PDA

View Full Version : Yall tellin me Wayne is dank...

Luke Eamiah
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
"We get fuck y’all money, how you want to play it?
That AK sleep on the side of my bed
That’s one eye closed, one eye open
Your cap get peeled like ibuprofen
I’m sick, I’m ill, I ain’t the nigga to f-ck with
This a crazy world and life is shorter than Bushwick
Young Money man we got this shit by a land slide
Boy I send them bloods at your ass like a tampon" - Lil Wayne

THAT IS NOT FUCKING DANK. NOT. No Bueno. He reuses every concept he has. His rhyming isn't great. I mean, c'mon... Arguments?

Luke Eamiah
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Not trying to question anyone's right to choose what they like... I'm just trying to figure out what you guys like about his music. :high:

AmBitiousFlow
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Mostly freestyle id say.....Not every sentence he spits is GREAT...If he actually sat down and wrote a verse...shit would be madness

Prose_
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
he doesnt really freestyle ALL that shit. he mostly does the whole... sit in the booth and think... spit some bars... pause... and repeat. but he is dope sometime. some of his concepts give ya chuckle listenin to em the first time. but hell... ur opinion.

AmBitiousFlow
11-23-2011, 05:53 PM
he doesnt really freestyle ALL that shit. he mostly does the whole... sit in the booth and think... spit some bars... pause... and repeat. but he is dope sometime. some of his concepts give ya chuckle listenin to em the first time. but hell... ur opinion.

that he does do..its all over youtube of how he in the studio....

Black Book
11-23-2011, 05:56 PM
He's got that catchy shit. I listen to him if I wanna just vibe. If you're listening to make you think, I suggest something else. His lines are simple to get so it's relaxing & you can just vibe. Like if you were listening to, let's say, Prince Ea, you really have to focus & think about his lines. With Wayne you can just let it come with no effort & vibe out. That's why I like some Weezy songs. Idk about others though.

JohnFloTrane
11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
I think wayne was a better rapper when he wasnt trying to sing and was in cash money with the big tymers and hotboys and was actually writing. He is just overrated and overplayed now.

How to Love was a good deep song but his singing killed it. His "rock" music is a disgrace to the genre.

DONT LIE THOUGH! If those lyrics were posted in an LB battle yall would all give it 5s and under.

Luke Eamiah
11-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I think wayne was a better rapper when he wasnt trying to sing and was in cash money with the big tymers and hotboys and was actually writing. He is just overrated and overplayed now.

How to Love was a good deep song but his singing killed it. His "rock" music is a disgrace to the genre.

DONT LIE THOUGH! If those lyrics were posted in an LB battle yall would all give it 5s and under.

That's what I've been trying to say... Then again, you can't really compare a songs lyrics to a battle rap's lyrics... See? These threads CAN be friendly.

JohnFloTrane
11-23-2011, 06:05 PM
He's got that catchy shit. I listen to him if I wanna just vibe. If you're listening to make you think, I suggest something else. His lines are simple to get so it's relaxing & you can just vibe. Like if you were listening to, let's say, Prince Ea, you really have to focus & think about his lines. With Wayne you can just let it come with no effort & vibe out. That's why I like some Weezy songs. Idk about others though.

Thats what i like about kendrick lamar. His song A.D.H.D has a great message against drugs and is very deep but he does it in a way that u could chill and vibe to it.

He also has songs like "Michael Jordan" that are just... stupid and have no meaning but make u feel good. But again he has a song called "P+P" which at first makes u think he just talking about getting drunk and getting some pussy but its not really about that.

(Since i know yall wont take the time to look up real music) here's the link to A.D.H.D. Kendrick Lamar - A.D.H.D - YouTube

Black Book
11-23-2011, 06:13 PM
Kendrick is a beast! I love Section.80, and anyone who hasn't listened to it should. Anyways, back on topic.
"Gorillas in suits
The holy war, the spiritual troops
Fighting over the mythical truth
Drowning in the political soup
They shoot missiles and nukes
Taking out such a pivotal group
The body count is the physical proof
And they thought drugs were killing the youth"
-Weezy. The ending of President Carter has a great message, & the whole song has some dope concepts in it.

Luke Eamiah
11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Kendrick is a beast! I love Section.80, and anyone who hasn't listened to it should. Anyways, back on topic.
"Gorillas in suits
The holy war, the spiritual troops
Fighting over the mythical truth
Drowning in the political soup
They shoot missiles and nukes
Taking out such a pivotal group
The body count is the physical proof
And they thought drugs were killing the youth"
-Weezy. The ending of President Carter has a great message, & the whole song has some dope concepts in it.

GOOD LYRICS... He just refuses to put time into his shit.

King John
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Wayne's a beast /thread

Just C
11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Waynes wank.

lllllllllllll
11-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Punk wants his FVC title :D

check his thread

BTD
11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
he use to be nice....but hes been wack for a while now

AmBitiousFlow
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Hes like any other famous millionaire....GOT HIS MONEY and QUIT TRYIN

NOBLE
11-23-2011, 10:37 PM
I think the appeal of Lil' Wayne is mostly in his style/"swag." It's not so much about how cold the lines are conceptually...it's more about how he says it on a beat.