIN TRUE EVIL, but my EYES ARE OBSESSED
when im WATCHIN TWO PEOPLE as they FIGHT TO THE DEATH

All of the above rhymes are taken from a "Outside the box" approach, as i am not directly referring to the game, however still remaining on topic, with not as many different styles.
Double Rhymes (My favorite)
Large multis (AKA String rhymes)
Nameplay: aMortal Technique (Immortal Technique)
Dead Transitions : Using a completely different rhyme to set up the next bar, thus creating a more "emphasized" annunciation of the start of each bar.

with a RIGHT AND A LEFT, wicked "STRIKES TO A HEAD"
a -nice "match"- like -syrax- ull "FIND BITS OF RED"
then he FIRES FROM THE CHEST, a MISSLE MADE FOR WAR
then this KID'L CHANGE HIS FORM Striker's PISTOL AIMIN FORTH

All of the above, is back to the more standard way of taking the topic Mortal Kombat. With some of the previous styles used.
Wordplay : "Strikes to a head" "Find Bits of Red" "Match"
Small and Large Multis
Inner Rhymes
Flow Transitions
Granted i did end this entire thing 2 lines short of a perfect flow. (According to cadence)

My apologies that i made a mistake, Syrax is yellow, not red. my bad. I got him and Sector confused. Is that why you voted me off topic?

NUFF SAID

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

-Side note, I have pm'd various mods about this,including RULE, because i am not taking this one lying down, I spent hours composing that verse, and i am planning on making a track about Mortal Kombat as a result. I have pm'd various respected members also, to give a wide range of perspectives on the matter.

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
To be honest, I used the spelling error to monopolize because I gave an entirely new perspective on the topic...Actual mortals entering combat. Their emotion, how they feel whether physically or mentally, etc. I seriously thought I'd have this in the bag for flipping the entire shit based on a LEGAL technicality (the misspelling).

If need be, I'll rewrite it and make sure it pertains to MK.

And yes, I've been playing Mortal Kombat since MK II. To stay on the completely obvious topic would have been child's play.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Agreed about the childs play remark, however this is why i rhymed out of the box aswell, to show a varied perspective. If you did or did not notice. Im still not letting this lie down. Because Verity voted after i brought up the fact that it was off topic. Something should be done about this. The Topic vote was a complete and OBVIOUS bias. (Im assuming it was because i said you were off topic) Or Intentional misinterpretation by Verity, After i posted wtf u know i meant the video game right, and you said yes, she still gave you the catagory. I feel that is unjust and unfair.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

From a FVC and a MOD?? come on now....

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Just because im unkown doesnt mean i DONT KNOW

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

However i would rather this topic be scrapped, and we can do a different topical battle. But i still think Verity needs to either explain herself, or defend herself, before that happens.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

LOL and you know what? Your rhyme wasn't even on topic if it was Mortal Combat, other than a generic verse about fighting as M3gatron pointed out. Where is anything about Mortal? what.. the fact they are human? Combat.. sure.. fighting.. but its actually fucking easier to do what you did than i did mate. I spent hours on this damn thing because i wanted to impress. I didnt care about the W, i wanted to impress the fact i can stay on the topic that is chosen. Test me with any fucking topic, i will produce the same calibur of tech. (With varied perception or "Outside the box thinking" JUST LIKE I DID IN THIS ONE") Infact, you didnt think outside the box, you jsut created a new box. and made it about boxing/UFC, you didnt vary from the perspective at all.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

You know what.. fuck it.. I WON.. plain and simple. More advanced multis. More relevant lines word play while staying on topic.. i mean wtf is this shit.. Supposed to be about poetry?

how many of u rappers have done this shit (and no it aint capped read and hear the rhymes with my accent)
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=2814967427832

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I feel like ive lost points just because of how i capped my rhymes.. i think that is unfair, should i re-write it space it out and not cap them? it was supposed to sound aggressive (like punches) its about people fighting to the death ffs

Catharsis
02-29-2012, 02:16 AM
First of all...the topic was "Mortal Combat". Combat...between mortals. So saying it had to be about the game Mortal Kombat is silly.... that being said...here's my vote.

