Style: Freestyle
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Flako Boom vs Bonita Bonfire
0 Votes No Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating YetNo Rating Yet
Bonita Bonfire vs FightsAndRap...
Style: Written
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row! vs RhymeSmokeRhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!RhymeSmoke is on FIRE! 10+ wins in a row!
1 Vote 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM
PHAZEDD
Mentioned: 573 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
2 1681
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Default Community Advisors

Reasoning Behind The Idea
I've noticed numerous times there wouldn't be an administrator or moderator online during certain time zones, with us trying to promote the site, increasing the activity.. There would be new heads joining LB having questions about how things work, or why they work how they do. Not knowing anyone they can ask, I believe having a "CA" would be beneficial, I'll explain why and give a more detailed explanation of the purposes below.

What's the Purpose?
So you found the community, liked the idea and made an account. You log in, noticed the features and, out of obvious curiosity have questions. Having no friends yet, nor knowing who is an admin or moderator, you begin to look threw some of the battles. You notice the text section for example and begin to ask yourself: Why are these words capitalized? Why are they using quotes? Credits..? Titles? How do I know when a battle is over, how does the voting system work? A community advisor would be a title given to people trusted, along with having a more than mediocre reputation for following server rules, having a decent attitude and wanting to help the site grow, along with knowing why and how such things stated are implemented.

Requirements:
  • Have not been banned in the last year
  • Community member for atleast six to eight months
  • Decent reputation with an acceptable attitude
  • Good concept on how things are ran and why they are ran how they are
  • Familiar with what is offered to you such as making or joining a crew
  • What you need to participate in such activities as tournaments, video battles, etc.

Does Dedication Pay?

If this idea is seen as being useful, then I'd rather the administrator's come up with a system as to how you would be rewarded for spending your time helping new people joining the community. I'd personally recommend maybe a certain amount of credits per help request answered corresponding to the "rank" listed below. Along with a title and maybe some Emcee items. Assuming there would be a section like the FVC for example, having threads made where not everyone can see some of the content, but also having a section for threads showing who is what. Such a structure such as this would be ideal:
  • Lead Advisor
  • Senior Advisor
  • General Advisor
  • Junior Advisor

I'm also aware that we have a "rules" tab, but that doesn't explain everything. I'm sure moderators and administrators don't want people PMing them all the time asking what "VP" means, or why they lost a battle having more votes. If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback or anything drop it in a comment. This is just an idea I thought of to try helping the site as a whole.
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #1

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 77 audio / 130 text

Default Community Advisors

Reasoning Behind The Idea
I've noticed numerous times there wouldn't be an administrator or moderator online during certain time zones, with us trying to promote the site, increasing the activity.. There would be new heads joining LB having questions about how things work, or why they work how they do. Not knowing anyone they can ask, I believe having a "CA" would be beneficial, I'll explain why and give a more detailed explanation of the purposes below.

What's the Purpose?
So you found the community, liked the idea and made an account. You log in, noticed the features and, out of obvious curiosity have questions. Having no friends yet, nor knowing who is an admin or moderator, you begin to look threw some of the battles. You notice the text section for example and begin to ask yourself: Why are these words capitalized? Why are they using quotes? Credits..? Titles? How do I know when a battle is over, how does the voting system work? A community advisor would be a title given to people trusted, along with having a more than mediocre reputation for following server rules, having a decent attitude and wanting to help the site grow, along with knowing why and how such things stated are implemented.

Requirements:
  • Have not been banned in the last year
  • Community member for atleast six to eight months
  • Decent reputation with an acceptable attitude
  • Good concept on how things are ran and why they are ran how they are
  • Familiar with what is offered to you such as making or joining a crew
  • What you need to participate in such activities as tournaments, video battles, etc.

Does Dedication Pay?

