Custom Beat Unified Championship 2024
Battles ready for vote
Flako Boom vs DeadTRI

Vote on tournaments to earn +5 credits!

Battle Feed
Skitt_Blazin vs Tain
Style: Written Blind Drop
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Truer vs DeadTRIDeadTRI is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written Blind Drop
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
FAME
Mentioned: 538 Post(s)
Tagged: 30 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to FAME
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 4 Lost
Default Tournament Talk: Quarter Final interviews

With a new LetsBeef Grand Champion soon to be crowned, I caught up with some of the remaining participants and past winners to get their thoughts on the current text tournament.

Now there's been things said about this tournament, both good and bad.

It's been said that this is the weakest tourney in the sites history due to the 'lack of big names' involved.

Text Moderator, LBT Champion, Grand Champion and 2x Tag Team Champion, Askari had an interesting view on this statement and also had a few words of wisdom to share with the remaining participants.

Askari

How do you feel about the talk that this is the weakest Grand Championship tournament due to the 'lack of big names involved?' -
I think it's a massive disrespect to the battlers involved; these guys ARE the current big names on the site. People need to stop living in the fucking past man.

Is there anybody in this tournament that has surprised you with the level of bars they have brought to the table and how far they progressed? -
I think Phenomenon's really surprised, I like his off-beat southpaw style, it's refreshing. He still has a lot of elevating to do to really produce those haymakers and become a real contender IMO, but yeah, he's surprised a few people.

All tourneys have talks of upsets and robberies, which do you feel has been the biggest shock result of this particular tournament? -
Probably Anarchist beating Mind Fuck, I certainly never expected that. And DGW eliminating Jimmy Dean. I guess to a lesser extent Grief putting out Molly too, he was an early favourite.

If you had to predict the final based on current form, who would you place in those top 2 spots? -
Swissha vs Dissizit. I've backed Diss from the start and Mikey is on fine form right now. Grief could be in with a shout too though, shit Black Book as well. It's tight as fuck now.

As a previous winner of a Grand Championship, do you have any words of wisdom and advice for the remaining eight? -
Think ahead and write constantly: prepare for each outcome, write a few bars for every possible opponent as soon as you finish writing for the current one, that way you kinda have a head start and some of the pressure is lifted. Utilise all the time you have. Good luck amigos.

Is he right about people living in the past?

Do we hang onto the 'glory days' and not see the current competition good enough to create the new golden era of LetsBeef?

Personally, I am in agreement with Askari on this one.

The level of talent we have on this site right now is phenomenal.

'Back in the day' there were a few guys that were perched at the top.

Nowadays, there is a whole bunch of textcees gunning for that top spot.

The competition is fierce and it will only push us to try and better ourselves more an more.

Now it's Quarter Final time and the remaining eight textcees seem to all be in with a shout of taking the whole thing.

Anarchist is a member of the very strong AC Turnbulls crew and may possibly be considered the underdog at this moment in time.

Here's what he had to say to the questions I fired his way:

Anarchist

What do you make of the recent suggestions of this being the weakest Grand Championship tournament in the sites history due to the 'lack of big names?'

i dont really take any notice to it. its about time people took notice of the people that dont fall under this so called "big name" category. just because previous winners, favourites etc arnt in it, doesnt make it any weaker. if u belittle people by tellin them they are in a weak tourny, what does that do for their confidence and how will they ever rise to the next level?

Out of the four guys in the other bracket, who would you least like to face in the final if you made it there and why?

every1 left in the tourny has skills, so no matter who u face u will have to bring your A game. Swishaa has impressed me and has experience so if i had to pick 1 id pick him

Who do you feel has been your toughest challenge so far in the tournament?

umm, well since Mind Fuck no showed (ducked) ive only had 2 battles and out of the two i would say the battle with execute was the closer

The general consensus seems to be that the winner of AfterThought vs Swishha will go on to take the title, what do you think of this?

... dont sleep on anyone

As with every tournament, there has been talk of upsets and robberies in the forums. In your opinion, what do you feel was the biggest shock result of the competition so far and do you see any more shock results happening?

great whyte vs jimmy dean - whyte went into that as the under dog in pretty much everyone eyes but he proved them all wrong.

and yes, there will be more shocks

How do you feel winning a Grand Championship will boost your Letsbeef career?

personally, if i was to win, it would give me a lot of confidence which would boost my activity and would hopefully gain respect from others.

