PDA

View Full Version : A challenge to Pugz

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 12:59 AM
So every once and a while I decide to refrain from my usual shit around here and make a serious post on this forum. This will be my once and a while.

I have a challenge for Pugz.

No, it's not related to Unethical.

Honestly, I don't really even know when Pugz took over. I"ve been inactive for a while and just came back the other day.

Regardless of such, I have a challenge for Pugz.

The challenge is to lead. I've been on this fucking site since 2007, and I'm well aware of the problems this site faces. Spammers, hate voters, dickryders, multi accounts, biters and the whatnot.

Despite what you may or may not think, these issues aren't endemic on the site. There are people, lots of people here in the forums who not only don't participate in these actions but truly want to change the culture of this site.

The main problem here is that we've never organized ourselves well enough to do it.

I don't want to make this about X, because I don't have anything against him, it's just that....at times he was distant. There were many, many times that there was a problem or an idea that we had where we were simply to told to "wait from a reply from X" I remember not having a tournament for like a year. I remember when Mindless and HVK were the only active mods on the site. I remember when when we modded like 6 people only to see half of them never come back on a regular basis.

Being the fucking boss of this shit, you have the power to change this motherfucker like nobody else here. Use it. Please. Truth is, we crave for a leader. We crave for a number one around here. We crave somebody who can come up and fix this place the way it's needed fixed for a while.

I don't just mean "add more tournaments" or "more emcee upgrades plz," I mean a fucking culture change. I mean this culture of cheating and bullshit on this site. The culture of dickryding, getting offended by anything under a 7, and "fv, vb."

Honestly, start here in the forum. There are a lot of willing human resources around here, and at some base level we still set the tone for the site.

I realize nobody will probably read this thread, but in case somebody other than Pugz does, I'd really like to turn this into a sort of brainstorm session for users ideas on how to help the site.

I'll start.

I think the forums need redone. I don't just mean by upgrading VB, but by changing the layout as a whole. There are a lot of forums that don't really get used, and it can be really easy to miss important announcements or other information around here. Really, it's to the point where only the text lounge gets used around here.

That's really all I have to say for now.

FiNAL WoRD
09-26-2011, 01:37 AM
its the truth, even audio heads use the text lounge... shit needs to be shortneded up... we dont need 2093423-984 catagories

exZACHly
09-26-2011, 01:42 AM
Some ideas i've suggested and other people have that sound good

1) Remove the Completed Battles list in Audio and Text, and either make a list for Battles with 0,1, or 2 votes or Make a longer Latest battles list(i know you can just search through them all) but having more up would be better, that or anything but battles that are already over

2) Lower VP for new members, Anyone who posts an 8 gets same VP as well respected voters?? Some people deserve it, and others will lose theirs eventually, just with so many it becomes a problem (Granted that would be alot of work for the staff, but so is lowering VP...Correct?)

3) Clear out the Credits back to like, let's say 15 each month(or at least one time maybe) Would possibly increase voting activity...I don't vote much when i dont have a battle open, but there would be more a "neccessity" to vote esp for the more active battlers ( Downside is if not enough battles go up, would be harder to get the credits....but theres enough battles that go up, so prob wouldn't be a problem) This idea might not even help, but it's just a suggestion

4) Change 1,2,3.....9 10 rating system to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3......9.8, 9.9......This doesn't sound like much work, and votes would be a little more accurate. It's another change that isn't needed, but why not, right? lol

5) Show who voted for who AFTER the battles closes, would be easier for members to see hate voters and DR votes and help out the staff (They do a great job spotting them already and ppl usually report the suspicious ones themselves, but might as well be open for everybody to see them after the battle ends)

6) Hide comments on battles to non-crew members and the 2 battlers themselves, until after they vote on the battle, some ppl just prob go by what other ppl are saying in some cases, and this would avoid swaying a little ( Drawback is not being able to spot the "fv gb" guys, but theres a min character change coming into effect i believe, even then we wouldnt see dumb expos, but Mods are usually on that...and we could just hit them up as we do now, when shady ones get dropped)

Just a few thoughts...Don't know how much work would be required to change these things and some ideas might not be that good or even help, but just some suggestions

-Jibberish
09-26-2011, 04:00 AM
dont wipe the credits i almost got 1100 of those bitches

Luke Eamiah
09-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Beautiful post, Ad. Nice to see site regular members stepping up in attempt to make progress on a situation that is well out of the admin and moderators hands..

