PDA

View Full Version : Letsbeef Newspaper #3

Xander
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Welcome, viewers to Volume 3 of the letsbeef newspaper! In this edition, we are going to be covering the current Tournaments happening, The Olympics, the Basic Text Tournament that is about to come and Bodybag League II: Winter Edition. We also have interviews with some Mods, Ill Phenom, and Mikey DeNiro ... also, with the first super mod, Mayneak!

Emcee of the Month:
An ex-moderator and a long time vet on the site, HVK has been voted for the emcee of the month! Congratulations!

Letsbeef artists have been making mixtapes for a while now, some dope, some bombed. I caught up with a person making these mixtapes...
Now, we know that as artists we are always elevating, FreezyCT made a very good point of that, in his new mixtape...

This is your second mixtape now, any information on it?

My new mixtape "Always Elevate 2" dropped last friday, 9/30/2011. Its available on a few mixtape sites but by the end of the week it should be up on most, if not all sites.

What can we expect different from this one, then from the last one?

The main difference between this tape and my previous one (Getting From A 2 B), or any other for that matter, is the content. I stepped out of my comfort zone and really pushed my limits to see what i was capable of. I tackled previous setbacks (no original beats, no hooks, lack of complete songs) to give you the best of me (tiny plug lol).

I feel like i had some expectations growing from the success of my last mixtape and i really put in on myself to deliver. Now i kno what youre thinking, "success?, what success?". My first mixtape was released with no publicity, no promotion, nothing - i basically threw it out there for the hell of it, lacking all the necessary knowledge and tactics that go into proper promotion. I think the tape got like 8 downloads - which surpassed my expectations completely. The second one however, came close to 50 downloads - again, no real promotion or publicity. Now i know numbers dont mean anything, but the downloads are really the only way i can tell if im reaching people outside of my social network. I put alot of work into promoting myself and trying to raise awareness (lack of a better word). So the expectations are high for this one.

Anyone you’d like to give a shoutout/ callout too?

I want to give a big shoutout to everyone who helped make this project possible. Mani Mula, DMullz, Dosage - the whole MAM movement, my boy J-Spizzy, my boy Prestige (fucking monster), my TTND team, my subHERBians, and most importantly, everyone who continues to support my along my journey. Its not easy, so you need to know how much i appreciate it. Thank you - and go download my tape!!

Now, we all know about the new moderators..Ill Phenom, RhetoriKaL, Speechless Mikey DeNiro and Anonymity, I had a chance to catch up with a few of them...

Ill Phenom
Is there any one you would nominate for emcee of the month? (since September 15th)

That's a hard question TBH. So much has went on from the site since then. From people doing tournaments, leagues, us new mods, there are plenty of cats like Mind Fuck, Grizz, and Almighty that are shining in the text game. Some good tracks have came out from members. Freezy and Huey has there mixtapes coming out. I feel the activity has picked up quite a bit over this time. Way to many people in the running for me to nominate one single person. As a whole, I believe the site is getting a lot better, though.

You've been a respected artist on this site for some time now, how do you feel about the mod spot you gained?

To Be Honest, I was very surprised about it. Just one day out of the blue I was asked to be a moderator job. It's great too. I like helping out the site in the best way I can. I feel that I can definitely help with some improvements of this site and that I will do my job as a mod. efficiently, as will the other moderators that were highered.

How do you feel about Jason and Ticket getting their mod spots back?

I completely agree with that. We had a poll on this between the mods and I said they both should come back. I know the way the old moderators lost their jobs was a bit harsh, just logging on one day and it's all gone for them. I feel that they did a very good job while they were moderators and given the opportunity for them to come back it was well deserved.

Are you planning to qualify for the tournament, next month?

Yes, I am planning on qualifying for the tournament, next month and to do some damage in it. I def. have some stuff in my word pad waiting, I've been working on it. I want to make up for what happened last tournament.

People say that Ill Phenom is suited for the spot, some disagree, but as it stands, it's staying thaty way....

