PDA

View Full Version : General Battle Bars Advice

Revan
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I get ALOT of people asking me so ima put out some general advice to hopefully answer most peoples queries in one go.

1. Irrelevant Personals

This is a simple one that many people disregard. Example "So Just C wouldnt flame on wax if...." No. Stop. If someone is general considered to be a good track maker then DONT make a line dissing his track making skills. Its irrelevant and generally makes the bar less hard hitting. I klnow this is one of the more difficult things to avoid but its true. Dont diss DaDDiOs concepts, or SWAVYs tracks or ReeFers swagga etc etc... Irrelevant personals = Basic punches.

2. That Doesnt Make Sense...

This one is simple. If your unsure about your wording, re-write the bar WITHOUT the caps and decorations and just READ IT! Bars should make grammatical sense. I know that given "street slang" our grammar is bound to be a little loose, just dont take the piss with it lol.

3. Nameplay

Oh lord... 90% of nameplay sucks. Its just sooo simple. I'll be "Over Rule" like a BAD LAWYER!!! blah blah fuckin-blah. You know how simple that shit is? I honestly think that the MAJORITY of battles nowdays have 6/8 bars of nameplay. Unless you coming fresh and clever just dont bother at all. I swear these are nameplays ive actually read from people recent... Vs SandMan - i'll "stomp on sand" like jogging on the beach!!! Come the fuck on... Vs AmbitiousFlow its "me over flow" like river bridges!! i will kill you... // Enough. Make it fresh. If it comes straight to you when you read there name... its played lol. Im not saying DONT USE NAMEPLAY... im just saying make it fresh and clever. Basic nameplay sucks, your better off just leaving the box blank.

4. Vague Is Complex?

No. Let me clarify. Complex = clever. Shit that makes you go "WOW!". Being vague is NOT being complex. Its being stupid. Its YOUR job as the writer to MAKE the reader understand. Obviously things will go over the heads of the more basic emcees, but if Jason, remarK etc etc cannot understand your bars then your solidly in the wrong. If a director makes a movie and you dont understand the story, the fault lies with the director. Same applies for lyrics. Be clever but dont expect people to have to sit for 30 minutes to breakdown your bars. Its a battle not a essay.

Just a few first tips n shit. But honestly this could help some of y'all massively imo.

1/

SWAVY
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
good thread rule def cuz u mentioned my trackz lmao

Revan
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
HA! real talk tho

Phracture
11-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Im Looking Like 'Rocky Ta' Rain' With Out a Grand Canyon View!!
( Example Of Dope Nameplay Lmfaoooo vs. Rain Matrix )

Rocky Ta Rain / Rocky Terrain

Mikey DeNiro
11-26-2011, 05:11 PM
shit likes thats dope^

Phracture
11-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank Ya , Thank Ya

Revan
11-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah thats the shit i like to see haha

Phracture
11-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Im Bout to Have a Bunch Of Dope 16s Tonight.... Artisan Prose , Omnii & Frankie Clipz .! Keep Ya Eyes Peel'd Showing Texters Everything TO DO when You Battling .

lllllllllllll
11-26-2011, 05:53 PM
i just noticed D's avy.....sick

Student
04-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Bumping this for a school lesson :D

Shodan
04-02-2019, 08:35 PM
A "school lesson" from a guy who writes concepts like (dan)Jer ballin' around / Gerbil in a Round is about as valuable as a degree from one of those for-profit online colleges.

Locchart
04-02-2019, 09:05 PM
A "school lesson" from a guy who writes concepts like (dan)Jer ballin' around / Gerbil in a Round is about as valuable as a degree from one of those for-profit online colleges.

LMAO

JayDiamondScarFace
04-23-2019, 12:12 AM
Yeah don't think about for alot :time just use your word dictionary pictionary in your head-mine and Wright what you feel comfortable with;sometimes it helps ttoo Wright a list of words ttoo use when you Wright your type battle

Rai
04-23-2019, 08:10 AM

Need a "Shodan's School Of Hard Knocks", edition.
Lol