Mindless
09-26-2011, 05:08 AM
bump for great justice

Luke Eamiah
09-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Mindless being a good mod^^^^ This is far beyond petty joking, reg member shit. This is a serious issue and I'm glad to see Mindless taking time to confront it.. Fags and talk shit about me dick riding if they want, but this is what this site needs and we all know it.

Revan
09-26-2011, 05:17 AM
I don't just mean "add more tournaments" or "more emcee upgrades plz," I mean a fucking culture change. I mean this culture of cheating and bullshit on this site. The culture of dickryding, getting offended by anything under a 7, and "fv, vb."

http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100657

^The start has been made to improve this, although it WILL be a slow, long road to it.

I think the forums need redone. I don't just mean by upgrading VB, but by changing the layout as a whole. There are a lot of forums that don't really get used, and it can be really easy to miss important announcements or other information around here. Really, it's to the point where only the text lounge gets used around here.

Yeah i deffly agree with this.

Lizman
09-26-2011, 07:55 AM
dont wipe the credits i almost got 1100 of those bitches

That Is Somewhat Impossible
And Hurray For The Text Lounge

Dae Walker
09-26-2011, 08:44 AM
i know this sounds like a bad answer.. but considering the amount of battles that do happen on LB it might be beneficial to add some more mod.'s to the staff roster for specifically just looking at votes and deleting the "fv, vb" type of ones.

start giving out warning to those who vote like that, and if they keep it up then take away their voting privileges.

i know other sites have "systems" where if some one signs up, but already has an account on the site staff gets notified almost right away.. you could confront them, if the other account is just mad old and they forgot about it, you could A. give them the p-word for it, or B. merge the two accounts together.

just a couple idea's, i know there kinda limited, but there idea's none-the-less.

Xander
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
The problem is, no one is listening to the "Realistic Voting" thread...I've seen 10's an 9's on battles...that, honestly, don't deserve to be there...:high: I've been following up on this....

BUT, I think what we need, is to replace the dead weight on the site, replace the Video section..there hasn't been a battle in there for a year, now. I think they should remove video, and add a topical section, where, alot like the "advanced voting" feature, you HAVE TO vote on certain categories.....:high:

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Some ideas i've suggested and other people have that sound good

1) Remove the Completed Battles list in Audio and Text, and either make a list for Battles with 0,1, or 2 votes or Make a longer Latest battles list(i know you can just search through them all) but having more up would be better, that or anything but battles that are already over

2) Lower VP for new members, Anyone who posts an 8 gets same VP as well respected voters?? Some people deserve it, and others will lose theirs eventually, just with so many it becomes a problem (Granted that would be alot of work for the staff, but so is lowering VP...Correct?)

3) Clear out the Credits back to like, let's say 15 each month(or at least one time maybe) Would possibly increase voting activity...I don't vote much when i dont have a battle open, but there would be more a "neccessity" to vote esp for the more active battlers ( Downside is if not enough battles go up, would be harder to get the credits....but theres enough battles that go up, so prob wouldn't be a problem) This idea might not even help, but it's just a suggestion

4) Change 1,2,3.....9 10 rating system to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3......9.8, 9.9......This doesn't sound like much work, and votes would be a little more accurate. It's another change that isn't needed, but why not, right? lol

5) Show who voted for who AFTER the battles closes, would be easier for members to see hate voters and DR votes and help out the staff (They do a great job spotting them already and ppl usually report the suspicious ones themselves, but might as well be open for everybody to see them after the battle ends)

6) Hide comments on battles to non-crew members and the 2 battlers themselves, until after they vote on the battle, some ppl just prob go by what other ppl are saying in some cases, and this would avoid swaying a little ( Drawback is not being able to spot the "fv gb" guys, but theres a min character change coming into effect i believe, even then we wouldnt see dumb expos, but Mods are usually on that...and we could just hit them up as we do now, when shady ones get dropped)

Just a few thoughts...Don't know how much work would be required to change these things and some ideas might not be that good or even help, but just some suggestions

I really like that last idea. I think that VP is usually raised for people around here, so compared to us new members have effectively lowered VP.

Honestly, I'd like to see a sort of moratorium on VP for new members untill they're either around for a certain length of time or complete a certain number of battles.