Emcees usually go all out in tournaments and we see them at their best. Do you feel you may have the other remaining participants figured out in the way they may approach things and what you'll have to do to win or do you think they may still have a few tricks up their sleeves?

i fully expect everyone to bring their A game and i think everyone will step it up a notch from previous rounds

Is there anybody in this tournament that has surprised you with the level of bars they have brought to the table and how far they progressed?

even though hes not in it now, ive enjoyed reading Mollys verses the most and was expecting him to go further

Do you have any last words going into the final few rounds of the tournament?[/QUOTE]

.... dont sleep!

I think it's safe to say that no matter what happens, Anarchist has earned our respect for getting this far.

His level headed approach to this interview is something to be admired and I'm fully in agreement that you shouldn't sleep on him.

Next up to answer the questions I fired at the participants is a textcee that many believe to have the potential to be a seriously heavy hitter on Letsbeef.

With a very close last round vs Molly, a battle which has the site divided, heres what the Classick At Rhymin' man, GOOD GRIEF, had to say:

GOOD GRIEF

What do you make of the recent suggestions of this being the weakest Grand Championship tournament in the sites history due to the 'lack of big names?'

i honestly hate when folks say shit like that... cuz 100% of the time they either have big enough names to change that (and are just sitting on their asses talking shit about it), or their so weak that throwing THEIR name into the mix would just worsen it. thats my take on it.

Out of the four guys in the other bracket, who would you least like to face in the final if you made it there and why?

maybe Swisha. not because i dont like a challenge tho. lol but just because i hate going against folks with a DIRECT opposite style than mine. when 2 different emcees both go 100% on their drops, and voters find it a bit harder to decide, they tend to go with style preference. which can basically become a dice roll on both sides. just my honest opinion.

DEFINITELY Molly. dude had me scared shitless. lol great competitor man. and im sure if you glanced at the percentages, you'd know i barely scraped that win together.

The general consensus seems to be that the winner of AfterThought vs Swishha will go on to take the title, what do you think of this?

tbh people are probably leaning toward Swisha to beat AT and win the rest of the tourney... and that lil question you presented is just some bull way to sugar coat it (no offense. lol) i honestly cant make any predictions right now tho. LB is just too random for that sometimes.

As with every tournament, there has been talk of upsets and robberies in the forums. In your opinion, what do you feel was the biggest shock result of the competition so far and do you see any more shock results happening?

Apparently to some people Molly got robbed in our battle. then there was Fiji and Streetz not making it farther in the tourney, and them 2 AC guys still being here. so either me vs. Molly or the ACs. other than that its been a pretty straight forward tourney.

nah. i've pretty much peaked. i'd just like to have one before i leave out. im not as "hungry" for it as i used to be tho, so if dont get one its whatever. but i feel that if you dont have a GC, you'll most likely be forgotten when your gone. need an example? look at the HOF section. lol itd just be cool to know i made a good impact on here before i "retire".

Emcees usually go all out in tournaments and we see them at their best. Do you feel you may have the other remaining participants figured out in the way they may approach things and what you'll have to do to win or do you think they may still have a few tricks up their sleeves?

tourneys to me are like marathons. 22 lines a round... 6 rounds... 132 lines? unless you been stacking bars for awhile (like i assume some have lol) its gonna be hard to stay consistent. me myself have pretty much run outta backup bars, and im just prayin i get them creative juices when i need em. it takes most people forever just to answer a 16 in their inbox, much less 22 bars in 4 days. so it comes down to who has the "endurance" for it imo. but no. to say i have anyone figured out is a bit arrogant.

Is there anybody in this tournament that has surprised you with the level of bars they have brought to the table and how far they progressed?

like i said, them AC dudes.

Do you have any last words going into the final few rounds of the tournament?

nope. think i've said enough. literally wrote a paragraph for each section. lol good luck to all the other participants.

A very humble interview from GOOD GRIEF and a very interesting take on
tournament tactics.

One of his comments got me thinking though, not being hungry for it will serve as a massive weight against some of the other guys who really want it.