Rhyming Scheme/Flow: Close IMO but DOUBLE.... both stayed fairly simple though.
Vocabulary: Tie... neither really used any crazy vocab to edge it.
Topic/Meaning: DOUBLE ... took his angle and used it more completely.
Storytelling/Progression: RIGG... seemed a little light, but definitely could see where you went with it. More lines always help.
Emotion: RIGG... Again, more lines would have helped but you took the more emotional route.
Imagery: Honestly a Tie... both were totally different. With DBLT's shit I could see myself playing the game. With Riggs I was more into the picture of a boxer/fighter he was painting.
Poetic Techniques: RIGG... both seemed slightly more battle oriented. Which might seem like the way to go, but it takes away from the topic, strangely even when the topic is combat.
Ending: Tie... neither really wrapped it up in a way I didn't see coming.

Close one.... but overall RIGGA took it.

Double T... I feel where your drop was coming from, Mortal Kombat references were on point. But look at the voting rubric next time and try to incorporate more of those aspects into your verse. Put it this way, if you had used a broader vocabulary base... and had a more creative ending...you would have easily got my vote. More would have been better too...

Rigga... I feel like you pretty much got it down, but like V was saying...try to think a little more outside the box with the approach to the topic.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Catharsis I appreciate the honest vote, ive always respected you, However consider these two points. 1. It was stated as Mortal KOMBAT in the inital thread setting up this battle. 2. Rigga has admitted intentionally changing his style based on Verity's spelling error. And i stated this AFTER Rigga posted his verse, It should never have gotten to the point of voting. It should have been scrapped then and there. But i agree with every vote you made on every category. Now isnt that odd considering you voted me a loss? Hmm.. "Maybe Double isnt a sore looser"

ozark
02-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Yooo, in all fairness, i just got crucified on a topical that i didnt write about the exact people in the pic! Not by verity of course but crucified none the less-

Wat we have here, and i cant go too far into detail cause at the end of the day RIGGA is in my crew and i got my crew members all day! Is a miss understanding as to topicals in general. Which both showed creativity- i believe riga went too far outsidethe box, and double was too far into a battle scene which isnt a total bust cuz the topic was MORTAL KOMBAT-

Now i think he should have taken a different approach to this, but dont take away from the fact that this is both mcs first topicals- i think it should be scrapped and they go with a PICTURE TOPICAL- and script their verse to please the rubix- then all confusion shall be cast away in a sea of content!

P.s

*ShowOff

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 02:27 AM
^ co fucking sign

Catharsis
02-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Catharsis I appreciate the honest vote, ive always respected you, However consider these two points. 1. It was stated as Mortal KOMBAT in the inital thread setting up this battle. 2. Rigga has admitted intentionally changing his style based on Verity's spelling error. And i stated this AFTER Rigga posted his verse, It should never have gotten to the point of voting. It should have been scrapped then and there. But i agree with every vote you made on every category. Now isnt that odd considering you voted me a loss? Hmm.. "Maybe Double isnt a sore looser"

I never saw the original thread or title...but I believe you.

Either way, with a few more aspects worked into your verse I don't think it would have mattered. Next time, which I hope there will be.... take this one to heart and go out of your way to kill it in every category. That's how I'd look at it yo'.

be easy.

#Poets

M3GATRON
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Intricate makes a very valid point.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 02:38 AM
I think two things should come of this.

Battle Scrapped.

Verity's FVC should be examined. I definitely would like to hear her expo, or defense. As i have made accusations

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Yo I'm fucking dying at this shit.

I have a crew member going against me, and

Double T is pleading for a way out after getting worked.

Fact of the matter is, the topic "MORTAL COMBAT" was posted, and you checked in. That locks you into the bout. If there was a problem and/or you would've liked the topic defined more specifically, you should have then asked for it.

But you didn't, I painted a story that shitted on your basic Mortal Kombat references (anyone who played the game for 15 minutes would get those references) and put readers into the fighter's mind, a "Mortal" in "Combat".

And yes, in my stating the man to be "human" while capturing the emotions and thoughts felt by a mortal,l I do feel as though I stayed on topic quite well. It's only a pity that certain crew members failed to recognize it.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 04:19 AM
Mate i said something before votes were cast. I did define the topic by stating it in thread that set the battle, and i think my verse spoke louder than words what the topic was. And Intricate didnt say anything about the verses. He said it should be scrapped and suggested a rematch. Which i will be glad to do. YOU EVEN STATED YOU "KNEW" WHAT I MEANT BY THE TOPIC, and you stated you played on the fact Verity made a typo. Gratz on the cheap win.

