PDA

View Full Version : Topical Championship FINAL! wigsplit Vs Rhetorik

Revan
10-25-2011, 04:59 AM
TOPICAL TOURNAMENT 2011 CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL!

wigsplit (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=875582) Vs RhetoriKal (http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/member.php?u=16361)

House Rules Apply. Any questions, contact me.

Line Length: 30-60 lines.

7-0 = KO or First to 10 Votes!!!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/i/2008/074/9/a/Random_reality_by_vimark.jpg

Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow
Vocabulary
Topic/Meaning
Storytelling/Progression
Emotion
Imagery
Poetic Techniques
Ending

GOOD LUCK

Wigsplit
10-25-2011, 05:06 AM
Checkkk Innnn. Good Luck Rhet!!!!!!!!!!

RhetoriK
10-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Checking in. Bring your a-game buddy.

Ill Phenom
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Congratz to both of you. Dope pic also.

Wigsplit
10-26-2011, 02:01 AM

Impossible's Impossible

Is this real? Are you reading something from my mind?
How would you feel, if I said your really blind?
Reality doesn't exist, nor hell or eternal bliss
So you dont have to worry about burning in the inferno's pits
You dont have to worry about anything at all
No restricting walls... You can walk before you crawl
Enter the open doors, no floors, it dont matter if you fall
It's just a sky for you to fly... Fuck Norton's law
Laugh at gravity! It couldn't sink the pyramids
That is Baffling! Shows how real it is!
Leave the past behind you, it's just footprints in the sand
Following your heart makes the difference in a man
You can take this world, and paint your own picture
Slaves can be kings! Kings can be jestures!
Yes sir! Just introduce the brush to the canvas
Paint a beast making peace! Make the moon dance with the planets
Put stars inside the ocean. Put still borns in motion
Put a cease to disease, brew up the magic potion
Lift your eyelids and see what you can do
Reach for the sky. Jump until your legs can't stand you
Make God say "Damn You!" Slap a fucking pimp
Make his hoe suck your dick, until the shits numb and limp
Give her a buck and dip. Go to Uranus and have sex with it
Have asshole babies with their necks all twisted
I'm just saying, you can do whatever you want
When your boundaries are limitless it's gonna get done
Knock a tornado out with a thunderous punch
Be the coldest motherfucker under the sun
Go to another planet and hunt scaley skinned aliens
Who sound like they huff helium, and guns aren't a big deal to them
They got mind powers, they'll make you spontaneously combust!
But your so slick with the shit with a swift slit they simatainously dump guts!
King of the motherfucking universe, riding a unicorn!
Never will see a hearse! Wearing a Stormtrooper uniform!
Fingerbang an extra-terrestrial bitch
Cop some extra special head, get your extra testicle licked
Space tricks on that professional sexual tip
With three tongues molesting your dick, she'll take the life outcha erection real quick
The neck is breath-taking, the domes out this world!
And the bitch is way easier than an earth girl
As you can see, impossible is nothing
Saying you can't is an unlogical assumption
There's plenty of open doors, pick one and walk through it
If you put your mind to it, why the fuck can't you do it?!?
Build a space time continuim and get on with the show
And if you die before you finish... Well, You'll never know!

RhetoriK
10-29-2011, 01:19 PM
"Theory Of Elevation"

((Ground Floor – The Beginning))
Was it love at the time, or a moment of passion? It was all “Pep See” My mental clarity was opaque with soda’s refraction. Us kids jumping on a bed, Our “Soles on a Mattress” Speechless intimacy, the hold-n-collapse had stolen my captions. My soul was on fire, she was holdin the matches. (Something’s not right) I went from confident, swollen amassed stiff; to frozen and gaspin. holdin a half-ripped Trojan in total synapses. A broken–filactic!? Trepidations in moment of panic!! In my mind thoughts rolled in a gambit. This might slow up my chances, goals and advancement.

((1st Floor – What the Hell?))
~
My Earth. Moon, and Stars, and Sky intertwined and distorted. Do we try in accordance with life or try the abortion? I realized from the morbid slides in my cortex that life is important. If I love myself then I will adore him!! I decided to forfeit and forward provide the resources. I “sucked at life, but somehow siphoned some morals!!” Steadily stipend for cash, but fightin for “more sense!!” My strife was a core sense, but sent heightened endorphins to 'Peer Amid' the Sands of time for the paper I'm telling you the 'Grind was Enormous'

