View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Iron Mike
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Writer 2's verse made more sense to me. First of all, the guy standing on top of the car looks like he's wearing a hoodie and the other rioters look like they're wearing regular street clothes. They do NOT look like people who just broke out of Riker's Island. Writer 2's verse totally placed me in the picture whereas Writer 3 made references to things not included like looking out of an apartment window and tv static that I didn't relate to while looking at the image. The perspective of the image doesn't look like one of someone who's looking out from an apartment window. It looks street level. Writer 3's flow was more irregular whereas Writer 2's flow was more regular (evenly timed, similar syllable count). It's not a necessity, but it's just my personal preference when reading verses written in rhyme. My vote goes to Writer 2.
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #3

Iron Mike
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.44/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
4 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 0 audio / 34 text
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Writer 2's verse made more sense to me. First of all, the guy standing on top of the car looks like he's wearing a hoodie and the other rioters look like they're wearing regular street clothes. They do NOT look like people who just broke out of Riker's Island. Writer 2's verse totally placed me in the picture whereas Writer 3 made references to things not included like looking out of an apartment window and tv static that I didn't relate to while looking at the image. The perspective of the image doesn't look like one of someone who's looking out from an apartment window. It looks street level. Writer 3's flow was more irregular whereas Writer 2's flow was more regular (evenly timed, similar syllable count). It's not a necessity, but it's just my personal preference when reading verses written in rhyme. My vote goes to Writer 2.