Next up to answer my questions is Phenomonon, a member of the Fair Voters Club and the AC Turnbulls.

Here's what he had to share with us:

Phenomonon

Whoever said that is gay and needs to get off the "big names" dicks..

idk idc..

That 1st round dude..

What was the question??

RAW beating Unyqe and no more upsets..

I will always have a blue name..

I focus on one oppoent at a time so when i get to them i'll figure them out and no they dont..

UMMM Duh Great Whyte..

Well... That was short and sweet.

Phenomonon not giving too much away here.

Is he leaving us guessing as to whether or not he's quietly confident or is he nervous and doesn't want to say too much in case it gets used against him?

Only time will tell.

Also, I'd like to point out that his name is not blue. Just saying.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

FAME
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.23/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.23/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.07/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 32 text

Default Tournament Talk: Quarter Final interviews

With a new LetsBeef Grand Champion soon to be crowned, I caught up with some of the remaining participants and past winners to get their thoughts on the current text tournament.

Now there's been things said about this tournament, both good and bad.

It's been said that this is the weakest tourney in the sites history due to the 'lack of big names' involved.

Text Moderator, LBT Champion, Grand Champion and 2x Tag Team Champion, Askari had an interesting view on this statement and also had a few words of wisdom to share with the remaining participants.

Askari

How do you feel about the talk that this is the weakest Grand Championship tournament due to the 'lack of big names involved?' -
I think it's a massive disrespect to the battlers involved; these guys ARE the current big names on the site. People need to stop living in the fucking past man.

Is there anybody in this tournament that has surprised you with the level of bars they have brought to the table and how far they progressed? -
I think Phenomenon's really surprised, I like his off-beat southpaw style, it's refreshing. He still has a lot of elevating to do to really produce those haymakers and become a real contender IMO, but yeah, he's surprised a few people.

All tourneys have talks of upsets and robberies, which do you feel has been the biggest shock result of this particular tournament? -
Probably Anarchist beating Mind Fuck, I certainly never expected that. And DGW eliminating Jimmy Dean. I guess to a lesser extent Grief putting out Molly too, he was an early favourite.

If you had to predict the final based on current form, who would you place in those top 2 spots? -
Swissha vs Dissizit. I've backed Diss from the start and Mikey is on fine form right now. Grief could be in with a shout too though, shit Black Book as well. It's tight as fuck now.

As a previous winner of a Grand Championship, do you have any words of wisdom and advice for the remaining eight? -
Think ahead and write constantly: prepare for each outcome, write a few bars for every possible opponent as soon as you finish writing for the current one, that way you kinda have a head start and some of the pressure is lifted. Utilise all the time you have. Good luck amigos.

Is he right about people living in the past?

Do we hang onto the 'glory days' and not see the current competition good enough to create the new golden era of LetsBeef?

Personally, I am in agreement with Askari on this one.

The level of talent we have on this site right now is phenomenal.

'Back in the day' there were a few guys that were perched at the top.

Nowadays, there is a whole bunch of textcees gunning for that top spot.

The competition is fierce and it will only push us to try and better ourselves more an more.

Now it's Quarter Final time and the remaining eight textcees seem to all be in with a shout of taking the whole thing.

Anarchist is a member of the very strong AC Turnbulls crew and may possibly be considered the underdog at this moment in time.

Here's what he had to say to the questions I fired his way:

Anarchist

i dont really take any notice to it. its about time people took notice of the people that dont fall under this so called "big name" category. just because previous winners, favourites etc arnt in it, doesnt make it any weaker. if u belittle people by tellin them they are in a weak tourny, what does that do for their confidence and how will they ever rise to the next level?

every1 left in the tourny has skills, so no matter who u face u will have to bring your A game. Swishaa has impressed me and has experience so if i had to pick 1 id pick him

umm, well since Mind Fuck no showed (ducked) ive only had 2 battles and out of the two i would say the battle with execute was the closer

... dont sleep on anyone

great whyte vs jimmy dean - whyte went into that as the under dog in pretty much everyone eyes but he proved them all wrong.

and yes, there will be more shocks

personally, if i was to win, it would give me a lot of confidence which would boost my activity and would hopefully gain respect from others.

i fully expect everyone to bring their A game and i think everyone will step it up a notch from previous rounds

even though hes not in it now, ive enjoyed reading Mollys verses the most and was expecting him to go further

Do you have any last words going into the final few rounds of the tournament?[/QUOTE]

.... dont sleep!