KEEP IN MIND

I SPOKE BEFORE VOTES WERE CAST

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

to be honest, i used the spelling error to monopolize because i gave an entirely new perspective on the topic...actual mortals entering combat. Their emotion, how they feel whether physically or mentally, etc. I seriously thought i'd have this in the bag for flipping the entire shit based on a legal technicality (the misspelling).

If need be, i'll rewrite it and make sure it pertains to mk.

and yes, i've been playing mortal kombat since mk ii. To stay on the completely obvious topic would have been child's play.

..... Cheap win or what?

ozark
02-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Lmao- im not gonna argue wit u bro- if u would have read my comment it wasnt derogatory towards you in any way! It was basically stating wat went down in the battle and my view on it- i expressed that both of you showed creativity- but from his stand point the topical was more towards the actual topic- dont get it twisted! Like i said before- it should be scrapped and another match should be taken into thought- you had a good verse! Nothing against it- like i said-

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 04:23 AM
Im waiting for a REAL MOD to say whether i am right or wrong, which i will accept their judgment. I am not complaining about loosing. I have admitted your skill. I am complaining about the way that you won, its completely off the topic meant (AND U FUCKING KNEW I MEANT THE GAME! AND SO DOES EVERY ONE ELSE) Not your fault? Yet you admit that you played on it? pfft be real? I will never argue with a Catharsis vote. I thought i made it clear what i was saying.

AND THE FACT I SPOKE UP BEFORE VOTES WERE FUCKING CAST

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 04:28 AM
lol. Hows it a cheap win? Did I bite? I flipped the topic in a way you didn't manage to think of, and beat you with it. How the fuck is that a cheap win?

Honestly, you got worked and you're butthurt. If my verse wasn't better, I wouldn't be up 2-0 right now. Deal with it bro....

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 04:32 AM
I wasnt beefin with you in any way Rigga. My complaint is about Verity's vote on the topic catagory. Which come on, yeah you took me out with story and emotion ect (i agree!) But topicly? Mate nearly every "WORD" i used was a MK reference. "nearly"
Even though you DELIBERATELY MANIPULATED the situation, i aint hatin on that. Good job.
But how can someone vote fairly on a TOPIC when its TWO topics that have been written about?
Verity as a mod should have realized this and scrapped the battle as soon as you posted.
Because its two completely different topics.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

RiGGA I spoke before votes were cast idiot.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

And i admit that you won? I dont care? It shouldnt have gotten to votes.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Ive already admitted you've won several times. Im not talking about that. It should be scrapped because of the topic misunderstanding (AKA your manipulation of Verity's typo)

ozark
02-29-2012, 04:33 AM
I merely made a educated assesment of the situation! I still firmly suggest a rematch with a picture as the topic to detour from further confussion!

And in my earlier post- i mentioned us being in a crew and havin my crew all day! Just take a few moments extra to take in the full detail, instead of makin haste acknowledgment in exuberance!

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 04:35 AM
I still think i won, (IN MY OPINION) but show me an emcee that hasnt thought they've taken down a battle when they've been voted a loss and ill show you someone full of shit. However i am willing to accept votes. Im not disagreeing with the final result of the vote. Just one category. Are you even reading what people are writing?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Should be scrapped. I called it off topic before votes.. NUFF FUCKING SAID, im waiting for a real mod to get on this shit!

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Okay and every (not nearly, EVERY) word in every line I wrote was telling a story about a mortal preparing and then engaging in combat. You bringing up names and moves of mortal kombat characters is no more clever than story-telling a battle among men in every line.

And any moderator whose opinion is worth a damn will tell you the same.

Intricate Skillz I see you've been frequenting www.thesaurus.com, no? Honestly, I find your opinion ignorant and ill-conceived. Penalizing me for being creative by taking this battle down only shows that bitching and whining about getting worked....well, works.

Let's be real, had I of told him what I planned on doing from the jump, I doubt he'd have a problem with it. The problem lies at how well I wrote it and the inevitable L he seems to be facing at this point in time.

