PDA

View Full Version : Topical Tournament Semi-Finals: Intricate_Skillz (loser) vs RhetoriKaL (winner)

Ill Phenom
10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
TOPICAL TOURNAMENT 2011 SEMI FINALS

Intricate_Skillz vs RhetoriKaL

House Rules Apply. Any questions, contact me or Ill Phenom.

CHECK INS ARE DUE THURSDAY (10-20-11) AT 11:59PM EST. VERSES ARE DUE SATURDAY (10-22-11) AT 11:59PM. EST. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Line Length: 20-60 lines.
First to 5 Votes.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/186/2/6/The_Scarecrow_by_DARKNIHILISM.jpg

Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow
Vocabulary
Topic/Meaning
Storytelling/Progression
Emotion
Imagery
Poetic Techniques
Ending

GOOD LUCK

ozark
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Checking in- goodluck homie

RhetoriK
10-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Checking in....good luck to you as well!!

ozark
10-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Is it 50 r 60 line max this round- the pm said 60

ozark
10-19-2011, 12:28 AM
sick shit fammo

ozark
10-22-2011, 10:46 AM
"MY EYES AS THE SCARECROWS"

The wind whispers softly, through a field of wry wheat, as summer falls,
Swifter rows of clouds, roll amidst the dry heat, as thunder calls,
But over gods bellows, i lye here, under caws,
I see drifters, flying free, as a storm of midnight presence,
They circle around like thoughts, as if bound through mid flight essence,
I see the world move aside, from the flatulant breeze,
Surrounded by shame, in doubt of my masculine tease,
The crows claws dig deep,**as they perch firm, mocking my being,
The birds words, are sharp as talons, as they pierce beneathe this heartless sheath,
Visions of my birth occurs, and suddenly its hard to breathe,
I was born of fodder, and latchkey dreams,
A black potatoe sack hat, over loose leaf strings,
This post is my crucifix, my place of seclusion,
This life is an antonym of fear, my makers state of delusion,

"MY LIFE AS THE SCARECROWS"

Like the scarecrow,I am alone and confined
The wind is my conscience, and the wheat is my mind,
Covered by clouds of chaos, as two worlds in-twined,
Rain soaked memories, greater than rivers combined,
I am secluded to four walls, window tears look out to a oceans pain,
Held captive like he, to a field of open grain,
Like His post, my crucifix is this king sized abandon,
I was born of father, to be left alone and abandoned,
I dont speake, though i seek comfort in the passer byes,
The crows are my peers, though their words cut deeper, with rasher cries,
No fear bestowed, though i stand for something,*
They tell me i am an acronym for ian, for I Am Nothing,
He *neglects the birds, and protects the harvest grain,
I neglect my peers, and yet, im left to harbor pain,
*This job holds faults, as the world haults,Is there justice in my worth,
I whisper to god, tell me, what purpose do i serve,*
Cuz at days end, I KNOW, this work is for the birds,
I AM THE SCARECROW

ozark
10-22-2011, 10:52 AM
good luck fam, i experienced a bit of writers block lol...

RhetoriK
10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Well done. I'll have a reply submitted this afternoon.

RhetoriK
10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/186/2/6/The_Scarecrow_by_DARKNIHILISM.jpg

"Said the Crow to the Sparrow"

The atmosphere was a Kadinsky impression. The scenery can’t be described but quotable as a stroke of genius like Divinci's reflection. The sky manifested as if it was painted on. Wavy, soft...Rustic tint set in. Pastels lavish presence projected. The scarecrow stands in guard upon his sector. A pawn in his projecture. Brolic texture to his presence "child of the corn" but his soul has left him. Leaves flirt with wind and it plays them off to graze the soft earth. From the West: "Summer" morning breezes whisper soliloquies. From the East: Autumn evening skies arise…The collaboration is blissful. Skyward flashes run across the clouds like thistles and you could stand still to find yourself "trippin" off the images ((The sun further diminishes)) One from the right, one from the left. Tired from flight, two birds look for rest. Elysian Fields of yellow wave them happily home like Air Traffic Control. They angle down to their destination; the shoulders of the aforesaid scarecrow. Their respite waiting; Simultaneous landings can’t be indicative of anything good. Fiery glances between two species are enough to burn down the cross of wood. A quarrel breaks out only to be interrupted by the scarecrow itself “What’s Good?” Astonished at the monstrous inanimate object; what was then was standing solemn, has now called them by moniker. ((Welcome Sparrow and Crow.. I’ve been yearning “conscience” for so long. Sing me your songs, my heart throngs for a “tale” but wings will do)) Taken back with an evasive flap of wings the birds…listen in calm, ears lulled in like a lethal dose of ether that burns. A lingering feeling that either in turn, might not leave with their freedom concerned, they take a position at opposite ends of the Scarecrow’s deceiving stern to learn…more secrets. The birds beak derogatory sentences back forth. Who’s more entitled to score a place to snore? The pace the floor with faces toward each other as if they’d raised their swords. They reach to grapple. The Scarecrow loudly clears his Adams apple baffled ((Look, let me analyze the situation.)) Sheesh! Are they Seeking Shelter in the Belly of a sinister, mysterious beast? Or crying on the shoulder of a esoteric, villainous leech? They sit willin to listen to his premonitions and visions, in existentialism. Unbeknownst to them his knowing intention is everything that existentialism isn't. This hollow man relic with a stature of solemn angelic presence has a silhouette that's pretty damn dev'lish from a bird's perspective. Nonetheless the birds need protection... A phallic intermission…he sizes up "indicative" premises of both intuitions and existences ((Hmm…Straight and narrow,)) States the Scarecrow. ((Your flight is of the same pattern, but different sides of same tracks'n landed at the same time and just passin...Actually! I see the common denominator to this fraction!)) He speaks in laughs and cackles in a Sapphic stanza dancin in the wind baskin. ((Directions inevitably cross, definitions lost; Two birds of a feather tethered once more, then...never again, lost)) Only "severed by a background" like the landscape, a "wide angle" like a camera with the optic lens off ((Listen "Sparrow flocks with the wrong birds, Crow doesn't sound "black enough" On a telephone line Sparrow doesn't 'spare rows', but a Crow only requires half as much...Sparrows stay in friendly territory, as a result they only know half as much. Crows stay "on the wire" info tapped, that's why they laugh so much! The worm in sparrows beak mocks the surface acceptance that "scares crow’s feet" They "move opposite beat trying to cop" enough to eat, it's bleak, it's meek! Rain or sleet with a distinct instinct of survival only for the elite! Sometimes in war the sparrow crows, other times in captivity the crow sings.)) See, the scale is Libra hung.. the sequel and the prequel have equal-equilibrium. I guess, its all how you perceive it, or believe it umm..)) *Lightning strikes* The night sky cloaks and daggers in a wicked attempt to deceive the sun. Both birds prepare to flee at once. Agreed they’ve seen a bad dream of proportions from the anomalous. In a honest rush they also realize the lesson learned, intellect just surged. They were the culprits who gave life to the judgmental words of that tepid scourge. If they stayed, hatred would eat em up. Indeed a rough draft of what seems as much as greed, mistrust; they’d simply seen enough. Was all in their mind because [[If birds are a scarecrow’s conscience, then who is he to judge?]] Said the two birds [[On the cross we will leave digust and never re-construct this freak disgust. I won’t fly to heaven fueled by this demons touch.]] The epiphany apparent the Scarecrow has just done his job well, they continue on to their destinations amazed of what they just saw ~Hell~