I think it's safe to say that no matter what happens, Anarchist has earned our respect for getting this far.

His level headed approach to this interview is something to be admired and I'm fully in agreement that you shouldn't sleep on him.

Next up to answer the questions I fired at the participants is a textcee that many believe to have the potential to be a seriously heavy hitter on Letsbeef.

With a very close last round vs Molly, a battle which has the site divided, heres what the Classick At Rhymin' man, GOOD GRIEF, had to say:

GOOD GRIEF

i honestly hate when folks say shit like that... cuz 100% of the time they either have big enough names to change that (and are just sitting on their asses talking shit about it), or their so weak that throwing THEIR name into the mix would just worsen it. thats my take on it.

maybe Swisha. not because i dont like a challenge tho. lol but just because i hate going against folks with a DIRECT opposite style than mine. when 2 different emcees both go 100% on their drops, and voters find it a bit harder to decide, they tend to go with style preference. which can basically become a dice roll on both sides. just my honest opinion.

DEFINITELY Molly. dude had me scared shitless. lol great competitor man. and im sure if you glanced at the percentages, you'd know i barely scraped that win together.

tbh people are probably leaning toward Swisha to beat AT and win the rest of the tourney... and that lil question you presented is just some bull way to sugar coat it (no offense. lol) i honestly cant make any predictions right now tho. LB is just too random for that sometimes.

Apparently to some people Molly got robbed in our battle. then there was Fiji and Streetz not making it farther in the tourney, and them 2 AC guys still being here. so either me vs. Molly or the ACs. other than that its been a pretty straight forward tourney.

nah. i've pretty much peaked. i'd just like to have one before i leave out. im not as "hungry" for it as i used to be tho, so if dont get one its whatever. but i feel that if you dont have a GC, you'll most likely be forgotten when your gone. need an example? look at the HOF section. lol itd just be cool to know i made a good impact on here before i "retire".

tourneys to me are like marathons. 22 lines a round... 6 rounds... 132 lines? unless you been stacking bars for awhile (like i assume some have lol) its gonna be hard to stay consistent. me myself have pretty much run outta backup bars, and im just prayin i get them creative juices when i need em. it takes most people forever just to answer a 16 in their inbox, much less 22 bars in 4 days. so it comes down to who has the "endurance" for it imo. but no. to say i have anyone figured out is a bit arrogant.

like i said, them AC dudes.

nope. think i've said enough. literally wrote a paragraph for each section. lol good luck to all the other participants.

A very humble interview from GOOD GRIEF and a very interesting take on
tournament tactics.

One of his comments got me thinking though, not being hungry for it will serve as a massive weight against some of the other guys who really want it.

Next up to answer my questions is Phenomonon, a member of the Fair Voters Club and the AC Turnbulls.

Here's what he had to share with us:

Phenomonon

Whoever said that is gay and needs to get off the "big names" dicks..

idk idc..

That 1st round dude..

What was the question??

RAW beating Unyqe and no more upsets..

I will always have a blue name..

I focus on one oppoent at a time so when i get to them i'll figure them out and no they dont..

UMMM Duh Great Whyte..

Well... That was short and sweet.

Phenomonon not giving too much away here.

Is he leaving us guessing as to whether or not he's quietly confident or is he nervous and doesn't want to say too much in case it gets used against him?

Only time will tell.

Also, I'd like to point out that his name is not blue. Just saying.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:25 PM
FAME
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 4 Lost

Next up to share his thoughts on the tournament is the face of LetsBeef.com.

Head Text Moderator, Hall Of Famer, Grand Champion and Rookie Champion 09, RULE:

RULE

How do you feel about the talk that this is the weakest Grand Championship tournament due to the 'lack of big names involved?'

Im not sure 'weakest' is a fair statement. the site is going through a transistional period where the heavyweights of the past are all but gone and the new breed are coming through. I'd say that the current final 8 is probably below the standard of the past years slightly, but not by much. I'd say there's three guys left in the tourney who wouldnt look out of place in the final 8 of any past tournament.

