PDA

View Full Version : God drops knowledge.

Godbody
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
The frail weaken
The strong'll be in jail eatin
The average male'll make it home if the bail's decent

- AZ

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
*AZ drops knowledge

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
AZ= NaS lite

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
AZ to Nas as outlaws are to Pac

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Thats a lil harsh.. But not far off

Godbody
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
AZ is Top 5 Dead or Alive

One of the greatest to ever do it.. And Top 3 lyricists of all time as well

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Nas to AZ

is like Cassidy to Papoose

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Naz to AZ

Mac Dre to Andre Nickatina

FiNAL WoRD
01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Whats the comparison of cassidy to papoose?

Godbody
01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Nas to AZ is like Eminem to Pac

Two great rappers, hard to choose between em

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Saying mildly thought provoking shit dont make you nice... AZ is dope.. But not even top 20

Godbody
01-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Not even Top 20? ... I would take your opinion more serious if you made great music. Cuz then I'd be able to tell who your influences are & whatnot...but most of ya'll don't care for lyricism and don't know what lyricism is...

AZ is considered the most underrated rapper of all time by most and one of the greatest lyricists of all time...so I'm actually completely right with what I say

shoutouts to remarK cuz he acknowledges this man as well

and Krhyme you're way off the mark... Do me a favor and listen to AZ's catalog of music.... Listening to 5 tracks wont help..

Give me your Top 10 rappers and I bet 2-3 of them are garbage ass rappers that rush their lyrics and therefore their music is a half-assed product with little to no substance or little to no complexity...

Godbody
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
on another note whats good with the site swagger jacking me like I'm not on here lurking to notice this swagger jackery...

from the types of avi's, to the names,

Phroxen
01-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Nas to AZ is like Eminem to Pac... Two great rappers, hard to choose between em

Given, Pac was good when he was alive.. but people put him on a higher pedestal than he should be. He is nothing close to what Eminem can do lyrically. Nothing close. Sure he can make songs with meaning.. so can Eminem. But if we're talking sheer lyrical talent.. he isn't even in Eminem's ballpark. This may just be my bias, since I think Biggie > Pac anyways.. but I know others share my thoughts.

Also, AZ is nice... maybe nicer than people know... but he's no Top 5 of all time, in my eyes.

V3numb
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Given, Pac was good when he was alive.. but people put him on a higher pedestal than he should be. He is nothing close to what Eminem can do lyrically. Nothing close. Sure he can make songs with meaning.. so can Eminem. But if we're talking sheer lyrical talent.. he isn't even in Eminem's ballpark. This may just be my bias, since I think Biggie > Pac anyways.. but I know others share my thoughts.

Also, AZ is nice... maybe nicer than people know... but he's no Top 5 of all time, in my eyes.

summed up my life thoughts.. glad someone agrees and actually said it

Godbody
01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't have Biggie in my Top 10...and I'm right next to NY

I think Biggie had some solid bars and he made great music..Music to dance/party to, music that bumps in the car, music to vibe to...but the same argument you gave for Pac & Em...can be said for Biggie. Biggie was nowhere near as nice as Em. & I'd say Biggie wasn't even as nice as Pac. Pac understood what music was about

A lot of people live, make music, and die. & They don't leave a lasting impact. Their impact is shitty music, or dance/club songs.

Pac & AZ are part of the rare breed that understand rap music as a way to express how you feel. They use it as a way to reach others that can relate. They use it as a way to uplift, to tell their story, to share their struggle. Nas does too. That's what you call REALness...

Not a lot of realness in the game anymore. Not a lot of people that care to listen for gems dropped by great lyricists. Only that catchy bullshit that gets radio play. Even Drake (who I supposedly love, right?) is saturating the game with bullshit. He only speaks about success & relationships. A lot of people can relate...but he doesn't drop knowledge. He just sings and drops decent little punchlines every now and then

fuck that shit. I'm a 90's baby and even though most of my generation was led astray into believing music is about what sells

"Oh Jay-Z beat Nas cuz Jay-Z has more money, more #1 albums, more this"

fuck that shit!!! If any of ya'll are passionate about rap music and what it really stands for then ya'll understand where I'm coming from. I think it's time to restore the golden era of rap....i would never know what that was like...I was still young during those times, but I look back at old videos and old songs and its kinda sad knowing those times are gone. the times when people put thought into what they were saying in their songs..because they knew as a rapper they had a voice & a responsibility to reach out and uplift the people

Just C
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Who are my influences Pulse?

Godbody
01-16-2012, 06:31 PM
You tell me. I don't hear the lyricism in your music

So I'm guessing off the bat that Nas, AZ, Pac, Talib Kweli, Black Thought...names like those are NOT your influences

Just C
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
And for clarity's sake. If you can't take K's opinon serious because he doesn't make "great music" then where the hell does that leave you? lol . No offence ofcourse.