Good luck to all. DPS!!

ozark
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Well done my good sirrr- this is a good topical spar- fit for the semi's

Wigsplit
10-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow- Tie, both flowed with it very good, smooth as fuck
Vocabulary- RhetoriKaL, He is a mothafuckin human dictionary lol. Skillz didnt slack either, but Rhet's crazy with the vocab
Topic/Meaning- RhetoriKaL, overall, his had a very deep meaning to it. Skillz was deep too, but Rhet just edged it for me, almost a tie
Storytelling/Progression- RhetoriKaL, He just outdone himself, Great start, and he kept the momentum all the way to the finish. Again, Skillz didnt slack in this department, Rhet just went the fuck in
Emotion- Tie, this one was even through my eyes, great emotion from both sides
Imagery- RhetoriKaL, he did an awesome job at putting this together. Painted it up beautifully. Skillz did fantastic too, but Rhet's with the length of Rhets, he fit a lot more into it.
Poetic Techniques- Tie, both very poetic.
Ending- RhetoriKal, a greatending to it, like I said, it started off great, and it ended smooth as fuck, no questions to ask. Again, Skillz didnt dissappoint me at all, if he had put as much into it as Rhet, he could've took it imo. But Rhet really went in imo.

MVGT- RhetoriKaL, he had an amazing topical, on some professional author type shit. The visuals and the vocab, how it flowed together, it was all great. Skillz had an awesome topical, I really liked it, nothing dissapointed. Rhet took it tho. Great battle, impressive stuff. Good Luck to you both.

Just C
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Aight, I'm a keep it short and sweet.

Voting Rubix
Rhyming Scheme/Flow Intricate: Easier read. Rhets was a wall of text
Vocabulary Rhetorik: I dare anyone to say otherwise. wasn't even close.
Topic/Meaning Rhetorik:
Storytelling/Progression Intricate: More to to the point.
Emotion Intricate: I felt more attatched to Int's verse.
Imagery Intricate: The wordy nature of Rhets verse killed the imagry.
Poetic Techniques Rhetorik: Hands down
Ending Rhetorik:

Why you have 8 catigorys I don't know. Should be an Odd number to help find a winner.

So I'm a do it like this. The main cats each person took.

Topic/Meaning Rhetorik:
Ending Rhetorik:
Poetic Techniques Rhetorik:

Storytelling/Progression Intricate:
Imagery Intricate:

V/Rhetorik

IV
10-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Rhyming Scheme/Flow
Vocabulary- RhetoriKal. Skillz you were kind of repetitive and simple at times, although that went with your verse, Rhet had mad vocab
Topic/Meaning- Tie. Loved each meaning went really well with the picture.
Storytelling/Progression- RhetoriKal. Clear start, middle and end. Skillz i liked your meaning but to me there wasn't much of a story.
Emotion- Skillz, mad emotion was really feelin' it..
Imagery- Tie. IMO imagery is the hardest thing to get across in the topicals, you both did a good job.
Poetic Techniques- Skillz. Easier read, simple but went well with the whole verse, Rhet.. was a bit hard to read at times, but both had immaculate flow
Ending- Rhet had the clearer ending imo.

MVGT- RhetoriKal. It's a tough one, both so different and loved them both. Alot of emotion in both verses you both killed it... Skillz your verse was real nice, i loved the whole meaning and had some real stand out lines, but Rhet was on a whole new level on this a lot of work clearly went into it. Could go either way and you both deserve to be in the semi finals so well done!!

Revan
10-23-2011, 02:48 AM
Rhetorikal wins via KO.

ozark
10-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Lol they werent doing kos the last rounds- lol- thats wat ill phe said- it was firstto 5- pulled the plug on me- nah he won- good shit rhe

Hubert Cumberdale
07-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Bump for formatting.

RULE
01-05-2020, 04:44 AM
added

tbm