I'd have to say that Duh Great Whyte is probably the guy that surprised me the most. Most the guys who have dropped nice are ones i knew were nice to begin with, but DGW has impressed me with his current form.

All tourneys have talks of upsets and robberies, which do you feel has been the biggest shock result of this particular tournament?

Although i can understand why some voters would think differently, i personally felt like Molly bodied GG in the 3rd round. I think ive only given out one 9 rating on a battle this year and it was for Molly's verse. The guy has come on miles since i last read his stuff. The kids a major problem. But like i said i understand why someone would prefer GG's verse in that battle, but to me Molly had some concepts that were great and dude was relentless with the punches. He had that RULE swag lol.

If you had to predict the final based on current form, who would you place in those top 2 spots?

Based on form and the bracket... Swishha Vs Dissizit. But i wouldnt be surprised in the least if neither made it to the final.

As a previous winner of a Grand Championship, do you have any words of wisdom and advice for the remaining eight?

Just to bring there A-Game to every round from this point out. Any bars that are just average? Bin them. Nows the time to go all out straight through to the final.

Wise words to end on by the RULER.

If you have any second thoughts about a bar you've written, scrap it.

Now is the time to go all out attack.

Now back to the thoughts of more of the final eight.

The next textcee, better known as Mikey DeNiro is a Live Battler and widely considered to be the favorite to take the whole thing.

Swishha

Big Names Are In The Eye Of The Beholder. The Ones Saying This For The Most Part Are From My Era And They Are Comparing To The HoF's Which In My Eyes Is Very Biased Considering That The Guys Currently In The Tournament Are Well On Their Way To Becoming Their Own Big Name. Also We Had A Few Big Names From The Later Generation In The Tournament As Well. So These Suggestions Are Blasphemous Lmao.

Honestly It Doesn't Matter Who Makes It To The Finals. I Just Want Whoever That Is To Have An Amazing Verse And Show That Next Level Of Skill All Of These Guys Are Capable Of.

Honestly I Feel This Current Battle Will Be The Toughest.. But If I Had To Choose Out Of The Other Rounds I Think Talksick And Grizzeat Both Came With It.

I Think This Statement Is Very True Lmao. I'm Taking This Title.

Honestly I Thought Fiji Might've Passed Round 2 But Really This Whole Tourny Has Pretty Much Been Cool. The Ones Who Feel Like They Got Robbed Know They Could've Done Better. Alot Of People Underestimated Their Opponents And Thats Why They Lost.

Um One Step Closer To The Hall Of Fame For Me.

I Think They Still Have A Few Tricks Up Their Sleeves. I'm Not Underestimating Anyone So Whether They Do Or Not, I'll Still Be Writing As If They Did.

Yes, This AC Crew Got Some Good Battlers. Duh Great White Has Impressed Me Most Though. But Yea There Is Alot Of New Cats That I See Mad Potential From As Long As They Keep Elevating After This And Don't Go Back To Battling Nobodies...

Umm Good Luck Afterthought... Hopefully I'll Have 2 More Battles After This One Though

For somebody of his stature, a very humble approach to the questions.

I can see why he is considered the favorite but I wouldn't rule anybody out at this point.

Swishha has put his time on this site and probably deserves that extra recognition of a Grand Championship.

Next in line for the questions is one of the best up and comers on the site and the man that knocked me out of the competition.

Some argue his style is flawed whilst others love it.

Here's what Dissizit had to say:

Dissizit

- I def don't agree I checked some one the starting GC tourneys and It was a bunch of scrubs I mean Honestly theres material in this tourney that could blow minds away compared to a bunch of other tourneys and To be a Big name you have to start by not being one so Bars gonna prove that imo .

- I'll face anyone who earned their way to the finals tbh .

- No one yet, I think the Finals gonna Be where the pressure begins .

- I mean people a couple others would win thats not currently in the tourney .. so it depends on if we going on bars or popularity .

- None I believe everyone says Molly vs. GG though but that battle was so close It can't be a robbery to me it was just a great match up .

- I'll just recieve the feedback needed after puttin work into a bunch of bars and it will keep people gunnin to beat me which will then keep my game much sharper

- I feel People got lines and bars they save for the later rounds but so do I so it ain't no thing .