Godbody
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Well then maybe I didnt mean to say great music... I respect K, not tryna take anythin from him

I havent heard any of his music though...let alone anything complex or lyrical.

and that statement stands with most of the people in this thread... I'm not impressed.

Just C
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Are u kidding me? Kweli is 1 of my all time favorites and a huge influence. I guess all you've heard from me is battle/diss tracks. I havent dropped anywhere near enough nmusic as I should have done. before I founf L.B i used to write music. Then I got dragged into irelivent bullshit

Godbody
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Word....but for now the piffery is summoning me

KingBankstou
01-16-2012, 06:39 PM

I think Biggie had some solid bars and he made great music..Music to dance/party to, music that bumps in the car, music to vibe to...but the same argument you gave for Pac & Em...can be said for Biggie. Biggie was nowhere near as nice as Em. & I'd say Biggie wasn't even as nice as Pac. Pac understood what music was about

A lot of people live, make music, and die. & They don't leave a lasting impact. Their impact is shitty music, or dance/club songs.

Pac & AZ are part of the rare breed that understand rap music as a way to express how you feel. They use it as a way to reach others that can relate. They use it as a way to uplift, to tell their story, to share their struggle. Nas does too. That's what you call REALness...

Not a lot of realness in the game anymore. Not a lot of people that care to listen for gems dropped by great lyricists. Only that catchy bullshit that gets radio play. Even Drake (who I supposedly love, right?) is saturating the game with bullshit. He only speaks about success & relationships. A lot of people can relate...but he doesn't drop knowledge. He just sings and drops decent little punchlines every now and then

fuck that shit. I'm a 90's baby and even though most of my generation was led astray into believing music is about what sells

fuck that shit!!! If any of ya'll are passionate about rap music and what it really stands for then ya'll understand where I'm coming from. I think it's time to restore the golden era of rap....i would never know what that was like...I was still young during those times, but I look back at old videos and old songs and its kinda sad knowing those times are gone. the times when people put thought into what they were saying in their songs..because they knew as a rapper they had a voice & a responsibility to reach out and uplift the people

what does rap music stand for?
and how would you know what rap music stands for?

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
If you havent heard my shit then why make that statement.

On another note.. The fact is.. You are a priviliged young punk looking into the world of hip hop and are at peace with what comforts you. Ive lived and breathed the shit for over 20 years. For yout to think that complexity has anything to do with dopeness is crazy. It fails to take into account the emotional aspect, tactical, storytelling, and fun.. Smh who tha fuck cares about complexity every time you turn the radio on

I know street niggas, backpackers, and preppy dudes. Not once has someone said "AZ is considered greatest of _____". You stay on someones dick yo lol. Before it was one of them other cats with 'pharoah', 'doom',or 'army' in their name lmao..

Ease up on the bold statements yo.

Phroxen
01-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Biggie was nowhere near as nice as Em. & I'd say Biggie wasn't even as nice as Pac. Pac understood what music was about

Correct, Biggie isn't in Em's ballpark either. Yes, Pac did make more meaningful songs.. but the majority of them were to R&B beats, talking about his mom and shit. Nice message, but not what I was looking for in Hip-Hop as a teenager. If I wanted a heartfelt story, I'd get a better one on an R&B track. (Again, I'm not saying he isn't good. Just not my cup of tea.)

If you're saying AZ and Pac are rare breeds that send a message... well, you're right to an extent. But people have surpassed that level of message sending already. I could link several examples from a few artists, all of which would be more intelligent, send a better message, and execute a better understanding of lyricism than Pac or AZ could. (Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, & Immortal Technique could all do this.) Hell, what Aesop Rock did with "Daylight" and "Nightlight" is fucking crazy.

Concerning your last paragraph, everything is cyclic. That "golden era" of Hip-Hop will come around again, this time with hungrier and more talented artists.

Just C
01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Lol I always said Pulse is a follower who latches onto the next craze or something someone told him about. Preaches about it. Tells you you're wrong and uneducated if you disagree w/ him . Again no offence Pulse you know we have a laugh and a joke but thats deffinatly the type of vibe you give off w/ some of your posts. Atleast to me you do.

KingBankstou
01-16-2012, 06:56 PM
hell yea, no matter what it is

that nigga was like that bout illumanti and all them other conspiracys

thats how you know somebody is easily infucled & very gullible lol

Revan
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
2pac- It Ain't Easy - YouTube

Just C
01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
AESOP Rock is horrible. The only nice track from him I know of is the 1 where he tells the fable of the fisherman. That was dope. Other than that? Naaaaah. and Pac was 10 times better thab Biggie (Personally) I got alot more out of his music than I ever did Biggie. I still like Big but it's always been Pac over him for me. Pac might not of been the most lyrical artist to ever write a verse. The the emotion he projected. His Mic pressence and hunger has never been matched. The closest to him in that respect was Em. But Pac still No 1 in that respect. And the "I can get more out of an RNB song" statement was ludicrous to say the least.