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
i know this sounds like a bad answer.. but considering the amount of battles that do happen on LB it might be beneficial to add some more mod.'s to the staff roster for specifically just looking at votes and deleting the "fv, vb" type of ones.

start giving out warning to those who vote like that, and if they keep it up then take away their voting privileges.

i know other sites have "systems" where if some one signs up, but already has an account on the site staff gets notified almost right away.. you could confront them, if the other account is just mad old and they forgot about it, you could A. give them the p-word for it, or B. merge the two accounts together.

just a couple idea's, i know there kinda limited, but there idea's none-the-less.

I would absolutley support more mods, or more types of user moderation.

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
The problem is, no one is listening to the "Realistic Voting" thread...I've seen 10's an 9's on battles...that, honestly, don't deserve to be there...:high: I've been following up on this....

BUT, I think what we need, is to replace the dead weight on the site, replace the Video section..there hasn't been a battle in there for a year, now. I think they should remove video, and add a topical section, where, alot like the "advanced voting" feature, you HAVE TO vote on certain categories.....:high:

One of the fundamental problems on this site is that 90% of the people on here don't realize that that thread, or the forums as a whole exist. I think that channeling people to the forum is a huge thing in the future.

Anonymous Poet
09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Or we can just not show the votes to the battlers..like in tourneys.

If all battles are like that then people wont dickride as much as they wont be able to see if they are winning or losing

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 10:52 AM
If you want an easy, easy case study on what's wrong with the forums, look at the Real Talk nomination thread.

That should be much bigger news than it is, but it's buried in a never-used forum and I'd guess a lot of people around here don't even know about it.

Just C
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
It's in every forum. And thats kinda ironic, considering...

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
On the crappy "announcement" that nobody ever looks at.

Just C
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
You clearly didn't say that the first time round.

Louie Dawgs
09-26-2011, 11:12 AM
That's because I never even noticed it there. I saw it looking through the "site news and updates" forum. Yes, I actually do browse it.

Just C
09-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Well it got it's responses so obviously quite a few people seen it

RhetoriK
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I mentioned adding at least a chat flag for the HOF announcements to the admins.

Mindless
09-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I know I would normally write out a huge post here explaining my view on things and giving a bunch of metaphors and parables and stuff but I'm getting old and I just don't have the energy anymore tbh. Hell, half the time it's a struggle to get a joke out but that's besides the point. Here's the deal:

We, meaning the mods and myself, have the responsibility of taking care of the site and making sure that fair policies are made and enforced. It's up to the community itself to decide what kind of culture the site has and we can only influence that so much. It's up to you guys if you want a drastic change in the culture of the site. Sure we can ban people left and right but all that's going to do is make us look like draconian assholes. You guys need to make the effort to let people know what is and isn't going to fly around here as well by being extremely hostile towards those who don't fit that mold. Complacency by the userbase is what made our culture what it is today. Revolution by the userbase is the only thing that's going to change it.

J-Nesio
09-30-2011, 12:30 AM
wake me up when the site DOES get Poppin again..

Ticket
09-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Problem with these ideas is that someone has to actually do the work. And I don't believe Pugz does programming. Its quite simple, it is going to require either an investment in time or in money or both, I'm not sure anyone is in the position to offer that at this point. Its a shame too because there is a long way to go up from down here.

Mr-Felon
09-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Honestly the site has died off somewhat but i dont think its the way the site looks or anything its just that People are busy as hell these days and dont have time to fully concentrate on this site and sometimes too much change is bad look at what happened to Myspace.If it isnt broken dont fix it.As far as the votes and multy account voting it will be too hard to TOTALLY stop all of that.As far as changing Lbs look etc if so i wouldnt change it much.I remember the "New LB"they tried awhile back i believe flopped now its hiphop.com or some ish cant remember what they changed the name too.The reason the sites dead(ish)is because of the people not the "look"of the site Get People excited to be here and it wont be dead.......but again we as "real people" have lives/jobs/school/social lives so we only invest part time here its not like we are getting payed to Rap/Battle if we did im sure theres be alot more here doing so

BENSON THA GREAT
09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
agree with felon ..... but i also think its just the shift in mentality on this site...everyone is so caught up with the one minute battles and the text side that the real true track makers bounced.... and the days of the muliple strong crews beefin are pretty much over.... noones steppin up with the big track war beefs nomore...that shit made people keep coming to the site cuz of the curiosity of how things was being played out.... didnt matter if u was the dopest rapper or the worse rapper u was in the track section running ur gums and droppin diss tracks...smh those days are finished..... and to be honest...most on here are way tooo friendly..... the old schoolers still have that mentality... like ticket , felon, just c, skitt , and so on the list.... the new school cats are waaaay to friendly in my opinion..lol just saying ...