- No surprises Just dope lines but no one dropped a verse I felt was ground breaking from their usual best .

- Just want a Moment of silence for the Newww Grand Champion!

I feel an aura of confidence coming from this textcee who many consider favorite to make the final from the bottom bracket.

I feel Dissizit should guard against complacency though as I don't believe his path to the final will be as easy as he thinks it will.

We shall see shortly.

Next up is the Head Audio Moderator and leader of Hall of Fame crew, Classick at Rhymin', AfterThought.

Being one of the favorites at the beginning of this whole thing, he is certainly an already established heavyweight on LetsBeef.

Here is his take on the competition:

AfterThought

This championship will make more "big names" than these people think, alot of cats in this tourney are getting slept on & the competition is at basically the same level of the past 2 tournaments.

Ummm I'm guessing GRIEF coz he my dude & we'd have to kill each other for the title lol

HVK.

Mikey's dope. AT has his times. But then you have alotta dudes that could surprise people this tournament like Phenomonon, Anarchist & Duh Great Whyte, in addition to Black Book, GRIEF, Dissizit who been considered the site's best active battlers for a while now, this title could go to anyone.

It would be a toss up between Streetz vs Phenomonon & Duh Great Whyte vs Jiimmy Dean

Regardless, if I win this or not, Ima be focusing more on the audio side, so yeah an extra title wont hurt. lol

Nobody dropped any crazy bars yet this tournament, I expect the semi finalists to start getting lethal with the bars starting this round.

Obey & Duh Great Whyte.

Goodluck to everybody & I hope the battles turn out dope coz the site needs it.

So it seems that everyone I've spoken to disagrees with the statement made regarding the 'lack of competition' in the tournament.

Where did this come from?

Is there anybody who agrees with this?

LetsBeef.com may not be at it's most active right now but the competition has never been tougher.

If you were to look at some of the names in these quarter finals this time last year, you would never have predicted it.

That only shows how competitive text battling has become on here though.

Everyone is stepping their game up all of the time and Dissizit hit the nail on the head when he said that the battles in this tourney more than outshine those of the early tournaments.

Who will take that next step to LetsBeef greatness?

Who will be the next Grand Champion?

Unread 03-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #2

FAME
Ranked Audio Record
3 Won / 1 Lost
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 4 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 32 text

Next up to share his thoughts on the tournament is the face of LetsBeef.com.

Head Text Moderator, Hall Of Famer, Grand Champion and Rookie Champion 09, RULE:

RULE

How do you feel about the talk that this is the weakest Grand Championship tournament due to the 'lack of big names involved?'

Im not sure 'weakest' is a fair statement. the site is going through a transistional period where the heavyweights of the past are all but gone and the new breed are coming through. I'd say that the current final 8 is probably below the standard of the past years slightly, but not by much. I'd say there's three guys left in the tourney who wouldnt look out of place in the final 8 of any past tournament.

I'd have to say that Duh Great Whyte is probably the guy that surprised me the most. Most the guys who have dropped nice are ones i knew were nice to begin with, but DGW has impressed me with his current form.

All tourneys have talks of upsets and robberies, which do you feel has been the biggest shock result of this particular tournament?

Although i can understand why some voters would think differently, i personally felt like Molly bodied GG in the 3rd round. I think ive only given out one 9 rating on a battle this year and it was for Molly's verse. The guy has come on miles since i last read his stuff. The kids a major problem. But like i said i understand why someone would prefer GG's verse in that battle, but to me Molly had some concepts that were great and dude was relentless with the punches. He had that RULE swag lol.

If you had to predict the final based on current form, who would you place in those top 2 spots?

Based on form and the bracket... Swishha Vs Dissizit. But i wouldnt be surprised in the least if neither made it to the final.

As a previous winner of a Grand Championship, do you have any words of wisdom and advice for the remaining eight?

Just to bring there A-Game to every round from this point out. Any bars that are just average? Bin them. Nows the time to go all out straight through to the final.

Wise words to end on by the RULER.

If you have any second thoughts about a bar you've written, scrap it.

Now is the time to go all out attack.

Now back to the thoughts of more of the final eight.