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 07:05 PM
i think Big's smoothness and confidence on a track has never been matched either tho...Big over Pac to me...but i cant fault anyone for saying otherwise...pULSe just keep falling for the same cats over and over...he dont realize that Hip Hop is so much more than just putting complex schemes and vocab together...AZ is nice..but very boring. The best emcees are complete and well rounded.

Phroxen
01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Just C LOLWUT?

Aesop is horrible? Dude.. his lyrics alone are off the fucking wall. Vocab alone smashes people. Imagery alone is insane. One thing he does not dominate in is flow. But I have other artists I like for pure flowing. No Aesop is not my favorite lyricist, but he's definitely good... and definitely opens my mind more than most other lyricists.

I'd really like to know what you're basing this "he's horrible" off of.. because from the stats I'm tallying, he's so far from it. The dude's even legit at freestyling (real freestyling, not memorized prewritten shit)

Speak. :)

KingBankstou
01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
i tried to like dat aesop dude

only song he got thats dope is that song about lucy? or something like that
mars attacks was ok too lol.

Just C
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I just don't like his delivery . The majority of his beat selections . His voice . I can't relate to or get into his tracks. Only 1 of his songs impressed me from a lyrical point of view. The 1 I described earlier. I remember some of the metaphors he used made me sit up and take note. So I guess it's a fair point to make that he DOES have lyrical prowess. I just can't get into his music and would never consider him anywhere near my top 10 top 20. even top 50 for that matter.

Phroxen
01-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Just C Fair enough. He does have a weird voice.. a strange flow, and abstracted (but meaningful) content. I can understand why you don't like him though.. thanks for clearing that up.

he DOES have lyrical prowess

^that phrase lets me know we're on the same page. :D

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 07:27 PM

proves your are bunz....

biggie isnt one of the greatest? Biggie was a fucking jazz musician with his voice. your a geek with a keyboard

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 07:29 PM
motherfuckers forget rap started out as a way to make bitches shake there ass

shits supposed to be fun. stop gettin so wet over "lyricists"

fuck keepin it real... i keep it unreal

Godbody
01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
lol @ easily influenced. You could say I introduced trolling to LB. See before trolling was hurling insults at somebody, it was mind fucking for a good laugh...

But what is this shit that I liked groups with "pharaoh" and "army" in their name... That's 1 group called Army Of The Pharaohs..Stop tryna make 2 separate incidents outta 1 thing...on a further note, how long you been "livin and breathin hip-hop" has nothing to do with how well versed you are on the genre or your knowledge of the game.

& since when was this shit all about "complexity"..Son I appreciate all aspects of the game. the complexity, the story telling, the emotional aspect, the street rap, the gangsta rap, the punchline shit, the humor shit, the horrorcore shit

I embrace all aspects of it. I'll listen to Nas one day and bump Rick Ross the next. I'll listen to Wu Tang one day and bump Dipset the next. I'm very well versed on Hip-Hop and when I label someone as being one of the greatest, it's because I've heard enough of their material versus alot of other rapper material to make that statement (i got the pac, em, nas, jay-z, biggie, az, rakim, wu tang, method man, talib kweli, papoose discographies) & so many more that I can't even name cuz I'll be diggin through my iTunes forever trying to get the point across that I was initially trying to make to you @Krhyme

you can't state an educated opinion without knowing the topic well. the topic being where AZ stands amongst top dogs. Me being the original poster of this thread because I've heard songs upon songs upon songs from many different artists so I can accurately reflect where someone stands amongst other rappers.

Godbody
01-16-2012, 09:32 PM
and wtf are you going on about Phroxen with this AESOP Rock, Sage Francis & Immortal Tech shit...none of those dudes are seeing Nas, AZ, or Pac. not even close

now did you mean to say AESOP Rock or ASAP Rocky? lml

Godbody
01-16-2012, 09:37 PM
motherfuckers forget rap started out as a way to make bitches shake there ass

shits supposed to be fun. stop gettin so wet over "lyricists"

fuck keepin it real... i keep it unreal

it is pretty unreal how you swagger jacked daddy and decided to add "God" in ya name...

however

Biggie was nice w/ it but not Top 10 nice. I'll name a rapper right now that you probably never heard of and he's better than Biggie

Phroxen
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
and wtf are you going on about with this AESOP Rock, Sage Francis & Immortal Tech shit...none of those dudes are seeing Nas, AZ, or Pac. not even close

now did you mean to say AESOP Rock or ASAP Rocky? lml

The original topic was about AZ being a great lyricist, and his being "real" and "sending a message". Those are three lyricists who send better messages than he can, and with more talent as far as lyrics/rhyme schemes/wordplay/etc are concerned. And as long as we're on that topic, I'd say they all beat Pac too. Again, I'm not a Pac fan.. he's boring to me. He's used the word "picture" on his tracks probably more times than I've actually listened to them (picture me.. picture perfect.. picture this.. blah)

And no I didn't mean fucking ASAP Rocky lmmfao. That kid has good mic presence and okay beats.. that's it. Zero content, and no point other than to listen to it while you're blown. And I can think of tons of tracks/artists I'd rather listen to while I'm high lol..