Also, the new super mod, Mayneak, agreed to do an interview.

Your the first supermod on the site, what is the difference between a supermod and an Admin?

A Super Mod is basically the same as been an Admin (without all the technical issues/codes). I have numerous different perks from my time been a Mod. Although i rarely use the AdminCP lol.

Why do you think you deserved this job?

I've been around since '06. Activity has never really been an issue, I always seem to log on here, even if its for an hour a day lol. I feel i've carried out my Mod duties accordingly & handled any issue members have brought to my attention. I've hit up an endless amounts of battles with possibly the fairest vote on each occasion. I've done quite a bit of work behind the scenes, in terms of bringing fresh ideas to the table to help improve the site & Its features.

Are you planning on doing anything different then when you were a mod? Seeing as you got this promotion.

Im gonna continue doing what I've doing since i became Mod. Since my promotion, of course if there's an issue a Mod can't handle, & I can, then i'll be sure to help out. I'll also try to push a few ideas & suggestions that a majority of staff/members want implemented.

Mikey DeNiro...

As the newest mod for the site, what are your plans?

Well First I Plan To Clear Up All These Title Requests.. Basically do My Primary Job.. Second, I Have An Idea I'm Trying to Get Into Effect. Basically I'll Give you a Sneak Peak On It... I'm Trying to make it where Crews will be able to Receive Awards. Not Individuals The Actual Crew Page Will Receive Awards Near The Name Of The Crew.. For Crew Battles And So Forth. I really Want the Crew Section Back And Running How it Used To Be. With That I Think People Won't Be Crew Hopping As Much Since They Would Have Worked really Hard On Getting Their Crew Notorized Through Awards. Thats My Primary Idea I'm Trying To See Can Get Put Into Effect. Also Coming Up With New Awards For Instance I Came Up With the Number One Of The Month Award and Made The Layout, and The Staff Made a Few Changes To It.. And Basically Help Wherever I Can. One I Forgot Is I've Been Workig Hard Trying to get New People Into The forums So There Isn't the Same People Everyday. With That Said If Your Reading This. FORUMS ARE NOT GOING TO BE THE HOME PAGE!!! so Help The Fuck Out ... You See a New Account, Direct Them To The Forums Let'm Learn From Us. Its The only Way.

What can you say about what is yet to come on the site?

Honestly Man. We've Taken In To Consideration Alot Of Ideas That Yall Have Put Down. We're Workig On Everything, Especially With All The Staff Changes You Can See We're Becoming Much More Organized and More Active Than Ever. I Basically Gave Yall The Little Idea I was Working On, Don't Want To Let Yall In On Anything Because We Don't Know Whats Actually Possible But Just Know That Things Are Looking Up.

Anyone you looking to take out during the tournament?

Haha, yea man... Any Of These People, Rule, HVK, Rican, any of those cats are on my hitlist if their anywhere near my brackets.. but i'd definitely also like to keep one of these battles for the finals it'd definitely be a memorable ass Battle Win Or Loss.

Any callouts/ shoutouts?

Yea Shout Outs To DaDDiO on this 32 he just sent me..
Pugz/Miqueas For The Help theu Gave/are giving.. Me With My Music Shit...
My Dude SPADE ( spade.bandcamp.com ) has a Mixtape Out With The Hustle Hard Remix Featuring me.
And Everyone Look Out For My Mixtape Coming Sometime Soon
And Shout Out To Stobbart #YellowShirtSwag

Tournaments -----
So as it stands right now, the Olympics has reached a close, with Ill Phenom beating out exZACHly in the finals! The ROTY tournament is nearly over, in the semi-final round, while -Mr SPLAT- takes on Frankie Clipz and exZACHly takes on H3art-N-S0UL... the BodyBag League II is still looking for contestants, for the 128 people....AND it is sniping season, being tourney qualification month, so keep your sniper rifles aimed, folks!

I caught up with the champion of Bodybag League 1, Dissizit aka Almighty_, here is the interview.

