PDA

View Full Version : Any of you rappers know a good practice routine 4 rapping????for a young rapper

TheMarksmandopebea
09-20-2011, 02:38 AM
My little cousin is 13 wanting to rap and has always had a speech problem he has fortunately overcome a little bit . he trys to ask other rappers for help bt they pick on him
i need just a few small steps you guys used when you started

FreezyCT
09-20-2011, 10:20 AM
first - stop relying on other ppl...it sounds mean but its the main thing i can say...the more you rely on others for their help/support/whatever, the less control you have...if you want to do this, then do it - take iniative and educate yourself on mixing techniques, proper mic setup, ect...next - practice...practice some more...and then practice some more...sense a common theme?...without practice, you will never improve because YOU will never see your flaws...its easy to have someone tell you wher you lack - its another to pick up on it yourself/see it for yourself...and lastly - stay humble...no one wants to deal with someone who thinks their gods gift to music...regardless of whatever other ppl are saying, stay humble

Menta Yakk
09-20-2011, 10:47 AM
yo i can teach him to freestyle good tellin him one good thing if he has a decent vocabulary, n knows rhythem, pm me

Krypton
09-21-2011, 02:08 AM
For a 13 year old, the easiest solution I'd say would be text battle. There's absolutely no pressure, instead you amazingly learn everything from intense multiples, flow, creativity, similes, metaphors, vocabulary, to punchlines. You learn how to incorporate it all in an easy way also, because it's purely typing, and nothing vocal, which is important for someone young that age. Text battling is kind of like the walking before running, so I believe this would easily suffice his goals.

Mindstate
09-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Text gives someone a feel of their writing style, and from there, you can generate a sound really. I've always built my texts on my actual audio style and went from there. Tell him, to take both positive and negitive criticism and build from it. That's what the best do.