PDA

View Full Version : k. im bein told that...

ItzNDaSawce
09-12-2011, 05:53 AM
readibilty is everything next to punches...so inturn the concept has to be there or the punch is useless...but n many of my battles ive dropped lately..my opponents are beatin me wit only multies and half the words are forced...i even respect whom im losin to jus dont get how yall tell me shits off then vote against for the same shit??? so i need to know how to strengthen my concepts so i can win with flaws all over my verse...

Erupt da Monsta
09-12-2011, 07:37 AM
for starters having tha name trill concepts sets tha expectation level for ur concepts pretty high... id change it to nil concepts... smell me?

second... concepts arent tha most important part of battlin , ta me its wording, but that usually comes after uv gotten tha jist of concepts..

in order to conjure a decent concept one must be able to think outside tha box... tha problem most rookies have is that they try tah think of the concept and wordplay before they write their multi skemes preamble tha concludin punch/concept...

the multis before the punch are just as important as the punch and all should correlate to it (the punch)...

what i do is write abunch of multis and then discern where im going to take it from there... this adds ta readability and also flow.

dunno if this answerd ya question, on some high shit right now, but feel free ta discuss.. ill answer ta tha best of my ability..

-Jibberish
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
erupt left a good post but you gotta come with more out of the box ideas and i think you should come up with the concept first then decide how you are going to word the punchline and work on the set up after you think of somme multis to fit ur punch after, but alas i am not a 'great' texter i enjoy played lines better, must be the audio side in me

Astronomical
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM
What puzzles me, is how you managed to get 470+ wins without knowing this.

Ra¡n Matrix
09-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Flow/ Readabililty, Multies, Personals, Wordplays, Nameplays, Punchlines, Originality

everything is important. u can't just focus on one thing and fuck everything else up then expect a win. everythings gotta be on par to make a hot verse

Some things, like personals .. are optional. but if your gonna use them u cant just say them.. they gotta hit hard.