View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Hubert Cumberdale
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Dissizit, I didn't like how you were mainly touching on the illuminate/government topics, but I was glad you didn't mention it directly. It allowed some people to interoperate what you were talking about, although I feel this was def the topic at hand. The rhyming was alright, nothing too bad to speak of throughout the whole piece. I really liked the sore to soar line. That kind of wordplay is something I was trying out for a while which I want to get back into.

Streetz Da Hood, I felt a lot of the time it seemed that your syllables, specifically on a second line, were way too long and it was killing the flow. This might work with some internal rhyme schemes, but in the style you used, I wasn't a huge fan. I thought the story was a bit basic too. You had 3 stanzas of "sadness", and then in the end a molestation story. People tend to jump at these topics because they are the easiest to draw emotion out of.

Overall, it's a close enough one. While my loser had the better imager, I think the winner had all the other writing techniques down. Neither really had original stories however.

Dissizit GETS MY VOTE

Last edited by Hubert Cumberdale; 08-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #7

Hubert Cumberdale

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Dissizit, I didn't like how you were mainly touching on the illuminate/government topics, but I was glad you didn't mention it directly. It allowed some people to interoperate what you were talking about, although I feel this was def the topic at hand. The rhyming was alright, nothing too bad to speak of throughout the whole piece. I really liked the sore to soar line. That kind of wordplay is something I was trying out for a while which I want to get back into.

Streetz Da Hood, I felt a lot of the time it seemed that your syllables, specifically on a second line, were way too long and it was killing the flow. This might work with some internal rhyme schemes, but in the style you used, I wasn't a huge fan. I thought the story was a bit basic too. You had 3 stanzas of "sadness", and then in the end a molestation story. People tend to jump at these topics because they are the easiest to draw emotion out of.

Overall, it's a close enough one. While my loser had the better imager, I think the winner had all the other writing techniques down. Neither really had original stories however.

Dissizit GETS MY VOTE

Last edited by Hubert Cumberdale; 08-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.