So, for quite sometime now you've been on this site, as it stands right now, your in the ROTY tournament, the champion of the original Bodybag League only a few months ago, so the question arises, are you planning on entering the basic text tournament in November?

Im Def Tryin to Qualify For the Tourney I Got Some Bars Up My Sleeve Tryna Be that Grand Champ So I Can Get the Love I Deserve Bar Wise .

Your also enrolled in Bodybag League II: Winter Edition, who do you predict will win?

Yeah Im Back In for Part II So Its Only Right I Think I'll Win But Its Alot Of Dope Textcee In So Who Knows, As Long As It No No-Show It'll Be Great All Around

Is there anyone you would like to callout/ shoutout?

STOBBART , HVK & Dosage (Are On My List) lol.. S/O To the Rhetorik & Costello & The Whole Sucka Free Movement !

The Olympics winner, Ill Phenom has certainly earned it. A mod spot, a champion, what is in store for, what some people would consider a vet?

I know that Phenom has been here a while, and most def has things looking up to him on this site. Who knows what is too come, maybe another supermod? Maybe grand champion only time will tell, as this ever-growing artist, continues his growth.

On a side note, I honestly think that rewarding people for sniping is an awful idea. The vets who are doing their thiiiiing but only post like 5 battles a month deserve to be rewarded, instead of those assholes who do 50 snipes a month, go 50-0 and then expect respect, and especially when they vote just because their rifle is permanent, and not just loaded during sniping season

..that was the rant of the day..

........................................FVC ....... DPS .......... :high:

J-Nesio
10-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Very Nice read and well structured..
Props!

PurFekShun
10-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Good read fam...

SuperNegro
10-14-2011, 12:26 AM
After I retired I took my black ass to sleep, once I awoke the next day I was proud of myself
I had a commitment to distant myself from a virtual world and a character that I had created. Letsbeef
Aint a good look for a real rapper anyway. I decided I would spend my day working for my uncle at his
carwash, I left with about 40 dollars I made about 15 Dollars selling c.ds and got 25 from my cheap ass
uncle I had tips but me and my dudes went in on some
Weed, It makes the day go by faster and I like getting high. After work niggas was talkin bout goin to
Peabody’s Down Under or to Club Earth. it was Saturday, the only day I could get in becuz im under age
but I still said no because I was dirty from work and I wasn’t in the mood anyway I wanted to start
looking for a beat for that oxy song. I tried to get a ride back to Willoughby where my sister stays (home I guess) but I couldn’t
so I got a ride to my nigga phame house around the corner in east Cleveland. East Cleveland is dirty as
fuck and its about the only place in Cleveland where u can find prostitutes. I wouldn’t fuck but I wish I
could pimp one of them hoes. Phame is my nigga I can stay at his house forever his girl
is ugly as fuck and he know it, and he got a baby by her too. Most niggas my age got a baby or a felony
niggas give me praise for having neither. its Crazy how they think babies and felonies are ideal right? I was never into crime anyway hand cuffs and cages makes me
feel like a slave or a monkey. I don’t have a baby because I like head more than fucking, its not to many
hoes in east Cleveland I would fuck they might have aids. So I spent the next couple days over there
going back and forth to the carwash and chilling in the Hood not hiding at all. Sometimes I did regret
the shit I said when I retired. But fuck it, at that moment that’s what I felt. A lot of people would
consider me as a Bitch ass Nigga for disbanding Distinct but I convinced myself that it was in my best
Interest. And it was the only way I could get enough hate from distinct to make me not wanna spend my
time on a computer rapping with lames. So the time I would have spent being Imagination I guess I can use it
to finish writing my book or looking for a job. Either way fuck them if they making tracks with me its
because they’re not shit because I’m positive that I’m not shit. What’s funny is that when I decided I
would retire it was no bad blood between me and stot. I just knew it was time to live by the rules.
The rules: the rules are passed down from the older generation to the youth, a few simple rules
Creates a mentality to increase your chances of survival.
One of the rules I always heard from an old head or from a gangsta movie is Show no Love.
Old head: an ass old nigga
And I understand why, The point is I showed distinct to much love and it was about time to be a real nigga.
Real nigga: the opposite of a bitch nigga

