Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Rant
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Ideas for attracting new members to the site.

1.) YouTube advertisements. Now, before this goes any further, I have no knowledge of the process of getting an advertisement included into YouTube videos. But, with the recent release of the new Letsbeef commercial, this could be a good, strategic step to garnering new members.

2.) A Letsbeef promotional team. I know that this has been tried in the past by @Crysis, but, a hand selected group of members picked by staff to promote the site would be great. An online street team, if you will.

3.) Brand interconnectivity. Steps towards this are already being taken, with the collaborations between LB, and other sites for things like the Bars4Bling tournament, and the upcoming live event. But, things like site mergers, or site vs. site battles could mean a HUGE bump in activity, and could help to create a stronger buzz for Letsbeef.

4.) Sectional divisions. With the recent move by LB to live events, this, to me seems like the next most logical step. The sectional division of the country into "Letsbeef divisions." for live events. Not only does this open up letsbeef to a larger demographic, but, also exposes Letsbeef to a new audience. If people enjoy the live events put on by Letsbeef, they'll be more inclined to join the site.

5.) Letsbeef magazine revamp. @Punk does a great job putting together Letsbeef mags, but, I think these could be a much more fundamental asset to the site than we realize. A branching of this magazine, with additional effort to its construction, outside of Letsbeef could attract new blood to the site. An ACTUAL, multi page online magazine could really open up some possibilities.

6.) Graphics, topicals, and production. It's no secret that these parts of the site have grown stagnant, and lackluster over the years. But, I feel that with a stronger support system, and more emphasis on these aspects of the site, we could really drive activity up a few notches. Bringing in graphics heads, or beat producers, or even topical writers could be a great step, by giving the members of the site interested in these things more to strive for, and more attention than we have, we could see our numbers increasing.
Unread 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #1

Rant

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Default Ideas for attracting new members to the site.

1.) YouTube advertisements. Now, before this goes any further, I have no knowledge of the process of getting an advertisement included into YouTube videos. But, with the recent release of the new Letsbeef commercial, this could be a good, strategic step to garnering new members.

2.) A Letsbeef promotional team. I know that this has been tried in the past by @Crysis, but, a hand selected group of members picked by staff to promote the site would be great. An online street team, if you will.

3.) Brand interconnectivity. Steps towards this are already being taken, with the collaborations between LB, and other sites for things like the Bars4Bling tournament, and the upcoming live event. But, things like site mergers, or site vs. site battles could mean a HUGE bump in activity, and could help to create a stronger buzz for Letsbeef.

4.) Sectional divisions. With the recent move by LB to live events, this, to me seems like the next most logical step. The sectional division of the country into "Letsbeef divisions." for live events. Not only does this open up letsbeef to a larger demographic, but, also exposes Letsbeef to a new audience. If people enjoy the live events put on by Letsbeef, they'll be more inclined to join the site.

5.) Letsbeef magazine revamp. @Punk does a great job putting together Letsbeef mags, but, I think these could be a much more fundamental asset to the site than we realize. A branching of this magazine, with additional effort to its construction, outside of Letsbeef could attract new blood to the site. An ACTUAL, multi page online magazine could really open up some possibilities.

6.) Graphics, topicals, and production. It's no secret that these parts of the site have grown stagnant, and lackluster over the years. But, I feel that with a stronger support system, and more emphasis on these aspects of the site, we could really drive activity up a few notches. Bringing in graphics heads, or beat producers, or even topical writers could be a great step, by giving the members of the site interested in these things more to strive for, and more attention than we have, we could see our numbers increasing.

Unread 08-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Wonderbred
Mentioned: 382 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 17 Lost

I cosign all this. I think a site vs. site battle is the best idea and needs to happen ASAP. Although, from what I've seen, LB is still head and shoulders above most sites in terms of skill even with a lot of its best members ghost.

"What the fuck is this dude even bustin' rhymes for?
You rap as good as George Bush justifies war,
And this dead broke bastard gets no laughter
Out late in Central Park lookin' for trenchcoat flashers

-Kid Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Z View Post
And Lastly...

Member Of The Year - Wonderbred.
Unread 08-23-2014, 05:11 AM   #2

Wonderbred
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.06/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
18 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 85 text
Mentioned: 382 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

I cosign all this. I think a site vs. site battle is the best idea and needs to happen ASAP. Although, from what I've seen, LB is still head and shoulders above most sites in terms of skill even with a lot of its best members ghost.

"What the fuck is this dude even bustin' rhymes for?
You rap as good as George Bush justifies war,
And this dead broke bastard gets no laughter
Out late in Central Park lookin' for trenchcoat flashers

-Kid Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Z View Post
And Lastly...

Member Of The Year - Wonderbred.
Unread 08-23-2014, 06:10 AM
Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post

I've been the marketing guy for multiple different people & their products. (Granted most were websites that are now either down or absolute shit) if Pugz were to give me a budget limit I could easily find the best target advertisement points and get some really dope ads going on here, along with other things to create backlinks (if we even need them, no clue what our ranking is currently and don't care to check tbh.) I've bought YouTube advertisements for us before, but I'm pretty sure my plan ran out because their not necessarily cheap, but that's def a thing we need to do.

I was actually putting together a mag before I ghosted, I have multiple interviews and segments all down & it's pretty much ready to be posted. Thanks for reminding me about that, I'll get that done very soon. Granted this one is a bit on the trolling side with the interviews, I'll make the next one very serious.