Double Ŧ Man up dog, and I'll be more than happy to give you a rematch. Also, feel free to limit the topic as much as you wish this time, which only purpose it'd serve would be to set restrictive boundaries on creativity.

ozark
02-29-2012, 04:45 AM
Well i see ignorance isnt bliss at all ^- u have ur mind set in n thats fine- yet wat was ignorant about the comment? Then again- thats all it was was a opinion- but just cuz ur in the crew im not goin to sugar coat it for u- its a unbiased opinion- further probs wit it- hmu inthe crew forum!

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 04:50 AM
RULE PLEASE GET ON THIS FUCKING SHIT SOON! SO I CAN STOP SAYING THE SAME SHIT THAT RIGGA OBVIOUSLY ISNT READING!

I agree with you on everything. Dude. Except one thing, i meant Mortal Kombat the Video Game, you know it, i know it, every one who has read this post knows it! (AND YOU'VE ADMITTED DELIBERATELY DIFFERING FROM THE TOPIC BECAUSE OF A TYPO "thats why i said cheap win") If you did stick to the topic Mortal Kombat, shit you woulda still beat me.. I know this Catharsis explained why. I can see why in your verse. Im not stupid. But i was more consistently on topic despite that. But HOW can a person judge a TOPICAL battle when its two different topics? You won dude, I admit it. Im not fucking arguiing that! I think the battle should be scrapped because of your DELIBERATE variation. I may be wrong about that. It's not for me to decide. I have stated my case. Let the beef die, and let a mod decide, then we can rematch in a friendly fashion over a picture or whatever. I just wanna write dude. Ive been awake for the past 48+ something hours with like 4 hours sleep, because of insomnia. Im surprised ive kept my composure this much. And your telling me to man up. Ive admitted youve won, MORE THAN 5 TIMES! Its not about that! It never was. I said something almost as soon as you dropped your verse. And you replied with a smart ass remark.

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Now you're screaming and begging for RULE to get on. Pure comedy...

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Yeah because i want it settled and over with mate, one way or the other, shit if i knew how to spell the other mods names i would be taggin them.

IV
02-29-2012, 05:05 AM
For fuck sake. Double let me explain something to you;

1; we're in the midst of the crew battle with Braggin Writez so my vote would NOT be swayed by his crew

2; topical battles in general get given a topic, that topic is written to your own interpretation. Mortal kombat isn't just a game. There's a number of topicals you could have used to be creative he didn't have to write about the game at all.

3; I told you when you messaged me not to use punches but you didn't listen. You are allowed to do whatever you like in the topical arena, it's for creativity. I can only give you guildelines and if you ignore those guidelines then how do you expect to get my vote? RIGGA quite clearly won this. And youre one more swaying spamming comment away from being DQ'd from this battle.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 05:18 AM
I did not use punches I AGREE HE WON did you read the posts? obviously not. He has admitted to a variation of the topic. "ADMITTED" dont care if i get DQ'd "OBVIOUSLY" i posted something BEFORE VOTES WERE CAST. if a picture is two people, and you rhyme about animals. its off topic.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I think both of you missed the topic. Mortal Kombat Verity RiGGA
wtf...

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

you know.. the video game?

There's also a box Double Ŧ

you know...think outside it?

But its still not MORTAL KOMBAT..

This was said BEFORE VOTES CAST im not arguing the decision ffs.. i can see HOW AND WHY he took the battle. Cath explained it perfectly.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Its still OFF TOPIC, YOU KNOW THIS! Yes.. i should have made it clear when i saw your mispelling of the topic. That is my mistake. I can admit where i have gone wrong, unlike others.

IV
02-29-2012, 05:39 AM
It wasn't a mis spelling of the topic, i spelt it that way on purpose to open up personal interpretation. Why did I do that? Because writing about a video game isn't in everybodys to-do list. You wanted to which is why you approached me and asked me to set it up, which is fine!

Yes the theme was mortal (k)combat. RIGGA thought outside the box and was very creative which is why I gave him the topic category, it wasn't obvious at all.

Have you read a topical battle before? The last topical final was between Wigsplit and RhetoriK. They were given a picture of an elevator. RhetoriK wrote about his son being born deaf. Are you saying that was wrong, his verse should have been scrapped and he should have re-written his verse about standing in an elevate, pushing the buttons, and getting out on the right floor? No Sir.

