View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Iron Mike
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

I preferred XplicitKontent's verse.It was simple, but it was told with realism. It probably could have used more words that conjure imagery. What gave it that sense of realism was the military jargon, and I understand that you are in the military, so it's probably a story that not too many can tell as well as you. But a bit more imagery words would've helped the audience to dwell within the story more. I felt the Doom's story was slightly all over the place. 1st of all, the brother's name suggests an Islamic background. But then, he started talking about reaching a state of samadhi which is of the Indian tradition. And then before we know it you're talking about a Judeo-Christian Moses and God etc. it just didn't seem focused. On top of that, I felt the 1st verse did more to capture the idea of "last breath". My vote goes to XplicitKontent.
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #18

Iron Mike
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 34 text
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I preferred XplicitKontent's verse.It was simple, but it was told with realism. It probably could have used more words that conjure imagery. What gave it that sense of realism was the military jargon, and I understand that you are in the military, so it's probably a story that not too many can tell as well as you. But a bit more imagery words would've helped the audience to dwell within the story more. I felt the Doom's story was slightly all over the place. 1st of all, the brother's name suggests an Islamic background. But then, he started talking about reaching a state of samadhi which is of the Indian tradition. And then before we know it you're talking about a Judeo-Christian Moses and God etc. it just didn't seem focused. On top of that, I felt the 1st verse did more to capture the idea of "last breath". My vote goes to XplicitKontent.