Moral of the story: Just because someone paved the way for Hip-Hop doesn't make them better than those they've paved the way for.

KingBankstou
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
lol @ easily influenced. You could say I introduced trolling to LB. See before trolling was hurling insults at somebody, it was mind fucking for a good laugh...

But what is this shit that I liked groups with "pharaoh" and "army" in their name... That's 1 group called Army Of The Pharaohs..Stop tryna make 2 separate incidents outta 1 thing...on a further note, how long you been "livin and breathin hip-hop" has nothing to do with how well versed you are on the genre or your knowledge of the game.

& since when was this shit all about "complexity"..Son I appreciate all aspects of the game. the complexity, the story telling, the emotional aspect, the street rap, the gangsta rap, the punchline shit, the humor shit, the horrorcore shit

I embrace all aspects of it. I'll listen to Nas one day and bump Rick Ross the next. I'll listen to Wu Tang one day and bump Dipset the next. I'm very well versed on Hip-Hop and when I label someone as being one of the greatest, it's because I've heard enough of their material versus alot of other rapper material to make that statement (i got the pac, em, nas, jay-z, biggie, az, rakim, wu tang, method man, talib kweli, papoose discographies) & so many more that I can't even name cuz I'll be diggin through my iTunes forever trying to get the point across that I was initially trying to make to you @Krhyme

you can't state an educated opinion without knowing the topic well. the topic being where AZ stands amongst top dogs. Me being the original poster of this thread because I've heard songs upon songs upon songs from many different artists so I can accurately reflect where someone stands amongst other rappers.

he was talkin bout pharoh monch or somethin ike dat

but yea you over-analyze rap to the point where its not rap its just your opinion or somebody elses that you have taken and said it was your own because your easily infulenced

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 10:43 PM

i hate to make broadsweeping generalizations...but forreal...anyone that puts AZ over BIG just doesnt get it to me...plain n simple.

by doing that, you are keeping such a small view of things. i PROMISE you that AZ wouldnt even put himself in that category

Godbody
01-16-2012, 11:18 PM
AZ has respect for BIG because he talks about being in a music video with BIG and smoking blunts with BIG

but you don't think AZ would put himself in that category? In one of his interviews he was listening to one of his jams and he said himself he was Top 5

"Don't stop til you paid or you knocked, or laid in a box, i'm the greatest since Pac" - AZ

AZ has some of the most witty lyricism you'll ever hear. From anyone. Ever. He has one of the smoothest flows, and a unique rhyme scheme that's pretty complex.

"No concerns for new beef, who's as nice as I'm / It's confirmed from few feet I'm still a sniper blind"

"I'm as vicious as the realest you know, only difference is consistence i'm considered a pro"

The dude has it all. His lines have substance, he has good transitions, multis, internal rhymes. I don't see what BIG has over him..If anything BIG has much better story telling skills and probably a way better freestyling ability. But not a lot of rappers are fuckin with AZ's pen game....

even Eminem pays homage to AZ

Real recognize real, and if ya'll dont fuck with AZ then its because you heard "Lifes A Bitch" and made your assumptions off that verse

The scary thing about AZ is that he's had 8-9 albums out and he only gets better with time.

Godbody
01-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Straight buggin if THIS dude isn't Top 5 or at least Top 10

Az - The Come Up - YouTube

Cmon son...I don't think ya'll are pickin up on his rhyme schemes...that might be what it be. I wasn't a big fan of AZ many years ago when I first heard of him..but after revisiting his shit...his pen game is impeccable

AZ-THE CALM (MUSIC VIDEO) CHASE MILLION ,QUIET MONEY , BLOCKHUSTLER FILMS - YouTube

Krhyme Killz
01-16-2012, 11:35 PM
saying slick shit and making ZERO impact on the game means absolutely nothing.

BIG shut Brooklyn down with his funeral...he reached all kinds of people...his impact is still felt 15 years later after having dropped only two albums.

this HAS to mean more than those few quotes and youtube links...

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
don't flatter yourself. Gurp Da God been a name i been tossin around since highschool...

but to matters at hand. No one gives a fuck about how much music you've listened to, you obviously know nothing about it. probably why u wanna go to full sail... AZ was platinum in the streets, aluminum in the charts. BIG was platinum. period.