Get whichever MOD you want to this thread, and Askari is the new FVC moderator. If you have an issue with my voting, you should take it up with him if you don't feel as if I am a fair member.

Good luck with your venture.

Also as Megatrons vote wasn't cast using the voting rubix his vote is void and RIGGA is winning 2-0 thus far.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

If somebody admits to a variation of the topic, that's a good thing. This is one of the easiest calls i've had to make in judging topicals. Variations and interpretation is the whole point.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Megatron didnt vote, and i wouldnt have accepted the vote if he did. Crew mates n All. Look ill accept this, very reluctantly. W/E You should have noticed i said something about it being off topic before the vote, in the post i tagged you, and said something then. Thus stopping all this from happening. Sorry i raged, i still feel i took Topic catagory regardless, creativity on the topic is not a factor according to the rubix. w/e

IV
02-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Lol yes it is. Creativity is the WHOLE point!! If there were a picture of shoe, and you wrote about the actual shoe, about it having a heel, laces, the colour of a shoe... etc, do you think that should beat the verse that wrote about 'walking a 1000 miles in my shoes' journey type shit in the topic category? No. Next time you come at me with a World Of Warcraft looking topic... don't expect it to go ahead til you fully understand what you've said this entire thread is wrong.

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Yet it is not in the rubix. Let it die.

Just C
02-29-2012, 06:36 AM
@Catharsis (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=859952) It was stated as Mortal KOMBAT in the inital thread setting up this battle.

Verity did you put Mortal Kombat in the initial thread?

IV
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
Combat/Kombat, it's one letter difference and i don't actually know. Even if the subject were 'Mortal Kombat' (the game) there's no reason RIGGA couldn't have posted what he did. I assumed he just spelt Kombat wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I had to read 5 pages of utter bullshit before responding, and get told to 'let it die' once i respond?

Just C
02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Combat/Kombat, it's one letter difference and i don't actually know. Even if the subject were 'Mortal Kombat' (the game) there's no reason RIGGA couldn't have posted what he did. I assumed he just spelt Kombat wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I had to read 5 pages of utter bullshit before responding, and get told to 'let it die' once i respond?

Aight . Well I haven´t actually reaqd the 2 verses. But even if you did put Kombat. It doesn´t mean that Rigga has to go overboard with MK refrences and naming every MK character in history. He can drop with out doing all that as long as it´s related to the subject. I´m going to read the 2 and drop my vote.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow Rigga
Vocabulary Tie (both we´re very basic)
Topic/Meaning Double
Storytelling/Progression Rigga
Emotion Rigga
Imagery Rigga (Close though Both had up´s and downs)
Poetic Techniques Rigga
Ending Rigga

V/Rigga

Double Ŧ
02-29-2012, 09:18 AM
No she did not state Kombat, i chose the topic.. meh dw i agree to the lose which i have been saying all along, outside of one post when i raged (if memory served)

IV
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
3-0 knock out, RIGGA wins!

Just C
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Then why did you say Verity said Kombat in your earlier post?

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

No she did not state Kombat, i chose the topic..

@Catharsis (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=859952) I appreciate the honest vote, ive always respected you, However consider these two points. 1. It was stated as Mortal KOMBAT in the inital thread setting up this battle."

All that bullshit ranting and trying to make Verity out to be an Idiot for nothing. I should infract you since Rigga already won. Grow up and learn to take an L on the chin.

Askari
02-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Creativity is ultimately what it's about. Topical battles are about displaying creativity and the ability to convey a message or way of thinking regarding a certain topic. It's almost philosophy if you will: an individuals interpretation of a certain idea (the idea being the picture given). It should tell a story, or at least carry the reader along a distinct line of thought progressively. It is in NO WAY about punchlines or attacking your opponent, it's about displaying creativity, poetic technique, imagery, vocabulary and the ability to connect with a reader through clever writing. There were no unfair votes on this battle as far as I'm concerned, but I will investigate further when I have more time.

RiGGA
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
lol @ whoever put 'nuffsaid' in the Tags

M3GATRON
03-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verity View Post
Itz Killz you missed the point of the thread. I don't care that I lost. I cared a situation happened (accidentally or not) that a normal member would have been called out on, but a vet would not.

I took losses to Ask and DeNiro, had respect for it.

Would my thread of been 'out of line' if it were about a normal member? We all know the answer to that.

