PDA

View Full Version : Voting Idea

Capitalist
09-30-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I feel the top rated and "respected heads" on this site contain some of the most overrated rappers you'll ever encounter. I think so much swaying goes on. I think people just vote for people just by looking at there rank. I feel people vote for people and base there decision on by who they talk to or know more. I feel it causes a hell of a lot of undeserved losses and it seems as if the favorite always wins..

The voting standard to me should contain a manditory vote on categories like we have already, although manditory.

You should be able to select who can and cant vote.. Example: 501 all time and more can not vote.. to keep the votes educated.. Noobs seem to vote for who ever is more respected + higher ranked.

Something needs to be done, similar to this.. I feel some people on here are so overrated it's not even funny.

THERE SHOULD ALSO BE A SECTION FOR COMPLETED BATTLES THAT YOU FEEL YOU LOST UNDESERVABLY.. CERTAIN PEOPLE SHOULD LEAD THIS SECTION AND BE ABLE TO RE-RANK YOUR BATTLE OTHER-WISE.. FOR EX: LOSING TO A DICKRIDING NOOB.

Pugz
09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Before we go revamping the voting system.. We are going to reinstate the Fair Voting Club where members have earned the right to be so through voting realistically on battles.. These members will have higher voting power... in theory if enough are on board the situation should resolve...

Just C
09-30-2011, 10:46 PM
You cant demand who can vote and who can't based off rank:

What you can do though is put in place an OPTION for when you make a battle, to say for example.

Must have atleast 100 posts to vote

Must have atleast 200 posts to vote

Must have atleast 300 posts to vote

And so on and so forth

And this will show up when the person goes to accept it.

They can either accept or decline.

K Rizzy
09-30-2011, 11:02 PM
as far as voting i think each battle should be read individually that way you have no excuse not read the battle..and i say that because

alot of people look at the battle see one structure better then the other an what i mean by that is this(alot of PEOPLE TYPE like this IN THEIR BATTLE to show there multis an punches...when in other cases people who just start out or have a diff flow may be completely diff.) but you would never know that because ur use to seeing top rappers type in one way and one way only.

also this was posted in the other thread to hide comments..i agree hid comments unless they are crew members because even though you cant see who has been voted for until you vote people skim threw comments read and sway to just pick who ever name the see talked about the most.

with that being done i think alot of that would solve DR and buddy voting and hate voting etc. and it gives you a chance to have your battle read

MAN DOWN
09-30-2011, 11:04 PM
You cant demand who can vote and who can't based off rank:

What you can do though is put in place an OPTION for when you make a battle, to say for example.

Must have atleast 100 posts to vote

Must have atleast 200 posts to vote

Must have atleast 300 posts to vote

And so on and so forth

And this will show up when the person goes to accept it.

They can either accept or decline.

^I like this....i'll write the script for it if u want.:high:

Capitalist
09-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Or set the battle page up in a way for when it's opened not to allow a person to vote until 120 seconds at least have passed since the time they opened the battle link.. Therefore it would be annoying for a person just voting for credits and would promote a battle being read.

K Rizzy
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
THERE SHOULD ALSO BE A SECTION FOR COMPLETED BATTLES THAT YOU FEEL YOU LOST UNDESERVABLY.. CERTAIN PEOPLE SHOULD LEAD THIS SECTION AND BE ABLE TO RE-RANK YOUR BATTLE OTHER-WISE.. FOR EX: LOSING TO A DICKRIDING NOOB.

explain that cuz i feel like that could be something half way decent almost like a second chance?

although it would have to be legit proven its DR bc i can also see that being taken advantage of

Capitalist
09-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Make a section for this where only 3 chosen people can determine if the battle you lost when you deserved to win can be flipped so you get the win.. Dickriding/Noob votes etc.. provenn.. for example, throw 3 major heads in this category.. such as Mayneak, Rule, and Ill Phenom etc..

K Rizzy
09-30-2011, 11:24 PM
word i like that idea its just the fact of them actually having time to do it

exZACHly
10-01-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I feel the top rated and "respected heads" on this site contain some of the most overrated rappers you'll ever encounter. I think so much swaying goes on. I think people just vote for people just by looking at there rank. I feel people vote for people and base there decision on by who they talk to or know more. I feel it causes a hell of a lot of undeserved losses and it seems as if the favorite always wins..

The voting standard to me should contain a manditory vote on categories like we have already, although manditory.

You should be able to select who can and cant vote.. Example: 501 all time and more can not vote.. to keep the votes educated.. Noobs seem to vote for who ever is more respected + higher ranked.

Something needs to be done, similar to this.. I feel some people on here are so overrated it's not even funny.

Popularity will always have a SLIGHT edge....Some ppl are just stupid voters in the sense they would vote like that, some ppl it seems are just scared to vote against the best (Keyword SEEMS) Top 500 only allowed to vote?? Who the hell says they are the best voters? Sometimes it's the exact opposite, but as far as those buddy voters and DR's, they eventually get noticed and their VP gets dropped and alot of those votes don't even count...So in the end it doesn't even matter(lmao Linkin Park just got Bit) But yeah FVC as Pugz mentioned, will help these situations and it's always an option to hit up a Mod if you feel a battle seems shaky, even if it's not your own battle

Capitalist
10-01-2011, 03:06 PM
No No I didn't want it like top 500 can vote.. It was an example, like you should some way or some how be able to prevent people from voting on battles with out going through the trouble of abusing the block option.. I say that ONCE YOU OPEN THE BATTLE PAGE, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO VOTE UNTIL 120 SECONDS (AT LEAST) HAVE PASSED.. THIS WILL MAKE IT ANNOYING FOR PEOPLE JUST VOTING FOR CREDITS AND WILL INFLUENCE BATTLES BEING READ.

exZACHly
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
I see what you're saying, i just don't think anybody should be prevented from voting, if they vote dumb or just hating on you....they'll lose their VP so let em hang themselves lol....Def agree with 2nd part, maybe like have to wait 5 mins after opening a battle (i'll admit i've voted faster than 5 mins on some battles, but i actually still read the 8's or listened to the 1 min drops, some battles are just a little easier to judge) but this would prevent those who dont take the time, might not make them listen or read still, but will at least make them wait