The next textcee, better known as Mikey DeNiro is a Live Battler and widely considered to be the favorite to take the whole thing.

Swishha

Big Names Are In The Eye Of The Beholder. The Ones Saying This For The Most Part Are From My Era And They Are Comparing To The HoF's Which In My Eyes Is Very Biased Considering That The Guys Currently In The Tournament Are Well On Their Way To Becoming Their Own Big Name. Also We Had A Few Big Names From The Later Generation In The Tournament As Well. So These Suggestions Are Blasphemous Lmao.

Honestly It Doesn't Matter Who Makes It To The Finals. I Just Want Whoever That Is To Have An Amazing Verse And Show That Next Level Of Skill All Of These Guys Are Capable Of.

Honestly I Feel This Current Battle Will Be The Toughest.. But If I Had To Choose Out Of The Other Rounds I Think Talksick And Grizzeat Both Came With It.

I Think This Statement Is Very True Lmao. I'm Taking This Title.

Honestly I Thought Fiji Might've Passed Round 2 But Really This Whole Tourny Has Pretty Much Been Cool. The Ones Who Feel Like They Got Robbed Know They Could've Done Better. Alot Of People Underestimated Their Opponents And Thats Why They Lost.

Um One Step Closer To The Hall Of Fame For Me.

I Think They Still Have A Few Tricks Up Their Sleeves. I'm Not Underestimating Anyone So Whether They Do Or Not, I'll Still Be Writing As If They Did.

Yes, This AC Crew Got Some Good Battlers. Duh Great White Has Impressed Me Most Though. But Yea There Is Alot Of New Cats That I See Mad Potential From As Long As They Keep Elevating After This And Don't Go Back To Battling Nobodies...

Umm Good Luck Afterthought... Hopefully I'll Have 2 More Battles After This One Though

For somebody of his stature, a very humble approach to the questions.

I can see why he is considered the favorite but I wouldn't rule anybody out at this point.

Swishha has put his time on this site and probably deserves that extra recognition of a Grand Championship.

Next in line for the questions is one of the best up and comers on the site and the man that knocked me out of the competition.

Some argue his style is flawed whilst others love it.

Here's what Dissizit had to say:

Dissizit

- I def don't agree I checked some one the starting GC tourneys and It was a bunch of scrubs I mean Honestly theres material in this tourney that could blow minds away compared to a bunch of other tourneys and To be a Big name you have to start by not being one so Bars gonna prove that imo .

- I'll face anyone who earned their way to the finals tbh .

- No one yet, I think the Finals gonna Be where the pressure begins .

- I mean people a couple others would win thats not currently in the tourney .. so it depends on if we going on bars or popularity .

- None I believe everyone says Molly vs. GG though but that battle was so close It can't be a robbery to me it was just a great match up .

- I'll just recieve the feedback needed after puttin work into a bunch of bars and it will keep people gunnin to beat me which will then keep my game much sharper

- I feel People got lines and bars they save for the later rounds but so do I so it ain't no thing .

- No surprises Just dope lines but no one dropped a verse I felt was ground breaking from their usual best .

- Just want a Moment of silence for the Newww Grand Champion!

I feel an aura of confidence coming from this textcee who many consider favorite to make the final from the bottom bracket.

I feel Dissizit should guard against complacency though as I don't believe his path to the final will be as easy as he thinks it will.

We shall see shortly.

Next up is the Head Audio Moderator and leader of Hall of Fame crew, Classick at Rhymin', AfterThought.

Being one of the favorites at the beginning of this whole thing, he is certainly an already established heavyweight on LetsBeef.

Here is his take on the competition:

AfterThought

This championship will make more "big names" than these people think, alot of cats in this tourney are getting slept on & the competition is at basically the same level of the past 2 tournaments.

Ummm I'm guessing GRIEF coz he my dude & we'd have to kill each other for the title lol

HVK.

Mikey's dope. AT has his times. But then you have alotta dudes that could surprise people this tournament like Phenomonon, Anarchist & Duh Great Whyte, in addition to Black Book, GRIEF, Dissizit who been considered the site's best active battlers for a while now, this title could go to anyone.