End of Quote.

now Verity compare that thread with this.. and you get .............!!! Oh i know the answer!!!!!!!! dickriding hypocritcal bullshit!!

Mortal combat is the subject in any battle...... basically. emcees know this. its like a fight to the death with words... so basically Verity your saying topical battles dont have to relate to the topic at all???? your saying we can take the topic ''Butte, Montana'' and talk about butts in montana instead of the city .. ''butte'' an be considered legit.... thats some bias fucking swaying dickriding shit. Glad you a chick cuz that would be gay shit after that all that dickriding for you to be a dude. Decepticon out.

We all think it. I just got the balls to say it.

M3GATRON

IV
03-01-2012, 02:40 AM
LMAP megatron you're actually serious aren't you? Please tell me you're joking! No hate rigga but.. Are you calling RIGGA a vet? Have you seen his record?

And I don't know wtf Montana is but it the topic was butte, Montana and somebody wrote about butts in Montana yes that is completely plausible.

You have no idea what you're talking about, you have never done a topical battle.. So why are you telling me that I am wrong? I literally can't believe this kid. Like I said previously... Rhet won the topical tournament, the topic was a picture of an elevator.. Rhet wrote about this sons hearing condition and won hands down. Do your research and learn how to topical battle before you tell me what's right and wrong.

Saying I dick ride RIGGA because he's a vet and a big name is stupid as fuck, he's had like... 10 battles hahahahaha. People are stupid

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Can you please explain to me why I would be bias towards RIGGA?

RiGGA
03-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Well what I can say is this guy sure has an eye for talent am I right!

IV
03-01-2012, 02:55 AM
M3GATRON explain. Why would I be bias towards rigga?

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

He has had 16 battles, of those 16 battles he's won 7, and lost 9. So talk me through why I vote vote for him because he's been here longer and he's a vet?

Double Ŧ
03-01-2012, 03:37 AM
^^ (Bragging Writez)

Im assuming Rigga is a old member who created a new account, and got put in the crew straight away. "ASSUMING"

Either way, yes i lost, good battle.

"Hey Double T wanna do a song on Mortal Kombat?"
"Yeah bro here i wrote a verse about boxing n ufc"
"Thats not on topic, how does the song work with that?"
"Oh.. its creativity"

Verity I am no longer raging i got sleep finally last night. I apologise for the bullshit. Yes i realize how childish i was behaving. I still disagree with your vote on that one topic, and the battle should have been scrapped when i called it off topic immediately after Rigg's post.

Meh...

Verity Set me up topical battle "Survival in the Forest"
Against anyone, preferably you.
Ill show you how a vet can conform to ONE PERSON'S perception of how a topical battle should take place, and yes that is the EXACT topic, i can see how it can be taken from multiple angles.

"Perception is a fickle thing, there is proof in this thread. The same can be said about how a topical battle should take place" *Insert punch here*
One persons idea, that was done differently, "punches" (even though they werent) still on topic.. no thats not aloud
One persons idea, that was done differently "TOPIC" oh thats ok hes Bragging Writez

ozark
03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
I aint gonna lie, im biased towards thick chicks- ;)

Just C
03-01-2012, 07:29 AM
^^ (Bragging Writez)

"Hey Double T wanna do a song on Mortal Kombat?"
"Yeah bro here i wrote a verse about boxing n ufc"
"Thats not on topic, how does the song work with that?"
"Oh.. its creativity"

But you already admited that Verity didn´t state Mortal Kombat. So why are you still keeping up this nonsense?

Double Ŧ
03-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Because I chose the Topic in the intial thread and it was AGREED upon. I thought that Verity had simply made a MISTAKE or TYPO when it was mispelt with a C, mortal "combat" was not the topic agreed upon. However yes, i can see how and why i lost, Story/emotion/ending ect

RiGGA
03-01-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/1011/hemorrhoids-why-are-you-butt-hurt-demotivational-poster-1290107533.jpg

http://pawsru.org/m/src/m54461_We-get-it-Youre-butt-hurt.jpg

IV
03-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Normally topical battles are based on a picture. I will topical battle again you after the topical tournament I have a lot of work to do. Riggas verse should not have been deleted. End of discussion

RULE
01-04-2020, 06:52 PM
tbm

added