EDIT: And yeah I agree with Bred. I talk hella shit about this website, but I'm still here because I do love it & it does have some real talent on it. We could easily take the W on that kind of shit, but who would be the judges? I feel like it would be biased as fuck judging wise.

Last edited by Babylon; 08-23-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Unread 08-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #3

Babylon Babylon is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.88/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
63 Won / 15 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.88/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 6.84/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
66 Won / 21 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 289 audio / 238 text
Mentioned: 1428 Post(s)
Tagged: 40 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rant View Post

I've been the marketing guy for multiple different people & their products. (Granted most were websites that are now either down or absolute shit) if Pugz were to give me a budget limit I could easily find the best target advertisement points and get some really dope ads going on here, along with other things to create backlinks (if we even need them, no clue what our ranking is currently and don't care to check tbh.) I've bought YouTube advertisements for us before, but I'm pretty sure my plan ran out because their not necessarily cheap, but that's def a thing we need to do.

I was actually putting together a mag before I ghosted, I have multiple interviews and segments all down & it's pretty much ready to be posted. Thanks for reminding me about that, I'll get that done very soon. Granted this one is a bit on the trolling side with the interviews, I'll make the next one very serious.

EDIT: And yeah I agree with Bred. I talk hella shit about this website, but I'm still here because I do love it & it does have some real talent on it. We could easily take the W on that kind of shit, but who would be the judges? I feel like it would be biased as fuck judging wise.

Last edited by Babylon; 08-23-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Unread 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Supsie

There all good idears but I think getting on youtube would cost alot an idk about you guys but I skip all the ads I can.
Unread 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #4

Supsie

There all good idears but I think getting on youtube would cost alot an idk about you guys but I skip all the ads I can.

Unread 08-23-2014, 10:56 AM
lllllllllllll

I'm down to help out. Let's stop talking and get started
Unread 08-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #5

lllllllllllll

I'm down to help out. Let's stop talking and get started

Unread 08-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post

I don't mean a magazine on here, though. I mean a full, monthly publication. Also, outside of YouTube ads, I feel as though promotional efforts should be more focused on avenues of promotion not centering around spending money. I know that that's difficult, but, Pugz pays for everything on this site out of pocket, and he's not really bringing in heaps of money. But, with a HAND SELECTED promotional team, given clear goals(promotional quotas, targeted areas for promotion), and the inclusion of "multipliers"(People with the most social media connections, etc.) that promotional effort will not go unnoticed.

Edit:

As for bias voting... What about anonymous forum based battles, for site vs. site ventures? That completely eliminates biased voting. From there, we just select a panel of voters, a set number from each of the sites to vote.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGuy View Post
The ad still plants the idea, though. That five seconds get you thinking about the site. The more people are thinking about the site, and the more that that idea spreads for them, then the more likely they are to check the site out.

Last edited by Rant; 08-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 08-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #6

Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crysis View Post

I don't mean a magazine on here, though. I mean a full, monthly publication. Also, outside of YouTube ads, I feel as though promotional efforts should be more focused on avenues of promotion not centering around spending money. I know that that's difficult, but, Pugz pays for everything on this site out of pocket, and he's not really bringing in heaps of money. But, with a HAND SELECTED promotional team, given clear goals(promotional quotas, targeted areas for promotion), and the inclusion of "multipliers"(People with the most social media connections, etc.) that promotional effort will not go unnoticed.

Edit:

As for bias voting... What about anonymous forum based battles, for site vs. site ventures? That completely eliminates biased voting. From there, we just select a panel of voters, a set number from each of the sites to vote.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGuy View Post
The ad still plants the idea, though. That five seconds get you thinking about the site. The more people are thinking about the site, and the more that that idea spreads for them, then the more likely they are to check the site out.

Last edited by Rant; 08-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Unread 08-23-2014, 11:46 AM
Phracture
Mentioned: 1417 Post(s)
Tagged: 79 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
165 Won / 44 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Dope idea bro !
Unread 08-23-2014, 11:46 AM   #7

Phracture
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.94/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
165 Won / 44 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 48 audio / 484 text
Mentioned: 1417 Post(s)
Tagged: 79 Thread(s)

Dope idea bro !
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Rant

Bumping this for more feedback.
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #8

Rant

Bumping this for more feedback.

Unread 08-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Dono
Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
35 Won / 37 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Advertisers don't pay for the ads you skip on youtube. Only if you watch for a set amount of time (30 seconds generally) or for the unskippable ads because clearly they had to watch the whole thing.

Same with youtube banners, advertisers pay per click through.
Unread 08-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #9

Dono
Estimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 7.91/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
11 Won / 8 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Estimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.91/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.6/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
35 Won / 37 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 1 Lost

Voted: 24 audio / 306 text
Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 61 Thread(s)

Advertisers don't pay for the ads you skip on youtube. Only if you watch for a set amount of time (30 seconds generally) or for the unskippable ads because clearly they had to watch the whole thing.

Unread 08-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post

Actually, it is 5 seconds. Which is why there is the 5 second counter on the ads before they can be skipped.
Unread 08-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #10

Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dono View Post

Actually, it is 5 seconds. Which is why there is the 5 second counter on the ads before they can be skipped.