Eminem
Nas
Big L
Rakim
Black Thought
Mos DEF

BTD
10-29-2011, 03:11 PM
nas,big pun,rakim,masta ace,pharoahe monch,andre 3000,black thought,kool g rap,ghostface and gza

GOD-OF-DISSING
11-23-2011, 03:45 PM
1: Waka flocka
2: Flocka
3: Waka
4: Flocka waka flocka
5: Waka waka flocka
6: Flocka bow bow flocka
7: Bow bow bow flocka
8: Flocka flocka flocka
9: Bow bow bow waka flocak
10: Flocka flocka

Comte de Châtillon
04-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Has nobody mentioned Illogic?

Illogic
KRS-One
Tupac
Nas
Qwel
Slug (of Atmosphere)
Mos Def
Canibus
Aesop Rock
Slick Rick

Not really in any order, except for the top three.

JIMMY CONWAY
04-29-2012, 08:34 AM
1: Waka flocka
2: Flocka
3: Waka
4: Flocka waka flocka
5: Waka waka flocka
6: Flocka bow bow flocka
7: Bow bow bow flocka
8: Flocka flocka flocka
9: Bow bow bow waka flocak
10: Flocka flocka

This person is not a real Rapper/MC. Nice joke though

Boss-MC
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
eminem has VERSES worthy of top ten but baically he is all over the place..........pun has SONGS worthy but not consistently.......cassidy has BATTLES worthy.....actually u no wat this list could be shortened drastically!! tupac told a great story, nas is probably the closest up there with rakim, but the rest r really who u wanna hear, vinnie paz tells a good "near death story" lyrically 2.........gimme a track 2 prove each........

ems is without doubt NO LOVE, that verse is outstanding, but the rest, lets compare

NfiNiTy
04-30-2012, 07:33 AM
In no particular order:
Eminem
Eyedea
Proof
Twista
Biggie
2PAC
Nas
Rakim
Macklemore
Slug (Atmosphere)

GOD-OF-DISSING
05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
this person is not a real rapper/mc. Nice joke though

lmfao! Dawg flocka is more famous den you , hahaha you tryna rap and you aint gettin no where mane

JIMMY CONWAY
05-26-2012, 10:49 AM
lmfao! Dawg flocka is more famous den you , hahaha you tryna rap and you aint gettin no where mane
Wow. What are you Waka flocka lil brother.
You don't need talent to be famous.
Plus if you could read you would see I'm a producer not a Rapper.

Fredo Lombardi
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
1. KRS 1
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. Pharaoh Monch
5. Canibus
6. Eminem
7. Big L
8. Common
9. Mos Def
10. Talib Kweli

Not in a any order.

only one I disagree with heavily is Big L he was not a lyricist he was a great punchline artist though....where is immortal technique? or diabolic?

GOD-OF-DISSING
06-01-2012, 12:55 AM
wow. What are you waka flocka lil brother.
You don't need talent to be famous.
Plus if you could read you would see i'm a producer not a rapper.

lmfao you a producer? Lmfao nobody is fuckin wit yo wack ass beats hahaha i could make fart sounds that could be better then your wack ass beats man fuck outta here

Interp
06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
His beats r actually pretty ill so stop hatin cuz ur a fukin idiot...

1 Eminem
2 Proof
3 Rakim
4 Big L
5 Cannibus
6 Pac
7 Nas
8 Cunning Lynguist
9 Royce
10 Classified

Stotty Pimpin
06-04-2012, 07:41 AM
would never put class in a top lyricists list but i agree with most of interps list...oh yeah and classified PROMOTES CRIMESTOPPERS! smh...lol dare me to post the youtube of it

SIXX-SHOTT
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
my favorite lyricist are

lupe fiasco (1)
talib kweli (8)
mos def (6)
big pun (2)
royce 5'9 (5)
rakim (3)
kool g rap (4)
eminem (10)
andre 300 (9)
nas (7)

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

def Big L and Biggy are honorable mentions also

JIMMY CONWAY
06-05-2012, 11:11 AM
lmfao you a producer? Lmfao nobody is fuckin wit yo wack ass beats hahaha i could make fart sounds that could be better then your wack ass beats man fuck outta here

My roc battle record is better than your record on Let's Beef. You're a bottom feeder on this site, So slow your roll nincompoop.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

His beats r actually pretty ill so stop hatin cuz ur a fukin idiot...

1 Eminem
2 Proof
3 Rakim
4 Big L
5 Cannibus
6 Pac
7 Nas
8 Cunning Lynguist
9 Royce
10 Classified

Good List. I have to look up #8 and 10 though.

Knowbodhi
06-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I think it's kind of sad only ONE person mentioned Eyedea or Aesop Rock. Just about anyone on Rhymesayers is great. Brother Ali is worth mentioning. Also, Conway, you def wanna check Cunninlynguists. Real tight work. And I might have missed it, but I don't think anyone said Chino XL. Dope wordplay.