Nothing against distinct besides the fact that I was only a member(not even a captain lol) of a FUCKING VIRTUAL RAP GROUP.
So I chalked that nigga Stot , before I started typing this I saw a comment where he said I was bitting
lyrics. But i like to think of it as stealing that makes me feel tougher. Its not like I wouldn’t beat the fuck
out of him and strat and just take it. so whatever, if I ever do something with the song he can see me in
court, if he can show up. Letsbeef is still pussy, who ever created letsbeef is pussy and doesn’t know shit
about hip-hop. Have you ever asked yourself why Letsbeef titles cities as “hoods”? Sounds like some racist shit to me. And why the fuck does Letsbeef reward you with a virtual chain or a head scarf?
Because that’s what they think about hip-hop, a bunch of niggas with chains and scarfs.LOL no hate.
They wont delete my account and its not because they’re on my dick. Its because once I blow up they
wanna put my
black ass in they’re little hall of fame like Real talk. Like I said before letsbeef doesn’t give a fuck about that
nigga. Delete my account LB you don’t own me anymore. Set me free!!!We’ll im back at my sister’s
house bouta go watch 8mile and it feels good not being Imagination I’m thinking of a new alias.
And I still got big dreams

Mikey DeNiro
10-14-2011, 01:24 AM
alrighty then.^^

AfterThought
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Interesting read here, well done. :high:

Eye G
10-14-2011, 08:12 AM
yea interesting read ...

AfterThought
10-14-2011, 08:27 AM
You should ask a mod to get this sticky'd. :high:

Tek Notez
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM
change that black color of mikeys answers. i have to select it so i can read it.

:high:

Xander
10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I can read it perfectly fine, but yeah, I should do that.

Rican
10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
The color is mhmh. But OVer all Nice

GRizzEAT
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Ur Wifes on-top of me :D

RhetoriK
10-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Well done Xan. I enjoyed the read.

FreezyCT
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
nicely done and well set-up man...thank you for the opportunity to be in the artist section, i appreciate that...bumping this!

Mayneak
10-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Also, the new super mod, Mayneak, agreed to do an interview.

Your the first supermod on the site, what is the difference between a supermod and an Admin?

A Super Mod is basically the same as been an Admin (without all the technical issues/codes). I have numerous different perks from my time been a Mod. Although i rarely use the AdminCP lol.

Why do you think you deserved this job?

I've been around since '06. Activity has never really been an issue, I always seem to log on here, even if its for an hour a day lol. I feel i've carried out my Mod duties accordingly & handled any issue members have brought to my attention. I've hit up an endless amounts of battles with possibly the fairest vote on each occasion. I've done quite a bit of work behind the scenes, in terms of bringing fresh ideas to the table to help improve the site & Its features.

Are you planning on doing anything different then when you were a mod? Seeing as you got this promotion.

Im gonna continue doing what I've doing since i became Mod. Since my promotion, of course if there's an issue a Mod can't handle, & I can, then i'll be sure to help out. I'll also try to push a few ideas & suggestions that a majority of staff/members want implemented.

Only part i read tbh...lol nah, good read overall man...:high:

AfterThought
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Someone should sticky this seriously. :high:

Rican
10-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Mayneak, 06?????????

Xander
10-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Sticky this, lol....:high:

Ra¡n Matrix
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
What mod is gonna Sticky a thread that nobody read?

besides jus tuco who couldnt rap his way out of a paper bag

Johnny Q
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I think most of LB is literate.

Xander
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
^^^^ ......Great sig.

TIED2
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
This Newspaper Is nice, I think you should make a graphic design for it and a easy place where It can be viewed...

Phracture
10-15-2011, 12:46 PM
This Newspaper Is nice, I think you should make a graphic design for it and a easy place where It can be viewed...

Goood Idea .

Xander
10-15-2011, 01:09 PM
That is a gooood idea..lol.