Godbody
01-16-2012, 11:45 PM
See you don't even know the story behind AZ

AZ could've had mainstream success but he decided he was more comfortable making real music for the small amount of people that fucked with him. He didn't sell out like BIG did

Not only that.. AZ was never dropped from a label, he went independent

And still puts out quality shit for the ages, making a decent living. And that's all that matters. He's at peace with what he does and doesn't need all the flashy shit. He doesn't do beef, he doesn't do Hollywood. He drops albums where they'll be 1 or 2 features tops because he's not like everyone else that drops an album with like 5-10 features. That's how it used to be back in the day...you'd buy an Aaliyah album and you'd get Aaliyah. a few features here and there but what the fuck ever happened to buying an album to listen to 1 person, lol

His whole thing is "longevity"...See...you're not a New York cat...none of ya'll are, so I'll give you all passes...

I'm not either...but I go to NY alot, hell, I'm in NY 9 out of 24 hours of the day..so I meet all kinds of people..hip-hop enthusiasts, graffiti artists, ball players, etc etc...alot of them fuck with Nas and surprisingly, AZ too. Some listen to more AZ than I thought. the typical shit is for someone to be like "Oh yeah he dropped Life's A Bitch, or The Format" ...but nah, kids out in NY got their knowledge and respect for the greats

and that's how it should be. Before he was rappin he was actually out in the streets, crack cases, drugs..he beat a long bid..like this dude is really about it

he's not like most of these bums that say they're street and arent

Godbody
01-16-2012, 11:47 PM
don't flatter yourself. Gurp Da God been a name i been tossin around since highschool...

but to matters at hand. No one gives a fuck about how much music you've listened to, you obviously know nothing about it. probably why u wanna go to full sail... AZ was platinum in the streets, aluminum in the charts. BIG was platinum. period.

translation: Album sales determine skill

Fuck outta here son. You don't know what you're talking about if you're gonna go with that. & Hey....Who can vouch that you were throwin that around since highschool? Nobody....so yeah, daddy says hello

& magazines, websites, and even other mainstream rappers acknowledge AZ as one of the greatest. It's not like someone's opinion from LB is gonna change that when its your word vs Eminem's. lmao.

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 11:58 PM
translation: Album sales determine skill

Fuck outta here son. You don't know what you're talking about if you're gonna go with that. & Hey....Who can vouch that you were throwin that around since highschool? Nobody....so yeah, daddy says hello

& magazines, websites, and even other mainstream rappers acknowledge AZ as one of the greatest. It's not like someone's opinion from LB is gonna change that when its your word vs Eminem's. lmao.

Well the difference between me and you is, i listen to the music, you listen to the words... thats cool, watever ur into.

Eminem is a great lyricist but he's not that musical in my opinion. Em needed someone like proof or dre to add some funk/soul to his music and point his talents in the right direction. Look at what happened when they weren't around anymore.

but anyway it doesnt really matter, its all relative to what you vibe to. So you vibe to AZ. that tells me you're an intelligent dude but you're not very musical/don't have much rhythm. to each his own

SH1T L0RD
01-16-2012, 11:59 PM
and don't get me wrong. i fuck with az. but he's not on BIGs level... he's just not

AZ stick to the beat and spits his raw ass lyrics

Big bounces around the beat like it was composed to his lyrics

Ticket
01-17-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't get what the angle is here? is it trolling? AZ was cool... whats the big deal bro? u bored?

Ticket
01-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Would it be sac religious for me to say that Big and Pac have become a little overrated?

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Ticket They have. :/

Gurp Da God "Big bounces around the beat like it was composed to his lyrics "

^I was thinking this the other day.. not specifically about BIG, but about people writing in general. I've heard so many tracks where there's a beat, then there are lyrics on top of it. That's it. Not many people actually ride the beat as if the instrumental were tailor fitted for their lyrics. It sucks, because great tracks (with exceptionally great rhyme schemes) could be made if people paid attention to this.

If that didn't make sense, at least it did to me.

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Ticket not at all. people talk up pac and big so much that people never get a chance to figure out why THEY like them.

i love pac cause dude is like an orator. He preaches to the track but somehow never sounds too preachy and every word cuts the beat perfectly. Anytime i hear pacs voice come on a track i start vibing, just how it is

and like i said. Big bops around a beat with his voice like a jazz trumpet to an ensemble. I never really paid THAT much attention to how 'high tech' their lyrical content was.. i just saw them both as instruments, and in that sense they are unfuckwitable

Ticket
01-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Someone very talented said one time that they want their voice to be like an instrument with the music... as far as lyrics... I will always be a fan of lyrical shit... just not much of it these days... and what was considered "lyrical" back in 2000 or in 1995-7 isn't very complex these days. I feel like rap music has degraded and evolved all at the same time...

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Ticket Well, we're in the "swag" phase right now. Once that dies down, talent might hit the charts again.

remarK
01-17-2012, 12:22 AM
AZ is definitely a legend in my eyes and there is no reason to compare him to Biggie or anyone else for that matter. Biggie is also one of my favorites and I agree that his voice will never be matched on a mic.

Ticket
01-17-2012, 12:24 AM
As far as lyrical ability, mixed with content, and musical prowess.. I gotta go Lupe these days. Just one mans opinion tho..