(( 2nd Floor -Growing Pains))
~
Living in a little apartment; rips in my garments. A torn newspaper shy of being surrounded by illiterate garbage. I’m sick and I’m starving. Saved by the love in the crop! I suddenly stop to listen in awe when I hear her singing a song…to my unborn son. Man, my “pick” and my harvest!! No longer her Gentleman Caller; Gotta get that money right. I’m spinnin a job riddled with slobs; I focused on my work, finish it off, at the end of the day I’d relinquish it all. In hopes to one day frickin resolve it and be rid of it all quick. Walking through the sands of time, Iraqi style hoping to "land a mine" someday Feeling dead-alive, decayed cause this work is a cattle drive. It's lame, when's it my turn to "Crack a wild Cat-O-Nine?" Damnit my...(I needa chill it, I have a child...Nevermind)

((3rd Floor – Grinding Halt))
~
Little man sleeps through the night! Stars glisten on his skin like sequins in flight. Cover his feet (Ok.) He’s alright; worth being a couple minutes late to flee for a flight. I got the promotion I needed, 50% travel so I yearn to be closed to sweetness and holdin my seed just one more proposal then I’m home for the weekend. I get to my destination, do my thing, and leave to ovations. Another victory then (then a ringtone symphony) The message that was sent to me: “Get home quick, we should talk, catch the plane that’s quickest please!!” I “jet back to the crib” to see wifey’s holdin my kid. I console her and sit then tears start flowing and shit. What would roll from her lips put loll to stomach, intense!…Straight the pits. “See, there was a lightning storm the night before. Christ assured…there wasn’t a flinch or wince; Damnit! You think it shoulda hyped him more!?” I tried some more…Clapped, moved and he laughed, loomed facing away. I was frantic, true. Hadda to face it today. Our son might be deaf, whatever is next might “be for more or for less...”

((4th Floor – Understanding))
~
Doctors and tests, prodding the flesh. Audiologists make promises “Yes” but from Commodus’s breast. Audio Visual, cranium copied, its critical: 3 brain surgeries, 30 consultations, blessed w/no complications. Sloppy inpatient procedures to quick outpatient “Knock Em And Wait” bits. No common prevail, we honestly thought we had failed. (Shit.) The surgeries wouldn't work. His auditory nerves were too small, the procedures could have been prevented had we known all along. (The fuck!?) In my head I killed all involved. I put my shoe through the stall...in the bathroom. (What’d you do?) We stayed burning away at a “Wax Situation” to light his future. “Your son can sign to you sir (lol) so try to view words with eyes so lucid, yup, one day your son could be inclined as you sir” they told me...

((5th Floor - Elevation))
~
We bought sign language books, learned from tutors. He was always learning new words, new language means new courage. He incurred his mother’s will power and my intellect. We couldn’t wait to see what project he'd finish next...(Stop, Flash Forward) I reflect on the trials and tribulations. Miles of simulations; All the while the situations were wild…we truly faced them. (To myself) “ It's been a while since you've correlated the past w/ present. Remember that initial "Damnit" after conception? Well, damnit it measures as spec on the timeline, paling the most drastic of measures. Stand and just treasure your clan in a “reverence unheard” because this might have all along the planning from heaven” (My boys playin, carefree) I saw deaf child’s silent grace in a dark time and place, Light a shade to overturn a ‘negative’ with a sense of whiter space. A Panoramic wider take on my tunnel vision, and a smiling face to match the suns emissions…Wow, that was my “Mistake!?” I pray every night for God to double his dreams...Just to list of a couple of things. In my world "Elevation" is attained when God pulls a couple of strings...

...true story

Insuppressible
10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
Overall vote: Wig, nice topical ... I liked your approach to this. Compared to rhe's, you took a more it was def more comical. I def understimated your skills in the topical scene.
Rhe, This was a brilliant read. Fuck me, i was baffled. I couldn't believe how good it was lol... The difference between you and wig and the reason why rhe's gettin my vote, is that you have a way to actually paint a picture. Very descriptive and the reader is actually intrigued to read on. At not one stage did i not want to read on.

Vote, RhetoriK

All the best!

Insuppressible
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Lemme justify my vote a bit more....Wig, its not that your verse wasn't brilliant, it just didn't struck me as much as rhe's concept did

exZACHly
10-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Rhyming Scheme/Flow- Rhet edged this one with more syllable schemes that made the flow hit harder, Wig def had nice rhymes and flow too

Vocabulary- Rhet got this with the better vocab throughout

Topic/Meaning- Felt Wigs drop applied more to the picture so he took this cat

Storytelling/Progression- Storytelling was on point from both, liked Rhet's progression a little more though, so he edges this cat

Emotion- Both expressed alot of emotion, but felt Rhet's drop made his stand out a little more

Imagery- Both did a real good job making me visualize the lines...Tie

Poetic Techniques- Liked Wig's off the wall approach, and enjoyed the build up in Rhet's verse...Tie

Ending- Both had nice endings to their drops....Tie

MVGT: Rhet, Both drops were really nice and deserving of the Final, but i feel Rhet did better overall, def no h8...GB GL

Revan
10-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Rhyming Scheme/Flow: Not much in this catagory. Neither had bad flow, neither was particularly stand out tho. Got one edging this slightly - RhetoriKaL

Vocabulary: Another catagory without a stand out winner, i'd give the edge though to... Wigsplit.

