PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Voting

Miqueas
09-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Well guys, its the Admin with the name people can't pronounce correctly dropping a post regarding battle & track ratings.

As the scroll down list shows 1 = Awful, 5 = Mediocre, 10 = Amazing.
(anything in between the aforementioned numbers are up to listeners discretion)

First and foremost, I want to encourage REALISTIC votes. There's only so many 10's on this site, if something needs work like delivery, or tone of voice, or even better pronunciation, the 10 that was just given, should be in the 5 to 9 area. 10 in theory means "perfect" and that doesn't exist, this goes for tracks as well. In a honest manner, would you rather be a disillusioned 10 or a ever progressing 8?

Secondly, the lower tier rankings, should not be abused. We expect to see these given out on battles where one participant may not have properly recorded their verse or didn't follow battle instructions if they were given.

Everyone, these ratings affect everything here, whether it be battles (audio & text) or tracks. It's only logical to say that a battle with a missing participant doesn't belong on the top battles list. It's only logical to say that a track where the quality needs improvement can't be a number 1 to a radio ready track.

As a staff member and former top 5 battler on this site, I implore you to keep honesty and reality present when handing out these ratings. They play MAJOR roles in statistics, and will be changed if things aren't measuring up to expectations. Let's take this opportunity to add another building block to our community and continue on.

SIDENOTE: With regards to "hate" voting in comparison to reasonable and opinionated votes, let us, the staff, deal with that.

Pugz
09-20-2011, 01:43 AM
We are taking the humble approach in this and encouraging you all to vote responsibly on your own... No one wants a radical change in our voting system when it can be resolved by you, the users of LetsBeef.com... Keep it real.. Keep it fair..

Just C
09-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Thread is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Mayneak
09-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Co-sign Errrbuddy...:high:

Plushy
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM
100! Thats real

Student
09-20-2011, 02:19 AM
I Agree, If I Suck Please Let Me Know I'd Love To Change But If People Keep Saying I'm Dope I'm Obviously Going To Stay With What I'm Doing. I've Gotten Much Undeserved 10's In My Day And Y'all Need To Be Real. Seriously, I Don't Deserve All These Medals <---.

Sixshots
09-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Thanks Boss Man

Tain
09-20-2011, 03:20 AM
good lookin! I have seen to many 5 an 6 ratings for clear drops. Anyone jumpin on the mic and holdin their own for a minute deserves better then a 5 in my opinion. The bad drops gotta stand out. As for the 10 rating, theirs been to many so lets make it like it was meant to be, a 10 being a eye opening drop that made u lean forward.....letsbeef!

kedafi pro
09-20-2011, 03:23 AM
yeah I agree 100%

Skitt_Blazin
09-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Def a goodlook on the voting side of things, hope this helps out the site...

FreezyCT
09-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I Agree, If I Suck Please Let Me Know I'd Love To Change But If People Keep Saying I'm Dope I'm Obviously Going To Stay With What I'm Doing. I've Gotten Much Undeserved 10's In My Day And Y'all Need To Be Real. Seriously, I Don't Deserve All These Medals <---.

lol, obviously you think you do because you applied for them :rolleyes:

on a serious note, i agree 100%

Haz
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
i agree.. i admit sometimes i give ppl 10's when they dont deserve it.. i got ya.

CSKiLLz
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Well its about time the admins make a thread on this shit. Also u need to work on the pming bullshit to.

exZACHly
09-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Yep i do this too often...I went from reading some decent bars in text, to seeing some really dope bars in Text, to ppl actually having music on here....so i was diming up tracks left and right, since you posted last thread i haven't done so as much....Would be alot better if it were a 1.0, 1.1, 1.2....9.7, 9.8, 9.9 rating scale though....Usually just round up and give benefit of the doubt, but i'll be a little more harsh with the ratings, esp on Tracks

Lizman
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I've Given RULE A 10 Twice, Ever
And One Was For His Cypher

Menta Yakk
09-21-2011, 11:09 AM
fair voting would b nice i beat man in the mirror whos ranked 17 of all time somehow it was obvious wins and no one voted its rediculous, then i send him a private battle n he wont even accept it. wtf

Haz
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Yep i do this too often...I went from reading some decent bars in text, to seeing some really dope bars in Text, to ppl actually having music on here....so i was diming up tracks left and right, since you posted last thread i haven't done so as much....Would be alot better if it were a 1.0, 1.1, 1.2....9.7, 9.8, 9.9 rating scale though....Usually just round up and give benefit of the doubt, but i'll be a little more harsh with the ratings, esp on Tracks

agree on the scale thing.