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Ticket Agreed. Lupe, as far as lyricism, flow, storytelling or sending a message, and everything else that defines being good... he's heads & shoulders above most everybody. Easily.

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 12:29 AM
Phroxen what u got against swag?

Lil B breaking barriers for the hip hop community. Comin out with albums called "im gay"

discovering producers like clams casino. dudes paving roads. Sure, his music is terrible... but his icon is awesome

And i fuck with odd future, dudes mix acid jazz with hip hop. shits refreshing. And i fuck with Asap Rocky.. dudes spitting trill ass shit on spaced out west coast beats

i fuck with the majority of the "swag" phase

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Gurp Da God I had a big response typed out.. but then I got high and just said fuck it and erased it.

DooX
01-17-2012, 06:09 AM

you will never be able to restore that 'golden era'. Take an example of that song dont remember who sang it, it contains only "what the fuck" as its verse and hook. If you say that genre is not related to rap then just take any corny ass rapper out there that speaks only about getting head, getting money the shit makes me nauseous nowadays

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Gurp Da God I had a big response typed out.. but then I got high and just said fuck it and erased it.

So, you have no reason... your just hating

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
In the end, da God did end up dropping knowledge

FreezyCT
01-17-2012, 12:43 PM
And for clarity's sake. If you can't take K's opinon serious because he doesn't make "great music" then where the hell does that leave you? lol . No offence ofcourse.

close the thread

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Gurp Da God No.. I just realized that describing how worthless Lil B is wasn't worth my typing time. I decided to get high in that period of time instead of rant about how shitty he is.

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
But im actually very interested in why you think Lil B is shitty... He's like the thelonius monk of rap. Yea at first it sounds like shit and there is a million mistakes in its delivery but there are moments of brilliance in it. and when you find em you'll figure out why the rest of it is genius, even if it kills you to listen to it

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Gurp Da God So you're agreeing that he's horrible and has very very few shining moments, but since he has those you think he's deeper than he actually is? LMMFAO. First, no he doesn't have shining moments. His lyrics are MAD BASIC.. obviously I haven't listened to much of him because I think he's complete trash. But my friend loves him and we have this convo every time we meet. He makes me listen to his trash to see if I like any of it. However, he agrees that he's absolute trash.. but he likes him anyways because he's trash and he's sticking with it and making money and gobs of fans. If you also thought that, then I could see why you like him. Yeah, the dude has hella drive, confidence, and good mic presence for his kind of tracks (the kind you listen to when you're high on something).

But like I said, there are tons of other artists I'd rather listen to than him. He has zero lyrical content. Zero. And as far as listening to something just because it's chill or whatever.. I'd pick hundreds over him. He's pretty much the last thing I want to listen to.. hearing his tracks makes me feel dumber, just by association. He is on the top of zero categories other than being the worst rapper to gain a crazy fanbase.

I could rant on this forever.

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Dude, I mean REALLY?!?

Shitty Song #1 (800k views)

Shitty Song #2 (7m views)

I feel embarrassed even linking those under my name. He's absolute shit.

Top comment on the video with 7m views is "so bad its good..." That's the only reason people pay attention to this moron.

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Gurp Da God So you're agreeing that he's horrible and has very very few shining moments, but since he has those you think he's deeper than he actually is? LMMFAO. First, no he doesn't have shining moments. His lyrics are MAD BASIC.. obviously I haven't listened to much of him because I think he's complete trash. But my friend loves him and we have this convo every time we meet. He makes me listen to his trash to see if I like any of it. However, he agrees that he's absolute trash.. but he likes him anyways because he's trash and he's sticking with it and making money and gobs of fans. If you also thought that, then I could see why you like him. Yeah, the dude has hella drive, confidence, and good mic presence for his kind of tracks (the kind you listen to when you're high on something).

But like I said, there are tons of other artists I'd rather listen to than him. He has zero lyrical content. Zero. And as far as listening to something just because it's chill or whatever.. I'd pick hundreds over him. He's pretty much the last thing I want to listen to.. hearing his tracks makes me feel dumber, just by association. He is on the top of zero categories other than being the worst rapper to gain a crazy fanbase.

I could rant on this forever.

nah, i said at first glance its music for idiots with very few shining moments. But at second,third,forth.. fuck it probably your 150th glace it's a dude coming out of left field with a completely original style/flow/content look at an art form that was dying for some inovation.

fuck listening to someone who can do what pac/big/nas did... almost as good as pac/big/nas did it. I'd rather listen to people doin their own thing, and in that sense lil b is as real as it gets.

You've put a mental block on him because he doesnt rhyme like anyone else, and because your friend says he's tight and you disagree with him, and because you think you know shit about rap cause you sign onto this website and write text battles. Now don't get me wrong, i definitely don't listen to lil b on a regular basis.. but then again, i don't listen to much hip hop on a regular basis.

