Dredd Tha Lead vs yungcheef
Style: Written
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost
Default Babylons BattleRap school - Rhymeability (Multi's, flow, fluidity)

Welcome to Babylons BattleRap School, I created this series of threads so that, when expo'ing votes, I can not only point out flaws within ones verse, but also attempt to help them elevate their craft in doing so. So feel free to not only read through this, no matter how experienced you are, but to also comment below if you have any questions or want any private help with anything.

1- Rhyming (Multi's)
First off, I'd like to directly jump into rhyming itself. Every great building started with a sound foundation, your verses are in no way different. To have a hard hitting punch, it needs to be set up by some consistent AND complex rhyming to make it even remotely impressive. Even the hardest punches in the game would sound whack had they been rhyming with shit like "cat" and "hat".

Firstly, instead of writing your verses in a way that you're always thinking of one sentence of lyrics right after the last, you should first list your multi's. For example, I have a line that goes:

All my dreams are lucid, this is heathen music, make ya fuckin' deacon lose it, I'm up in Eden eatin' off the damn trees with judas, so If there's a party in heaven, I'm bringin' demons to it.

Instead of constructing this one sentence at a time, firstly you would think of either the ending line, or any supporting multi word. For this line, the first thing I thought of was "if there's a party in heaven, I'm bringing demons to it."

So since that is the foundation of my line, I want it to be the end point so that it holds the most weight. From here, I'll reverse-engineer my bar. What rhyming set do we have so far?
The scheme "demons to it". So first off, you'd brainstorm on what rhymes with "demons to it."

Then, you'd make a list containing those rhymes you came up with. For this bar, it would be:
dreams are lucid (this rhyme is kind of broken, I'll get into that.)
heathen music
decon lose it
trees with judas
demons to it

Now to know that these rhyme, you HAVE to break them down syllable-wise. To do this, you just coun the syllables.
dreams-are-lu-cid
hea-then-mu-sic
de-con-lose-it
tree-with-ju-das
de-mons-to-it

So as you can see, each rhyming word HAS to be four syllables to match up with the others. To test and see if your multi's perfectly rhyme, you need to see if each syllable rhymes with the next. Take "dreams-are-lu-cid, hea-then-mu-sic and de-con-lose-it for example.

Does dreams, hea, and de rhyme? Yes.
Does are, then, con rhyme? No.
Does lu, mu, and lose rhyme? Yes.
Does cid, sic, and it rhyme? Yes.
Now as you can see, we have a broken multi. When one of these sets don't rhyme with the next, you need to either scrap that part of the bar or attempt to revise it. Now we could just change "dreams are lucid" to "dreams is lucid," but then it becomes grammatically incorrect. So we would just cut it, usally.

Once you have this method mastered, you can essentially just do it in your mind & never have to write hardly anything to tell if your multis match up perfectly.

2- Flow/Fluidity

Flow is almost wholly about connecting rhymes, but also holds a semi-pertanent hand in syllable structure & the placing of filler words that compliment the general sound of the bar, rather than make it sound rigid & uneasy. Usually, people who fall under that "intellectual" style never have a good flow (Take Aesop Rock for an example.) The use of these "bigger" words, not always, but often tend to hinder the conceptual fluidity of the line, UNLESS it is a part of the rhyme scheme itself. So instead of implementing shit that you think is dope because it will add complexity to your verses, simplify it a bit so that you don't sacrifice that fluidity factor.

Babylons BattleRap School - Index
Rhyme-ability (Multi's, flow, fluidity): You are here.
Concepts (Punches, setups, concept ideas): Under construction

Unread 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #1

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Default Babylons BattleRap school - Rhymeability (Multi's, flow, fluidity)

Welcome to Babylons BattleRap School, I created this series of threads so that, when expo'ing votes, I can not only point out flaws within ones verse, but also attempt to help them elevate their craft in doing so. So feel free to not only read through this, no matter how experienced you are, but to also comment below if you have any questions or want any private help with anything.

1- Rhyming (Multi's)
First off, I'd like to directly jump into rhyming itself. Every great building started with a sound foundation, your verses are in no way different. To have a hard hitting punch, it needs to be set up by some consistent AND complex rhyming to make it even remotely impressive. Even the hardest punches in the game would sound whack had they been rhyming with shit like "cat" and "hat".

Firstly, instead of writing your verses in a way that you're always thinking of one sentence of lyrics right after the last, you should first list your multi's. For example, I have a line that goes:

All my dreams are lucid, this is heathen music, make ya fuckin' deacon lose it, I'm up in Eden eatin' off the damn trees with judas, so If there's a party in heaven, I'm bringin' demons to it.

Instead of constructing this one sentence at a time, firstly you would think of either the ending line, or any supporting multi word. For this line, the first thing I thought of was "if there's a party in heaven, I'm bringing demons to it."

So since that is the foundation of my line, I want it to be the end point so that it holds the most weight. From here, I'll reverse-engineer my bar. What rhyming set do we have so far?
The scheme "demons to it". So first off, you'd brainstorm on what rhymes with "demons to it."

