Entries: 2 (Private: )
Comments: 0
Start Date: 05-07-2019
Last Update: 05-08-2019
Views: 2459
Description: Just a place to put my thoughts

On a re-listen of the tool albums...
Now Playing: Now Playing: Lateralus - Tool Lateralus - Tool
Date Posted: 05-08-2019 at 10:49 AM - Comments (0)
I've recently re-listened to all Tool albums, in preparation for their new album dropping on August 30, and my opinion has changed a bit. My favorite album of theirs used to be 10,000 Days but my opinion has dramatically changed.
My old ranking:
1. 10,000 Days
2. Lateralus
3. Aenema
4. Undertow

On a relisten of all of them in one sitting, I've noticed subtle things that have changed my opinions a bit.

1. Lateralus.
From start to finish, this is an energetic, deep, and emotional album. For sure my new favorite.

2. 10,000 Days
This is still among my favorites. While my favorite songs are still on this album (Jambi, Right in Two, Vicarious), I've also noticed that this is the only Tool album where I don't like every single song. However, it still remains closer to the top, as it does contain my favorites.

3. Undertow
I've noticed that I like Undertow more than Aenema now. Undertow doesn't have a single bad song, and Prison Sex and Bottom have secured its spot above Aenema.

4. Aenema
If, in fact, there are any Tool fans here, which, it remains possible there aren't, I may get a little hate for placing Aenema so low. Just to clarify, there are no bad Tool albums. I love nearly everything they've done, but this I simply love the least. That's not to say, however, that I don't love it. 46 & 2, Hooker With A Penis, Jimmy, Third Eye, Aenema- all amazing tracks, but, I found some of this album wasn't "Tool" enough for me. That's to say that some of the tracks were not nearly as deep in meaning as the Tool I've come to know and love. Hooker With A Penis, for instance, while it does have a serious message, it's hard to take the song serious because...well, look at the fuckin' name, dude.

So basically, Lateralus and 10,000 Days swapped places, and Aenema and Undertow swapped places.

Also, my favorite Tool song is easily Right in Two, as it is about how humans lack the ability to ever truly get along and live harmoniously. Additionally, two of the lines in the song are my favorites from any song, ever. Those are:
1. "Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here."
2. "Why did Father give these humans free will? Now they're all confused."

If anyone's reading this, or if anyone cares, I highly encourage you to open your mind and listen to Tool. Their lyrics go far beyond deepness and have a meaning to them that thousands of other artists will never be able to achieve. They are highly talented, and are worth, at the very least, a listen.
Metallica and the Missing 32nd Note
Now Playing: Now Playing: Master of Puppets Master of Puppets
Date Posted: 05-07-2019 at 08:00 AM - Comments (0)
So, according to this http://metalintheory.com/metallica-a...ing-32nd-note/ article, Master of Puppets by Metallica features a riff that is in 21/32 time. Many think this is on purpose. Bruh, what? Lars Ulrich can't even play 4/4 properly, there's no way in hell they went and actively attempted to do that.