Topic/Meaning: I just feel like one did ore with it here - RhetoriKaL.

Storytelling/Progression: Rhets was more an abstract piece, Wiggles got the story moving along. - Wigsplit.

Emotion: Felt Rhets piece was far more emotional. - RhetoriKaL.

Imagery: Gotta give the edge to... RheoriKaL.

Poetic Techniques: Again i feel like one just put more in. - RhetoriKaL.

Ending: Both had a nice payoff. - TIE.

MVGT: Dope final fellas, at the end of the day though i think one just went in, whilst the other didnt seem to have there usual standard here. - RhetoriKaL.

IV
10-30-2011, 10:50 AM
DOPE final... you both deserved to be in the final and did an amazing job here. I'm staying away from actually voting on this, but just a couple of comments..

Wiggles- loved every verse you've done in the tourny and this was no different, my favourite of yours was the cop piece you did in the semi finals but you didn't disappoint in the final, your abstract shit didn't hide your crazy american psycho side you like to bring to topicals hahaha. Your whole style is distinct, how you manage to bring such meaning and complexity into such short lines is beyond me.

RhetoriKal- i swear that shit could actually be published. Amazing read, so much emotion and meaning to your verse makes it one of the best topicals i've read. The story was so touching and you creating so much feeling in your verse made it possible for the reader to empathise. Each 'floor' had stand out lines that i genuinely.. don't know how the hell you come up with! Pure class.

Overall this final was HOF worthy, you both deserve to be in the finals and i wouldn't like to be a voter right now, because to compare two completely different styles and approaches almost seems.. unfair. But dope battle famly. Peaceeee

Anonymous Poet
10-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Both peeps had some nice fucking meaning. I liked Rhetorikal's idea with the different floors. Vocabulary was better from rhet and i think wig's flow was a tad better...

great battle but Rhet for me

Miqueas
10-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Jesus Christ... going to read both one more time before I drop my vote.

Back with a vote. I've read this battle going on the 4th time. Both had very clear concepts as to what they wanted to perceive, or have us perceive if you think about it. Wig, your entry is song worthy, I'd record it. Rhet, as Verity said, yours is very smooth flowing and more of a literature piece, I'd agree with the publishing suggestion. At the end of the day, although both had rare comparisons and completely different styles, Rhet edged it. Much love to both for a great final.

SWAVY
10-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Rhyming Scheme/Flow: both was exceptional but Rhet took it a step further, with carring the rhyme scheme longer which also complemented the flow. (RHET)

Vocabulary: this category was not as close as the rhyme scheme n flow, Rhet showed much more advanced vocabulary and was able to execute it well in his overall drop.(RHET)

Topic/Meaning: this one was a lil difficult for me cuz i was diggin how Rhet managed to elaborate an particular situation to support his topic sucking you into the topic even more however i was impressed by wig being open minded and creative wit his drop based on the topic leaving you wonder what will come next. (WIG)

Storytelling/Progression: both were clever here, but 1 was more 1 dementional in this area while the other expressed varitiy. (WIG)

Emotion: Well this is pretty clear to me (RHET)

Imagery: i think one took a further approach with makin dis work (RHET)

Poetic Techniques: Couldnt get more poetic than dis (RHET)

Ending: Its actually hard to say who had the better ending, being that both ended great based on their drop, so i cant conclude who took dis category. (TIE)

MVGT: Damn, i havent really paid much attention to topical b4, but u can bet i will now...im very impressed by both very clever concepts with topics but back to bizz...i was feelin both but 1 gotta win so i gotta go with (RHETORIKAL)

John Dos
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
I think Rhetorikal got this. I think his flow and rhyme schemes were killer. The imagery and emotion was there on both sides but I think Rhet's was more appealing. Both endings were solid. I'd say Rhet took that category too though.

I gotta go with Rhet on this one.

Wig's shit would make a dope ass track though.

Revan
11-01-2011, 05:50 AM
RhetoriKaL wins via 7-0 KO.

Hubert Cumberdale
07-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Bump for formatting.

RULE
01-04-2020, 06:30 PM
added

tbm