PDA

View Full Version : New battle idea

Adversity
01-16-2012, 10:44 AM
This is just a rough idea for a type of "scheme" battle but instead of having a specific rhyme scheme to follow like "KITTENS IN STOVES" (lmao wtf?).. you have a certain number of words you MUST USE. Here's an example. Let's say I'm battling Blocc in a text battle (8 lines). You could do this two ways. Either you could each send your opponent words from your choosing OR have an unbiased third party choose words for you. So lets do it like this.

Blocc vs. Adversity.. (Word chooser is STEELO).

Blocc's words by STEELO- fork, trombone, iodine, jumping jacks, bag pipes, icicles.

Adversity's words by STEELO- drum stick, bicycle, worm hole, scratch ticket, cookie, crickets.

Now hypothetically STEELO has selected 6 (could be any number) words both myself and Blocc must use in a text battle (8 lines/ 4 bars) and we will be judged on who uses ALL the words the most COMPLEX. I don't know, I think It'd be kind of neat to test out just wanted to get some feedback let me know what ya'll think. Respect. :high:

Capitalist
01-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Not sure if this would work as planned.. someone who can organize this perhaps can look into it then maybe consider it...

Adversity
01-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah that'd be cool.. it sort of reminds me of like freestyling and someone shouts out words you gotta flow with, but in text form.

B L O C C
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
its like an improv battle......and ty for the reference lol

Adversity
01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
lmao no problem.. yeah it'd be a cool tourney theme i bet, it sounds easy but if you're forced to use words in a text battle while making it flow and contain complexity, its definitely a good challenge

Johnny Hash
01-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I think this would be cool for audio, but the words would have to be randomly generated. This shows that the person is freestyling, not using pre-writ. Good idea though interested to to see how it turns out.