Anonymity
09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
I <3 u benson

BENSON THA GREAT
09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
I <3 u benson

hahahahha see what im saying lol :D

Anonymity
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Haha.. Just had 2 do it :)

Pugz
09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Okay ill give you guys the scoop... Like you all X/V/Myself and our 2 programmers all have full time jobs (matter of fact i have 2) and we devote what time we CAN to this site... If you guys are looking for quick fixes its not going to happen... We currently have a tracking system that has all new ideas/bugs/features in a to-do list and are constantly adding and working on them when we can.. For now the site serves its purpose... all the bonus stuff is slowly being worked on..

Despite what you may think.. LB has only been going upwards in terms of traffic/participation etc since its inception... You may not see it but we can... So best advice i have for all of you is to just continue to use LB and be patient for the upgrades... believe me 60 - 75% of ideas that have come to me we already have up in tracker to be done.. (remember we are not a gigantic web developing company that works on their sites 24/7... like you we have lives :D)

Capitalist
09-30-2011, 06:03 PM
I believe the amount of categories should be shortened. To keep activity in tat section, in my opinion, I suggest having a moderator for each category like some forum sites have. A moderator in each category would keep the activity high in my eyes.. The moderator would only have to focus on maintaining the one category they were assigned too which means they would be able to keep it clean, active, and a great part of the website.. I agree with Xander when he says videos should be switched to topical.. BARELY ANYBODY HAS AGREED OR DISAGREED TO MY ARCADE IDEA I feel an arcade would keep the activity HIGHHHH.. I also think vote power should go by how many battles you completed or people should be given a reputation bar.. 20 Rep Points= 1VP 50=2VP 75=3VP etc..

Pugz
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Im going to create a "Ideas" thread for you guys to post your ideas for the site and we will do our best to try to incorporate them into LetsBeef

Pugz
09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
here a link to it.. http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=505 its under "Support" forums

Mindless
10-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I believe the amount of categories should be shortened. To keep activity in tat section, in my opinion, I suggest having a moderator for each category like some forum sites have. A moderator in each category would keep the activity high in my eyes.. The moderator would only have to focus on maintaining the one category they were assigned too which means they would be able to keep it clean, active, and a great part of the website..

I think we could merge some stuff together probably but other than that I think the board is pretty much good.

I agree with Xander when he says videos should be switched to topical..

No. We shouldn't sacrifice one type of battling for another that could potentially be just as ignored. I do however think we could do a trial run of limited video battling in the basic arena to see how it does there.

BARELY ANYBODY HAS AGREED OR DISAGREED TO MY ARCADE IDEA I feel an arcade would keep the activity HIGHHHH..

I disagree. I don't think it would do all that much tbh. It might get a good bit of activity at first but in the end it would probably die off from lack of interest when the "newness" wore off.

I also think vote power should go by how many battles you completed or people should be given a reputation bar.. 20 Rep Points= 1VP 50=2VP 75=3VP etc..

I'm fine with a seperate forum rep system but tying it in to voting would be negligent at best because the amount of dick riding and buddy bullshit would get absolutely redonkulous. Users shouldn't be able to know what their own or what any body else's VP is either. Trust me when I say that it would only lead to more stupidity and people making new accounts every time their VP got "too low."

Rican
10-12-2011, 10:10 PM
the whole . thing lol

Student
10-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm Feeling The Whole Ideas Board, We're Pretty Much Deciding Yes Or No To Things, We Should Probably Put Polls Just In Case Only One Guy Wants An Idea To Happen And Everyone Else Is Like Nah...PLUS Don't Get Too Greedy Lol Some Things Just CAN'T Be Done, I'm Pretty Sure Pugz Isn't Like Fuck LB I'm Just Getting This $$ From Those Nerds, He's Actually Putting In MAD Work In Front And Behind The Scenes. Y'all Need To Chill A Lil Bit Sometimes Lol