Óðinn
09-21-2011, 03:10 PM
[B]Well guys, its the [COLOR="Red"]Admin with the name people can't pronounce correctly dropping a post regarding battle & track ratings.

^Lmfaoo...

Co-sign to the fullest... Good shit...:high:

John Dos
09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
It's about damn time a thread like this was made...

IV
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
This is so true. i try doing that but i find if i give out a 7 on a battle that's good, i get blocked by the user.. for 'unfair voting' and having no idea how to vote..

Mindless
09-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I can make certain users unblockable after the rest of the staff and I have seen a good number of votes with proper ranking, explanation and all that.

Don't seek it out and ask for it. If you ask for it then it'll never happen. We'll find you and give it to you if you deserve it.

EDIT: Also, it's Mih-KAY-us right?

Pugz
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
We are giving you all the opportunity to change this on your own... and hope that you do.. Remember those who receive a 7-9 rating.. its a GOOD thing and not hate voting... this indicates that you are above average... A lot on this site are going be falling between the 4-6 rating because that is average.. Im going to give you an explanation of the exact numbers and what they mean....

1 - Awful/Inaudible
2 - Audible/Needs work
3 - Below Average
4 - Slightly Below Average
5 - Average
6 - Slightly Above Average
7 - Above Average
8 - Great
9 - Excellent
10 - Perfect

Miqueas
09-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Mah-Kay-Is @ Mindless.

Co-sign @ Pugz. We have a lot of decent battlers, and a few above average ones. Stop letting "numbers" dictate your skill. Stats can rate consistency, not talent.

IV
09-22-2011, 03:57 AM
or you should make it impossible to block people from voting, i'm not naming names but theres a few people on the site who can't accept 7 and 8s and expect 10's for something that i generously gave a 7 to! (lizman, heart n soul) etc.. just don't think it's fair, there were a lot more votes on battles before it was possible to block certain people from voting

Evil Twin
09-23-2011, 12:24 AM
I think everyone in general all knows the concept of a 1-10 rating scale! I say let it be the way it is cause if the "battle mc" that's getting the low rating doesn't like a rate they get! ... they can always send a message saying WTF? and if it happens again they can just block that person entirely! So its whatever to me.. I just like it the way it is. Lets Beef is the shit & the toilet paper! lol

Evil Twin
09-23-2011, 12:36 AM
not assuming this is the right thread for this... but been on my mind often lately.. I want my damn Evil Twin name back, system says its take but its not! last time I tried to get it back I had to spell it ~Evil Twin~ arrgghh lol can someone pleeeease get me my Evil Twin name back!!! good looking. But on the real back to this site... Ive been on here for around 4 years now! slaughtering rappers!! lmfao.. It's fun this is a great site for a rapper to blow off some steam.. get some shit off his mind. I come here to release aggression, and I do that threw rapping and wanging my chick..lol Obviously I cant wang my chick on your website, so... I do the rapping here! Anyways point I'm trying to make is I really aint had much problems with hate voters, I just bitch them out and they usually straighten up! I do agree there is some great talent on this site.. AND WE DONT NEED NO HATERZZ so I honor whatever ya'll come up with! Evil

Xander
09-23-2011, 12:48 AM
I agree...100000000% I've been blocked by throwing people 6's (When all their punchlines are as played as yo momma jokes.)

SayianChase
09-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Actually there should be a "Radical Change" in the voting system.. everyone will dickride their homies to the end.

Mikey DeNiro
09-26-2011, 06:24 PM
i definitely cosign and i follow this when voting.

NOTINUSE2
09-27-2011, 03:02 PM
i co sign Mayneak.. lol. but everything Miqueas wrote in this forum is the truth.. good knowledge fam. all these 9s an 10s are becoming to much. should actually be rating what u think their verse should be out of a 1 out of 10.. real shit

Barz©
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM
now thats what im talking about results.