If this idea is seen as being useful, then I'd rather the administrator's come up with a system as to how you would be rewarded for spending your time helping new people joining the community. I'd personally recommend maybe a certain amount of credits per help request answered corresponding to the "rank" listed below. Along with a title and maybe some Emcee items. Assuming there would be a section like the FVC for example, having threads made where not everyone can see some of the content, but also having a section for threads showing who is what. Such a structure such as this would be ideal:
  • Lead Advisor
  • Senior Advisor
  • General Advisor
  • Junior Advisor

I'm also aware that we have a "rules" tab, but that doesn't explain everything. I'm sure moderators and administrators don't want people PMing them all the time asking what "VP" means, or why they lost a battle having more votes. If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback or anything drop it in a comment. This is just an idea I thought of to try helping the site as a whole.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:34 AM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

bumpin
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #2

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

bumpin
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

What it the community advisory isn't online either?
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Unread 04-03-2014, 03:33 PM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That's why a schedule put in place would be nice, a shift as where 3 people or so are online for a amount of time in their timezone, if they finish their shift for a week without missing any, they could be rewarded by credits, a tally system type deal to have promo's with the rank structure above, etc.. there's many ways to fix small issues such as that
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #4

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
That's why a schedule put in place would be nice, a shift as where 3 people or so are online for a amount of time in their timezone, if they finish their shift for a week without missing any, they could be rewarded by credits, a tally system type deal to have promo's with the rank structure above, etc.. there's many ways to fix small issues such as that
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Student
LB Historian
Mentioned: 2492 Post(s)
Tagged: 46 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

OR They Could Just Put A Legend At The Bottom Of The Main Forums Page Indicating Which Color Is What.

Example:
Legend: Administrator, Moderator, Forum Moderator, Patriarch, Live Battler, Fair Voters Club, VIP, Exclusive Member, Basic Member

Also, There Already Is At Least 10 Moderators Right Now And They're Pretty Active (Most Of Them, Some Behind The Scenes And Some Not At All) But They're Still There. There Isn't An Influx Of Members That Require These "Advisers" To Be "Appointed" And Give Them Titles And Privileges.

If You Want To Help Out, Then Help Out Don't Try To Come Up With Another Usergroup To Get Some Recognition And Exposure That You're Helping Out. Trust Me, If The Staff Needs A New Staff Member They Know Who's Active And Who's Helpful For Any Candidates, They Don't Need To Look At People With Shiny Titles For That.

Last edited by Student; 04-03-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 04-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

Student
LB Historian
Estimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.63/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.91/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text

OR They Could Just Put A Legend At The Bottom Of The Main Forums Page Indicating Which Color Is What.

Example:
Legend: Administrator, Moderator, Forum Moderator, Patriarch, Live Battler, Fair Voters Club, VIP, Exclusive Member, Basic Member

Also, There Already Is At Least 10 Moderators Right Now And They're Pretty Active (Most Of Them, Some Behind The Scenes And Some Not At All) But They're Still There. There Isn't An Influx Of Members That Require These "Advisers" To Be "Appointed" And Give Them Titles And Privileges.

If You Want To Help Out, Then Help Out Don't Try To Come Up With Another Usergroup To Get Some Recognition And Exposure That You're Helping Out. Trust Me, If The Staff Needs A New Staff Member They Know Who's Active And Who's Helpful For Any Candidates, They Don't Need To Look At People With Shiny Titles For That.

Last edited by Student; 04-03-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:19 PM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student View Post
Appreciate that "opinion" you got there, student. You act like i'm looking for 'some recognition and exposure'? i made a post with an idea, that means i'm trying to get known? if thats the case i feel kinda bad for yo damn outlook on life.. but when i ran the idea by @M U G G Z he had a different take on it, seems to me like you're just makin some shit up, lol. I could care less about a title, it was an idea for the community, not for a smart ass remark from someone tryin' to make fraud accusations.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #6

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Appreciate that "opinion" you got there, student. You act like i'm looking for 'some recognition and exposure'? i made a post with an idea, that means i'm trying to get known? if thats the case i feel kinda bad for yo damn outlook on life.. but when i ran the idea by @M U G G Z he had a different take on it, seems to me like you're just makin some shit up, lol. I could care less about a title, it was an idea for the community, not for a smart ass remark from someone tryin' to make fraud accusations.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:48 PM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
the thing is though, literally anyone is capable of doing this
you dont need to be a "community advisor" to explain to someone how the battle system works or what VP is
if people really want the site to function better then all members need to come together and help new people out. not re-direct them to an "advisor"
i appreciate the input, i just think its a bit unnecessary as pretty much anyone can do it
if im missing something feel free to add
Yeah you're right about how anyone is capable of doing it, but say we forget the whole user group or reward system and all that, i gotta say i think more people would be setting better examples than they are right now, which could back fire though.. I appreciate you commenting in a civil manner btw, something it seemed someone else had a issue in doing, Thanks for the input also.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #7