Interp
06-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Cunninlynguists Ft. Tonedeff - Love Ain't *Lyrics - YouTube

CunninLynguists - Rain - YouTube

izayamoorman
06-06-2012, 01:18 AM
no order cuz im not takin the time to put them in order but the ten names that come to mind when I hear the words "Lyrical emcee" I think Em, Royce, Biggie, Pac, Lupe, Nas, Rakim, Immortal Technique, Talib, and Common. The other's that come to mind are punchline artists such as Wayne, Drizzy, Big L, Cass, Jag, B.o.B and Andre may be included in that list somewhere also.

JIMMY CONWAY
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I think it's kind of sad only ONE person mentioned Eyedea or Aesop Rock. Just about anyone on Rhymesayers is great. Brother Ali is worth mentioning. Also, Conway, you def wanna check Cunninlynguists. Real tight work. And I might have missed it, but I don't think anyone said Chino XL. Dope wordplay.

Oh I know about Chino XL. He's been dope for years. He definitely makes my top 15 or 20. I will check out Cunninlynguist. I heard of Aesop Rock and Eyedea. Just haven't heard there music. Is there songs by these rapper you suggest that i should listen too?

izayamoorman
06-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Would Los be considered a punchline artist or a Lyricist? And don't mistake the name with Fabolous, they're two completely different artists. Fab's dope too but he a punchline artist.

Knowbodhi
06-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm at the Uni and blocked from youtube right now, otherwise I'd link you. But check out "No Regrets" and "9-5ers Anthem" by Aesop Rock and check out "Now" and "Here for You" by Eyedea. Also, you may want to be on a toilet while you do this. You will be shitting bricks.

JIMMY CONWAY
06-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm at the Uni and blocked from youtube right now, otherwise I'd link you. But check out "No Regrets" and "9-5ers Anthem" by Aesop Rock and check out "Now" and "Here for You" by Eyedea. Also, you may want to be on a toilet while you do this. You will be shitting bricks.

I wish I would have known a minutes ago. Just got off th e toilet.lol. I will look these songs up when I get home. Good looks fam.

GOD-OF-DISSING
06-12-2012, 03:18 AM
his beats r actually pretty ill so stop hatin cuz ur a fukin idiot...

1 eminem
2 proof
3 rakim
4 big l
5 cannibus
6 pac
7 nas
8 cunning lynguist
9 royce
10 classified

lmao what you is boyfriend nigga? Hahahahaha when niggas start datin on letsbeef? I didnt kno it became a datin site? Hahahahaha so who gets it up da ass you or him? Lmfao! Fuck nigga!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

my roc battle record is better than your record on let's beef. You're a bottom feeder on this site, so slow your roll nincompoop.

---------- post added at 11:11 am ---------- previous post was at 11:09 am ----------

good list. I have to look up #8 and 10 though.

your roc battle record is better then my letsbeef record? Haha fuck nigga you want a cookie or something? Hahahahaha you think dis shit matters 2 me? Lmfao its a website nigga Stop actin dis real life lmfao cuz if dis were real life my nigga probably kidnap yo ass and rape yo ass lmfao! Own3d

JIMMY CONWAY
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
lmao what you is boyfriend nigga? Hahahahaha when niggas start datin on letsbeef? I didnt kno it became a datin site? Hahahahaha so who gets it up da ass you or him? Lmfao! Fuck nigga!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

your roc battle record is better then my letsbeef record? Haha fuck nigga you want a cookie or something? Hahahahaha you think dis shit matters 2 me? Lmfao its a website nigga Stop actin dis real life lmfao cuz if dis were real life my nigga probably kidnap yo ass and rape yo ass lmfao! Own3d
No, people recognize talent which is why no one recognizes you. About this being just a website. Only people with no talent say that. You hang outs with queers talking about your nigga would rape my ass. Birds of a feather flock together that means you're gay too. I already got cookies from your mom's house.

Interp
06-13-2012, 08:11 AM

Idiot , nuff said

Smh@ your existence

GOD-OF-DISSING
06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
no, people recognize talent which is why no one recognizes you. About this being just a website. Only people with no talent say that. You hang outs with queers talking about your nigga would rape my ass. Birds of a feather flock together that means you're gay too. I already got cookies from your mom's house.

lmfao hahahahaha ol ahghaahahaha hahaha
lmfao yo dawg did i hurt yo feelins man? Lmfao im sorry
hahaha you gonna commit suicide now hahaha? Lol
i suggest you do it by jumpin off da highest building you can find
hahaha fuck boi!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

idiot , nuff said

smh@ your existence

lmfao smh damn nigga stop suckin da niggas dick dawg hahaha hop off

JIMMY CONWAY
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
lmfao hahahahaha ol ahghaahahaha hahaha
lmfao yo dawg did i hurt yo feelins man? Lmfao im sorry
hahaha you gonna commit suicide now hahaha? Lol
i suggest you do it by jumpin off da highest building you can find
hahaha fuck boi!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

lmfao smh damn nigga stop suckin da niggas dick dawg hahaha hop off

Your record is -12 Points / 4 Won / 27 Lost. That's disgraceful. As of right now I'm # 4 On the Rocbattle Charts and on the front page.

