PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Elevation: Rookies Read

Krhyme Killz
02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
One thing that has always kinda bothered me and shit about cats is this whole.."ask to elevate" logic. Forreal...if you need to ask on how to elevate, you may not have your heart in it. Now...i know some cats may ask for a pointer here and there, but ALOT of people are spending 60% of their effort asking, 30% expecting for it to happen, and 10% actually trying to elevate.

to be 100% honest with you...i never once asked for a single pointer. it may have taken me 500 battles lol..but i got reasonably good at this on my own. Peep my first 8 bar shit below...and i wasnt a rap writer before i joined this site:

wondered why i got hungry when i read this guy/ thats cuz first thing that popped in my head ...minced pie/ his style'll get ate up like they added one to the soda brand/ your girl stank puss gave the toy odor like the motor brand/ beat you sensless til you lean over like an older man/ high when i robbed you on the block, like i ordered you hold your hands/ kid listen, your bars dull, Krhyme shit glisten/ like the forehead of a Madoff victim with an ill pension/ and its intentional i spit hard shit, not accidental/ purposely write with purpose, so be all ears and listen/ listen like them boys whisprin ya name/ like you sitting next door, and you hear somebody pitching ya dame/ listen harder, like a silent but deadly farter/ listen til you hear the sound of your own lyrics turn to piss and fodder

and i took it from that to getting on a mic and even a few live battles with reputable leagues.

the point of this is not to son anyone asking..but to let you know honestly that it doesnt take someone else to enlighten you...it takes you having a love for words and expressing yourself. you'll only get better by putting forth effort

Godbody
02-22-2012, 12:22 AM
thats knowledge...

fuck asking people to help you elevate. do it yaself lazy mother fuckers. apply it to real life situations too. we can't hold you by the hand and cross the street with you forever

The Kid Eddie T
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Aha. Funny. I'm teaching my crew this same shit. w/ the whole citizen buissness. Write more, progress more, Correct. don't rely, You a bitch. Plain n simple.

IV
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I agree. I think it's because so many people on the site say noobs need to elevate, so it's probably some higher tier members own fault that it'd happened. I agree though, I give feedback on battles and if somebody has potential I might send them a PM and help them out.

Maybe I'm too nice, but of I'm honest it does get annoying when people like Citizen want advice every minute of the day (and repay me by biting against me from the Harry Potter YouTube rap)

Just C
02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
My self and Huey been saying this for eons. Pull ya finger out of your arse and teach yourself.

Chain Sol
02-22-2012, 07:33 AM
There is a balance, there is nothing wrong with asking if you're going to put the effort in. The problem comes when the person asks and doesn't actually try. A good analogy is if my little brother wants to climb a tree but isn't tall enough, I give him a push up and he just holds the branch but puts no effort into actually getting up himself so ofcourse fails. I as the helper can push him so far but if he's not willing to put the effort in he will get nowhere.

Askari
02-22-2012, 08:13 AM
A very good point Killz, a lot of new cats assume that when you offer to help elevate that you're gonna tell them every single thing to do.

When I joined this site I latched on to KILOS for help, but never once hounded him, merely asked him for feedback on my battles. Before chat it was a lot easier to elevate off your own back, god knows it took a while (6 years and I'm finally at a reasonable standard), but it's far more gratifying and rewarding to do it yourself, to put the work in, and to reap the benefits.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

A very good point Killz, a lot of new cats assume that when you offer to help elevate that you're gonna tell them every single thing to do.

When I joined this site I latched on to KILOS for help, but never once hounded him, merely asked him for feedback on my battles. Before chat it was a lot easier to elevate off your own back, god knows it took a while (6 years and I'm finally at a reasonable standard), but it's far more gratifying and rewarding to do it yourself, to put the work in, and to reap the benefits.

RiGGA
02-22-2012, 08:36 AM
barely 3 months in and im straight stylin on ya' nigguhz....PUTCHA MOUTH ON THE PISTOL!!!

IV
02-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Then you get the delusional members that think they're heavyweights already and don't listen to advice. I don't know which i prefer..

RiGGA
02-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Then you get the delusional members that think they're heavyweights already and don't listen to advice. I don't know which i prefer..

***mouth on pistol post***