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
the thing is though, literally anyone is capable of doing this
you dont need to be a "community advisor" to explain to someone how the battle system works or what VP is
if people really want the site to function better then all members need to come together and help new people out. not re-direct them to an "advisor"
i appreciate the input, i just think its a bit unnecessary as pretty much anyone can do it
if im missing something feel free to add
Yeah you're right about how anyone is capable of doing it, but say we forget the whole user group or reward system and all that, i gotta say i think more people would be setting better examples than they are right now, which could back fire though.. I appreciate you commenting in a civil manner btw, something it seemed someone else had a issue in doing, Thanks for the input also.
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:06 PM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
ive always been weary of rewarding people for doing things that they should otherwise already be doing
its good that youre dropping ideas though
personally i just cant see there being a big enough demand for this that a new position is needed
if you go to any thread where a new member has questions you'll see 5-6 members jumping on it explaining things to them and telling them how to find other resources (even when its obvious that theyre a multi account of someone.. boP!)

Yeah i see your point of view, it was just a random idea. Thanks again,
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #8

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
ive always been weary of rewarding people for doing things that they should otherwise already be doing
its good that youre dropping ideas though
personally i just cant see there being a big enough demand for this that a new position is needed
if you go to any thread where a new member has questions you'll see 5-6 members jumping on it explaining things to them and telling them how to find other resources (even when its obvious that theyre a multi account of someone.. boP!)

Yeah i see your point of view, it was just a random idea. Thanks again,
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Student
LB Historian
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0GIKK View Post
I Said The Exact Same Thing As Jason Did But I Didn't Do It As Nicely. Either Way The Point Was The Same.

Side Note: I've Been Here An Extremely Long Time (Approximately 9 Years Now) So Forgive Me For My Harsh Attitude Towards Bringing About New Usergroups / Giving Titles Away, I've Just Seen Similar Ideas In The Past And They Always Get Corrupted And Ultimately Fail.

I'm Jaded Towards Anyone That Brings An Idea That Would Define More Borders And Establish Yet Another Clique Or Hierarchy On This Website.

Like Jason Said, If You Should Be Doing Something You Shouldn't Get A Medal For It.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:33 AM   #9

Student
LB Historian
Ranked Text Record
97 Won / 75 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
6 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 98 audio / 587 text

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0GIKK View Post
I Said The Exact Same Thing As Jason Did But I Didn't Do It As Nicely. Either Way The Point Was The Same.

Side Note: I've Been Here An Extremely Long Time (Approximately 9 Years Now) So Forgive Me For My Harsh Attitude Towards Bringing About New Usergroups / Giving Titles Away, I've Just Seen Similar Ideas In The Past And They Always Get Corrupted And Ultimately Fail.

I'm Jaded Towards Anyone That Brings An Idea That Would Define More Borders And Establish Yet Another Clique Or Hierarchy On This Website.

Like Jason Said, If You Should Be Doing Something You Shouldn't Get A Medal For It.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:39 AM
PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

I feel u, i'm sure u seen alot of posts like this but not everyone is the same an not everyone wants to try shinin' by making useless threads, this was just a idea i had i felt like sharing with the community, the way you responded the first time was a bit of a surprise tbh. Figured some negativity would come, but when doesn't negativity show up. Reading what you posted, a vet being here 9 years replying to a member who only been a part of the community for about a year in a way like you did is kinda disappointing.
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:39 AM   #10

PHAZEDD
2 1681
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:

I feel u, i'm sure u seen alot of posts like this but not everyone is the same an not everyone wants to try shinin' by making useless threads, this was just a idea i had i felt like sharing with the community, the way you responded the first time was a bit of a surprise tbh. Figured some negativity would come, but when doesn't negativity show up. Reading what you posted, a vet being here 9 years replying to a member who only been a part of the community for about a year in a way like you did is kinda disappointing.

Display