Rappers on this site are just having there way with you.

Manhattan
06-30-2012, 02:43 PM
lmao at krs1 being your top lyricist. I can't respect anyone who rhymes amazed and shit with amazed and shit like 4x and also beefs with nelly like cmon dog are you serious nelly doesn't even rap lol

JIMMY CONWAY
06-30-2012, 07:58 PM
lmao at krs1 being your top lyricist. I can't respect anyone who rhymes amazed and shit with amazed and shit like 4x and also beefs with nelly like cmon dog are you serious nelly doesn't even rap lol

KRS1 has been in the rap game since 1986 and he would eat any Rapper that is current. Nelly was just a victim of krs onslaught. Nelly responded which mean he knew what he was in for. Tell me where is Nelly now. His career was just a small fraction of KRS1. Last but not least This Thread is called top 10 LYRICIST. Not top ten BATTLE RAPPERS.

JIMMY CONWAY
07-02-2012, 07:33 AM
^Nelly actually had a gay as fuck but high selling track receintly, which is much more than KRS has done recently.

To me, if someone is hailed as a "lyricist", they probably aren't a good enough artist.
You need to go back in the archives and listen to some KRS1.

He, may not dance around like a sissy Mary. But he will always be a much better lyricist than Nelly Nelly could ever dream.

Everyone please read d the thread title first i'm looking for LYRICIST. Not Pop artist, not best dancer, not best song writer but LYRICIST. Nelly is not a lyricist. Just a horrible Pop Rapper mostly listened to by girls between the ages of 15-25.

JIMMY CONWAY
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Didn't say he wasn't, but you said "What has Nelly done latley" and I told you...much more than KRS.

I wouldn't really be down with threads like this because writing songs as an artist is much more important than being good with lyrics.

But one thing that is undenyable, the best lyricism in a single verse is by a mile RA's verse on Uncommon Valor.

Point taken about Nellys last work. Not sure about RA's Verse
I give best verse to Rakim about 7 the Emcees.

But KRS1 has come out with his own stuff plus collabs with Buck Shot Shorty that was pretty dope.

Dope LYRICS+Dope Beats=Great SONGS.
The only thing Nelly wins is a popularity contest.

JIMMY CONWAY
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't like Nelly, someone just brought it up.

I think you can get a great sold without dope lyrics. Hell check out every rock song in history. Music is 99.9% listenability. That's why "internet rappers" never make it, because they are all lyrics and no production. I mean check Immortal Tech's 3rd World. The lyrics would have been pretty dope...if we didn't have to sit through "A Green Lantern production" even two seconds, making the album suck balls.

I don' know if this is all true. As much as i HATE his music, look at soulja boy. his music was garbage and still is. I think his drive got him where he is today, because it sure wasn't talent
So if an internet rapper with even slightly more skill than soulja boy had that same drive, they could make it too.

Selling Beats
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
1. KRS 1
2. Rakim
3. Nas
4. Pharaoh Monch
5. Canibus
6. Eminem
7. Big L
8. Common
9. Mos Def
10. Talib Kweli

Not in a any order.

I think iam gona go with my man pic right here

JIMMY CONWAY
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I think iam gona go with my man pic right here

Sorry for the great Lyricist that i have missed but I thought this was a good list.
At least for people over the age of 27.

GOD-OF-DISSING
08-03-2012, 12:39 AM
your record is -12 points / 4 won / 27 lost. That's disgraceful. As of right now i'm # 4 on the rocbattle charts and on the front page.

Rappers on this site are just having there way with you.

lm fao this is all for fun man i bet your a grown ass man
nigga get a life go outside or something man
seriously man , get a girlfriend lmfao - ba$3dje$u$

JIMMY CONWAY
08-03-2012, 01:11 AM
lm fao this is all for fun man i bet your a grown ass man
nigga get a life go outside or something man
seriously man , get a girlfriend lmfao - ba$3dje$u$

Don't be mad, UPS is hiring.

I can write you some raps that will get you some wins. Just let me know. Cuz you couldn't rap my christmas gifts

-12 Points / 4 Won / 27 Lost :cmonson:

20HotBeats
09-28-2012, 01:15 PM
nas
canibus
biggie
jadakiss
big l
big pun
vinnie paz
immortal technique
apathy