Battle Rap and Freestyle Battles at Lets Beef

Start a battle

Vote on a battle to earn +1 credit!

2023 Grand Championship

Battle Feed
Flako Boom vs Sam E Scam
Style: Freestyle
4 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars
Jatho Sups vs yungcheefyungcheef is on FIRE! 5+ wins in a row!
Style: Written
5 Votes 4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars4.75 stars

[ more battles... ]

Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > Text Arena
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM
PHAZEDD
Mentioned: 573 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost
Default Community Advisors

Reasoning Behind The Idea
I've noticed numerous times there wouldn't be an administrator or moderator online during certain time zones, with us trying to promote the site, increasing the activity.. There would be new heads joining LB having questions about how things work, or why they work how they do. Not knowing anyone they can ask, I believe having a "CA" would be beneficial, I'll explain why and give a more detailed explanation of the purposes below.

What's the Purpose?
So you found the community, liked the idea and made an account. You log in, noticed the features and, out of obvious curiosity have questions. Having no friends yet, nor knowing who is an admin or moderator, you begin to look threw some of the battles. You notice the text section for example and begin to ask yourself: Why are these words capitalized? Why are they using quotes? Credits..? Titles? How do I know when a battle is over, how does the voting system work? A community advisor would be a title given to people trusted, along with having a more than mediocre reputation for following server rules, having a decent attitude and wanting to help the site grow, along with knowing why and how such things stated are implemented.

Requirements:
  • Have not been banned in the last year
  • Community member for atleast six to eight months
  • Decent reputation with an acceptable attitude
  • Good concept on how things are ran and why they are ran how they are
  • Familiar with what is offered to you such as making or joining a crew
  • What you need to participate in such activities as tournaments, video battles, etc.

Does Dedication Pay?

If this idea is seen as being useful, then I'd rather the administrator's come up with a system as to how you would be rewarded for spending your time helping new people joining the community. I'd personally recommend maybe a certain amount of credits per help request answered corresponding to the "rank" listed below. Along with a title and maybe some Emcee items. Assuming there would be a section like the FVC for example, having threads made where not everyone can see some of the content, but also having a section for threads showing who is what. Such a structure such as this would be ideal:
  • Lead Advisor
  • Senior Advisor
  • General Advisor
  • Junior Advisor

I'm also aware that we have a "rules" tab, but that doesn't explain everything. I'm sure moderators and administrators don't want people PMing them all the time asking what "VP" means, or why they lost a battle having more votes. If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback or anything drop it in a comment. This is just an idea I thought of to try helping the site as a whole.
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:23 AM   #1

PHAZEDD
Estimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 6.78/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
49 Won / 16 Lost
Exclusive Audio Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Exclusive Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 77 audio / 131 text
Mentioned: 573 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)

Default Community Advisors

Reasoning Behind The Idea
I've noticed numerous times there wouldn't be an administrator or moderator online during certain time zones, with us trying to promote the site, increasing the activity.. There would be new heads joining LB having questions about how things work, or why they work how they do. Not knowing anyone they can ask, I believe having a "CA" would be beneficial, I'll explain why and give a more detailed explanation of the purposes below.

What's the Purpose?
So you found the community, liked the idea and made an account. You log in, noticed the features and, out of obvious curiosity have questions. Having no friends yet, nor knowing who is an admin or moderator, you begin to look threw some of the battles. You notice the text section for example and begin to ask yourself: Why are these words capitalized? Why are they using quotes? Credits..? Titles? How do I know when a battle is over, how does the voting system work? A community advisor would be a title given to people trusted, along with having a more than mediocre reputation for following server rules, having a decent attitude and wanting to help the site grow, along with knowing why and how such things stated are implemented.

Requirements:
  • Have not been banned in the last year
  • Community member for atleast six to eight months
  • Decent reputation with an acceptable attitude
  • Good concept on how things are ran and why they are ran how they are
  • Familiar with what is offered to you such as making or joining a crew
  • What you need to participate in such activities as tournaments, video battles, etc.

Does Dedication Pay?

If this idea is seen as being useful, then I'd rather the administrator's come up with a system as to how you would be rewarded for spending your time helping new people joining the community. I'd personally recommend maybe a certain amount of credits per help request answered corresponding to the "rank" listed below. Along with a title and maybe some Emcee items. Assuming there would be a section like the FVC for example, having threads made where not everyone can see some of the content, but also having a section for threads showing who is what. Such a structure such as this would be ideal:
  • Lead Advisor
  • Senior Advisor
  • General Advisor
  • Junior Advisor

I'm also aware that we have a "rules" tab, but that doesn't explain everything. I'm sure moderators and administrators don't want people PMing them all the time asking what "VP" means, or why they lost a battle having more votes. If you have any ideas, suggestions, feedback or anything drop it in a comment. This is just an idea I thought of to try helping the site as a whole.
Offline   Reply With Quote