Then, you'd make a list containing those rhymes you came up with. For this bar, it would be:
dreams are lucid (this rhyme is kind of broken, I'll get into that.)
heathen music
decon lose it
trees with judas
demons to it

Now to know that these rhyme, you HAVE to break them down syllable-wise. To do this, you just coun the syllables.
dreams-are-lu-cid
hea-then-mu-sic
de-con-lose-it
tree-with-ju-das
de-mons-to-it

So as you can see, each rhyming word HAS to be four syllables to match up with the others. To test and see if your multi's perfectly rhyme, you need to see if each syllable rhymes with the next. Take "dreams-are-lu-cid, hea-then-mu-sic and de-con-lose-it for example.

Does dreams, hea, and de rhyme? Yes.
Does are, then, con rhyme? No.
Does lu, mu, and lose rhyme? Yes.
Does cid, sic, and it rhyme? Yes.
Now as you can see, we have a broken multi. When one of these sets don't rhyme with the next, you need to either scrap that part of the bar or attempt to revise it. Now we could just change "dreams are lucid" to "dreams is lucid," but then it becomes grammatically incorrect. So we would just cut it, usally.

Once you have this method mastered, you can essentially just do it in your mind & never have to write hardly anything to tell if your multis match up perfectly.

2- Flow/Fluidity

Flow is almost wholly about connecting rhymes, but also holds a semi-pertanent hand in syllable structure & the placing of filler words that compliment the general sound of the bar, rather than make it sound rigid & uneasy. Usually, people who fall under that "intellectual" style never have a good flow (Take Aesop Rock for an example.) The use of these "bigger" words, not always, but often tend to hinder the conceptual fluidity of the line, UNLESS it is a part of the rhyme scheme itself. So instead of implementing shit that you think is dope because it will add complexity to your verses, simplify it a bit so that you don't sacrifice that fluidity factor.

Babylons BattleRap School - Index
Rhyme-ability (Multi's, flow, fluidity): You are here.
Concepts (Punches, setups, concept ideas): Under construction

Unread 11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Shodan
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

@Babylon Great shit, this is definitely the sort of thing I'd gladly link to everyone in my crew (and probably will). Rather below my level, of course, but great advice for who it's aimed at.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 11-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #2

Shodan
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.18/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
2 Won / 4 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.18/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.74/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
111 Won / 71 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
3 Won / 6 Lost

Voted: 35 audio / 1022 text
Mentioned: 1225 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)

@Babylon Great shit, this is definitely the sort of thing I'd gladly link to everyone in my crew (and probably will). Rather below my level, of course, but great advice for who it's aimed at.
Spoiler for GIF, courtesy of NOBLE:
Spoiler for A wise man once said:
"Wtf are yaw readin nigga this nigga dont even make ssince and have the niggas who comment be garbage but tryna give at vice i been in real battles for money and won i haven't seen not one hot verse on here accept maybe a couple yaw some fuckin haters o. Me i punch this nigga like a speed bag smoked boots"

- space_dabree, discussing the outcome of his battle with Shodan.
Spoiler for More words of wisdom:
"Your iq is too low to vote on my shit. Grab ddthabeast, take some literacy courses, get hooked on phonics and come talk to me then."

- Teeteegee, discussing a fair vote left which Shodan left on a battle of his.
Spoiler for ILLoKWENT's declaration of love:
"fuck off lil faggit.. before i tare your dick off , and shove it up your dads ass while your slut of a mom makes a home video documenting the whole situation as your sister masturbates to mozart.capeesh?" The first person to notice the existence of this line of text and PM me about it is entitled to 50 of the credits on my account. Let's see how long this stays undiscovered. - Added May 1, 2019 - EDIT: Good job Culture for finding this on May 11, 2019! Faster than expect. Prize now rescinded. Will remove this sometime...
- ILLoKWENT, in response to a rhetorical question.
Spoiler for More love from illokwent:
"Because he lacks any form of maturity to do grown folk stuff... And u can quote me on that.."

- Read, and then sigged.

Unread 11-19-2014, 06:39 PM
exwhyzee
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
95 Won / 55 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Only one question.

How will this be any different from the numerous other tutorials on here?
Unread 11-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

exwhyzee
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.17/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
95 Won / 55 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 211 text
Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)

Only one question.

How will this be any different from the numerous other tutorials on here?
Unread 11-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I don't think you necessarily have to scrap slant rhymes.
Unread 11-25-2014, 03:47 PM   #4

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I don't think you necessarily have to scrap slant rhymes.

Unread 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Mentioned: 1084 Post(s)
Tagged: 51 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
164 Won / 30 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
23 Won / 8 Lost

dono is pissed right now

you,you,you,and you....i said you,you,you,and YOU!!

M-ROCK ON THA LEFT HITTIN THA SPRINKLER
Unread 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #5

stricc
Estimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 8.22/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
164 Won / 30 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 8.22/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.62/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
23 Won / 8 Lost

Voted: 488 audio / 175 text
Mentioned: 1084 Post(s)
Tagged: 51 Thread(s)

dono is pissed right now

you,you,you,and you....i said you,you,you,and YOU!!

M-ROCK ON THA LEFT HITTIN THA SPRINKLER

Display