Shit even Lupe knows Lil B is the real d.. will you listen to Lupe?

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Lil B - R.I.P. The Rap Game(VIDEO)HARDER THEN D.O.R?!!!!!CLASSIC - YouTube

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 06:47 PM
and lil b killed joe budden

Lil B - T Shirts and Buddens (Joe Budden Diss) - YouTube

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 06:48 PM
i was just about to post that shit

joe budden joe booty wtf is yo name

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 06:49 PM
joe budden is nice as fuck though

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I'd rather listen to people doin their own thing

Yeah dude, so would I... but not someone whose "own thing" just means tehy're absolutely horrible at what they do. He's different, "coming outta left field", whatever you want to call it.. because he's fucking trash. Not because he's talented by any means. This is mindless nonsense, seriously. And to back him up just because he's "different" is fucking moronic. Moby was different when he came out and he's fucking trash too. The macarena was out of left field.. sure they had followers.. but it's garbage. To each their own, I guess.. but with what you've provided me.. you only like him because he's "different".. which translates into him being trash. I've put a "mental block" on him because he's horrible. I don't care who he rhymes like. His music has absolutely zero influence on anything I do.

you think you know shit about rap cause you sign onto this website and write text battles.... even Lupe knows Lil B is the real d.. will you listen to Lupe?

I know shit about rap because I've been listening to it my entire fucking life. And I've been writing/recording on and off since I was a teenager. I'm also insanely good with everything that has to do with English, grammar, or poetry. So when I look at someone's lyrics.. yes, I'd say I know what the fuck I'm talking about, and that kid is garbage.

Also, Lupe can like who Lupe likes.. if he likes Lil B then I'll have to disagree with him. Maybe he feels sorry for the kid or something.. or maybe he enjoys the fact that he's going outside of the box of a normal emcee and just spits wack lyrics on purpose because he knows he can get fans. Hell, I dunno. Whatever he's doing is working, so dude gets his money I'd assume. More power to him, but he'll never be a great emcee putting out the trash he has now that's for sure.

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Pronto_Banks LOLWHAT?!?

http://thecaptainsblogdotme.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jackie-chan-meme1.jpg

I hope those two tracks weren't supposed to be impressive or anything. Jesus Christ.. and Huey agrees with you, wow. I'm being trolled. You kids are fucking delirious.

IV
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Lil B - "Wonton Soup" [Music Video] - YouTube

Says it all. He's awful. He is fine as hell though.

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 08:31 PM
from pULSe saying AZ is top 5 to this dude Phroxen saying lil b isn't nice

yo phroxen link me to one of ur tracks

Lizman
01-17-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm So Very Sad That Pulse And Me Have The Exact Same Taste In Music
*Puts Gun In His Mouth (Only Time A Cock Was Pulled There)* BLAM!!!!
No Need To Party Over My Death Cause I Will Resurrect This Weekend

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM
@Gurp Da God

Both are several years old. New shit coming soon.

"Riddle" - like 5 years old.

"The Seance" - like 10 years old.

You going to compare me to Lil B or something? lmmfao.

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
i aint even gotta listen to yo tracks to know they aint good

cause of the way you introduced them lol

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
same old kill/rape/meticulous multi-syllable rhyme shit

lil b > phroxen

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Pronto_Banks lmao @ your arrogance, like I need your approval or something. I mentioned they're old because the shit I'm writing right now, in my eyes, is a lot better than what I could write when I was 17/22... still good tracks nonetheless. You keep doing your Drake/Weezy thing.. I'll stay on that Necro tip.. and the world will still spin.

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Gurp Da God lmmfao @ thinking Lil B is better than anyone. Literally, anyone. I can't describe how frustrating it is to argue about how absolutely talentless someone is.. when the dude I'm arguing with can't fucking see it. It's pathetic. It's like telling a Christian that you can't prove God exists, and they tell you to look at the bible. It's pointless. This whole thread is, lol. AZ isn't top 5 anywhere.. and Lil B isn't top anything, ever. To each their own.. but really.. if you see even an ounce of talent in that kid, you're so far past delusional there's no sense trying to tell you otherwise. /thread

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
the fact you just said you were trying to be like somebody proves you wack

nigga shutup i'ont rap shit like drake or wayne dont be mad i got style , swag, flavor , etc etc yo backpack too tight you nerdy lil bitch

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Pronto_Banks You're mad because it's true. You're a Drake/Weezy copy. Doesn't bother me.. I'll bump their shit in my car on occasion.. not gonna lie. I like your tracks in the same sense that I like theirs.. but don't go getting your panties in a bunch because someone notices it. It's plain as day.

Also, I never said I was trying to be like someone. I said I'll be on that "Necro tip". Yup, I love Necro's shit. Pure, unedited morbid gore. Love it. Before I even knew about Necro I was writing horrorcore shit, so discovering him makes him an influence to a style I was already using. So if his content can influence my creative demon.. hey, bring it on. If Weezy/Drake's "swag" influences you to be like them.. fuckin do it, I don't care. Don't just act like it doesn't exist though.

and lil b killed joe budden
If we're talking about who's being realistic... your post just summed that up for me. LMMFAO.

