PDA

View Full Version : WOW Gary Speed R.I.P

Just C
11-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Wales boss Gary Speed has died aged 42

It has been announced that the 42-year-old former midfielder has passed away, with the police stating that there were "no suspicious circumstances" surrounding his death

http://u.goal.com/118900/118941hp2.jpg

The Football Association of Wales has announced that Gary Speed (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/wales/2033/gary-speed/national), the manager of the national team, has passed away at the age of 42.

The cause of death is yet to be confirmed, but Cheshire Police have made it known that there were no suspicious circumstances.

A statement from the Football Association of Wales reads: "The FAW are sad to announce the death of national team manager Gary Speed. We extend our sympathies and condolences to the family."

A Cheshire Police spokesman said: "At 7.08am this morning, Sunday, November 27, police were informed of an incident at Aldford Road, Huntington. Officers went to the scene where a 42-year-old man was found dead. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and next of kin have been informed."

Speed began his playing career with Leeds United in 1988, and made over 300 appearances for the club until he left to join Everton in 1996. He went on to play for Newcastle United and Bolton Wanderers before eventually ending his career at Sheffield United.

While at Bramall Lane, Speed - Wales' second highest capped player with 85 appearances - succeeded Kevin Blackwell as manager after a spell as assistant, before replacing John Toshack as Wales boss in December 2010.

Speed, who made the second highest number of appearances in the Premier League, won 50 per cent of his games in charge of the national team.

Revan
11-27-2011, 08:23 AM
The fuck?

Car accident?

Revan
11-27-2011, 08:25 AM
The former Leeds, Everton, Newcastle and Bolton midfielder was found hanged at his home in Chester this morning.

He hanged himself? The fuck is going on...

Just C
11-27-2011, 08:32 AM
WOW hanged himself? where did u get that from?. Cause I got this of GOAL website they said no suspicious circumstances. . I think i'd class that as suspicious. . From what I've read they make out as if he passed quietly in his sleep or something.

Rebz
11-27-2011, 08:34 AM
yea i heard he hung himself too...

Revan
11-27-2011, 08:40 AM
WOW hanged himself? where did u get that from?. Cause I got this of GOAL website they said no suspicious circumstances. . I think i'd class that as suspicious. . From what I've read they make out as if he passed quietly in his sleep or something.

Telegraph website. Looks legit. Dude committed suicide.

Just C
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
WOW. I'm listening to Talk Sport now. nobody's saying shit about him hanging himself. Either way though. No matter how he went. I'm genuinly gutted. I remember someone on here making a thread about "do celebrity deaths touch you" . I was like nah fuck that shit. But this shit's genuinly hit me. It's not like I'm even welsh. Well I am partly. but nothing enough for that to be a factor. I just remember watching this guy when I was growing up. He was like a Paul Scholes. not as teachnically good but the way he handled himself. always humble kept himself to himself and let his feet do the talking. Thats very rare these day's and he's so fucking young 42 man. he was just getting ready to push for the WC qualifiers with Wales too. . sad day man.

Revan
11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8918628/Wales-boss-Gary-Speed-found-dead.html

Just C
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Telegraph website. Looks legit. Dude committed suicide.

wow. . Thats all I can say. devistated.

RED MYST
11-27-2011, 04:28 PM
i was shocked to here this> i remember when he won the last league1 title wid leeds before da prem league started. a great player rip

Tek Notez
11-27-2011, 04:38 PM
he killed himself, IDGAF about him, if he didn't why would i care ???? smh

Just C
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
he killed himself, IDGAF about him, if he didn't why would i care ???? smh

Yeah well.... To some of us there is a nostalgic attachment to him nvm the fact he was so young and it came completely out of the blue.

Take that dumb shit somewhere else.

RED MYST
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Co sign. Just c on this
I remember seeing dude on tv in football magazines etc etc
This was a big shock n he will be missed

FreezyCT
11-28-2011, 10:35 AM
i never had the pleasure of watching him play, but from these reactions im sure it was something else...i agree with Just about that "celebrities death.." thread - i didnt really have an answer at the time because i couldnt relate...then that plane went down recently with that whole hockey team on it - killing all of them - and the same shit hit me...someone i watched and rooted for growing up is no longer with us...its a weird feeling, but may he RIP...my thoughts and prayers go out to his family

Anonymous Poet
11-28-2011, 10:48 AM
this is fucked up. Ive read from various sources that he commited suicide while others say that he just dropped dead and No one knows how he died.

If what RULE said is true we have two suicide attempts in a week. That German ref tried to kill himself by slittin his wrists and now Speed? Damn R.I.P