It would be a toss up between Streetz vs Phenomonon & Duh Great Whyte vs Jiimmy Dean

Regardless, if I win this or not, Ima be focusing more on the audio side, so yeah an extra title wont hurt. lol

Nobody dropped any crazy bars yet this tournament, I expect the semi finalists to start getting lethal with the bars starting this round.

Obey & Duh Great Whyte.

Goodluck to everybody & I hope the battles turn out dope coz the site needs it.

So it seems that everyone I've spoken to disagrees with the statement made regarding the 'lack of competition' in the tournament.

Where did this come from?

Is there anybody who agrees with this?

LetsBeef.com may not be at it's most active right now but the competition has never been tougher.

If you were to look at some of the names in these quarter finals this time last year, you would never have predicted it.

That only shows how competitive text battling has become on here though.

Everyone is stepping their game up all of the time and Dissizit hit the nail on the head when he said that the battles in this tourney more than outshine those of the early tournaments.

Who will take that next step to LetsBeef greatness?

Who will be the next Grand Champion?

Unread 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM
GOOD GRIEF
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

@FAME very dope idea. nice hype builder.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #3

GOOD GRIEF
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.71/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
34 Won / 10 Lost

Voted: 8 audio / 155 text
Mentioned: 550 Post(s)
Tagged: 56 Thread(s)

@FAME very dope idea. nice hype builder.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Obey
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

@AfterThought - Thanks for the love! @FAME - Sick job w/ the hype builder.. I was glued to the screen, great questions. Good luck to the remaining participants! You should do a segment of asking the viewers, I'll be glad to do an interview.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #4

Obey
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.53/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.96/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
135 Won / 56 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 9 audio / 317 text
Mentioned: 1082 Post(s)
Tagged: 35 Thread(s)

@AfterThought - Thanks for the love! @FAME - Sick job w/ the hype builder.. I was glued to the screen, great questions. Good luck to the remaining participants! You should do a segment of asking the viewers, I'll be glad to do an interview.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Good shit, FOIME...uh...I mean, you know...
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #5

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

Good shit, FOIME...uh...I mean, you know...

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Hubert Cumberdale

Dope idea.

I told you guys that ACs were going to turn into something. 3 of the guys standing in the quarter finals and have done the crew proud.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #6

Hubert Cumberdale

Dope idea.

I told you guys that ACs were going to turn into something. 3 of the guys standing in the quarter finals and have done the crew proud.

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Letum
Mentioned: 561 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
26 Won / 38 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
237 Won / 122 Lost

*Starts slow clapping*
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #7

Letum
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.33/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
26 Won / 38 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.33/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
237 Won / 122 Lost

Voted: 213 audio / 1287 text
Mentioned: 561 Post(s)
Tagged: 24 Thread(s)

*Starts slow clapping*
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Duh Great Whyte
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
9 Won / 6 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 11 Lost

@Unyqe lol
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #8

Duh Great Whyte
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.79/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
9 Won / 6 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.79/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.85/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
13 Won / 11 Lost

Voted: 51 audio / 145 text
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 22 Thread(s)

@Unyqe lol
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Hubert Cumberdale

Although, when reading this, like all my analogies, WWE comes to mind. "The battles outshine those in previous tournaments" etc. It's like how the commentators now are trying to say this wrestlemania is better than the old ones.

This tournament might be the biggest toss up because of how close the skill levels are. It doesnt change the fact that it would be easily won by one of the legends. I don't think any credit will be taken away from the winner, and I don't think it changes anything, but we all know this one isn't quite as good as the old school ones.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #9

Hubert Cumberdale

Although, when reading this, like all my analogies, WWE comes to mind. "The battles outshine those in previous tournaments" etc. It's like how the commentators now are trying to say this wrestlemania is better than the old ones.

This tournament might be the biggest toss up because of how close the skill levels are. It doesnt change the fact that it would be easily won by one of the legends. I don't think any credit will be taken away from the winner, and I don't think it changes anything, but we all know this one isn't quite as good as the old school ones.

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Aggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
but we all know this one isn't quite as good as the old school ones.
Not the ones of us who weren't around for the old school tourneys.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #10

Aggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
but we all know this one isn't quite as good as the old school ones.
Not the ones of us who weren't around for the old school tourneys.

Tags
imgrc