Student
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM
This LB Shit Has Got Y'all Gassed Up In Thinking Every Rapper Gotta Be Lyrically Insane Or Some Shit, Just Cause The Motherfuckers Mulit's Done Line Up "Just Right" You Guys Say He's Wack GTFO Story Telling & Emotion > Lyrically Complex Anyday. That's Why Canibus Is Nowhere Close To Eminem Even Doe They're "Lyrically" Across The Same Spectrum, Eminem Can Tell Stories And Relate To People With His Lyrics. Y'all Forgetting The SOUL Of Hip-Hop And Just Focusing If It "Looks" Good. Fuck Studying The Lyrics, Listen To The SONGS.

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
nigga fuck naw, i'ont even get on the type of beats drake & wayne get on

you just sound like a lil bitch lmao

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 09:41 PM
and u do that horrorcore fag shit

thats what lil emo pussy boys do go alotta bad thoughts in ya head cause you been bullied all yo life get yo weak ass outta here dude.

Ticket
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
LMfaooooo @ Ya'll sayin Lil B is nice lmfaooooooo.... thats a joke right?

SH1T L0RD
01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
This LB Shit Has Got Y'all Gassed Up In Thinking Every Rapper Gotta Be Lyrically Insane Or Some Shit, Just Cause The Motherfuckers Mulit's Done Line Up "Just Right" You Guys Say He's Wack GTFO Story Telling & Emotion > Lyrically Complex Anyday. That's Why Canibus Is Nowhere Close To Eminem Even Doe They're "Lyrically" Across The Same Spectrum, Eminem Can Tell Stories And Relate To People With His Lyrics. Y'all Forgetting The SOUL Of Hip-Hop And Just Focusing If It "Looks" Good. Fuck Studying The Lyrics, Listen To The SONGS.

hey look at that, student gets it

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
lol.. you're such a moron, Pronto. You make okay tracks, but really, you're a moron. This is like arguing with a child. You're so insecure it's pathetic.

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
nigga how am i insecure. you just 1'a them nerd muhfuckas that dont get pussy and sit at home all day and anylaze lyrics

i mean why the fuck am i arguing wit a muthafucka that did a 500 multi syllable lmao obviously you dont know music

Phroxen
01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Pronto_Banks You're mind-blowingly ignorant, childish and insecure.. all proven in that last post alone. ROFL @ you.

Also, if you're going to troll around on an online battle site all day, upgrade your grammar. It looks like you just rolled out of first grade in the projects. "anylaze?" LMFAO! That shit's not "cool" or "in".. it's fucking pathetic. In your case, before saying anything to anyone about what they can do with the English language, you should brush up on your basics and learn to fucking spell first. You've already proven to me you're an idiot. I'd stop while you're ahead before the rest of the site realizes it too. And as far as that Middle School attempted diss in your first line.. lol, fuck it. This seriously isn't worth anymore of my time.

obviously you dont know music
This coming from a guy who copies Weezy and hangs on Lil B's dick. Cool story, bro. Move along, let the adults speak.

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
i jus type i'ont backspace i'ont fix my grammer or typos cuz you understand wat im sayin dont'cha bitch?

my vocab is higher then yours
my intelligence is higher then yours

i dont gotta prove dat by postin on'a fourm , just listen to yo tracks then listen to mine

KingBankstou
01-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Lets Beef Track: Hunt3R - By: Pronto_Banks

ok. now post yours ,

Lizman
01-18-2012, 04:56 AM
Gurp Da God

Both are several years old. New shit coming soon.

"Riddle" - like 5 years old. (http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=1254724&q=hi&newref=1)

"The Seance" - like 10 years old. (http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=390776&q=hi&newref=1)

You going to compare me to Lil B or something? lmmfao.

Its Easy Now

B-F-M
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Pronto_Banks You're mind-blowingly ignorant, childish and insecure.. all proven in that last post alone. ROFL @ you.

Also, if you're going to troll around on an online battle site all day, upgrade your grammar. It looks like you just rolled out of first grade in the projects. "anylaze?" LMFAO! That shit's not "cool" or "in".. it's fucking pathetic. In your case, before saying anything to anyone about what they can do with the English language, you should brush up on your basics and learn to fucking spell first. You've already proven to me you're an idiot. I'd stop while you're ahead before the rest of the site realizes it too. And as far as that Middle School attempted diss in your first line.. lol, fuck it. This seriously isn't worth anymore of my time.

This coming from a guy who copies Weezy and hangs on Lil B's dick. Cool story, bro. Move along, let the adults speak.
Phroxen=Douche Bag...had me blocked since ive been on LB for unknown reasons?!