View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2024, 02:26 PM
RhetoriK
Mentioned: 661 Post(s)
Tagged: 47 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Outside of a personal, how does it affect your voting when a punch concept needs an expo or you have to look it up? Like if someone has well written punch off a rugby concept but you don’t know shit about rugby so it doesn’t hit for you personally. Do you judge it objectively based off the writing quality or does the fact the concept wasn’t familiar come into how you rate it?
i look up the references without a complaint. i would do the same listening/watching to a Live battle, so it applies to any battle for me. imo, it's lazy/trash voting if you don't at least attempt to understand it. should you jump through hoops? no, but it's minimal effort to open another tab and get the gist of a concept before shitting on it or writing it off.

quality writing provides the reader context and should at minimum help the reader understand. for instance: wordplay should be written so that a reader at least gets the surface reference, the the deeper entendre is either an asset or not depending on the usage. that kind of shit is high risk/reward inherently. a well-placed expo can help this out.

also, it's a skill to expo the correct things. a good verse shouldn't need many expos if at all.

technical: of course aspects of a punch should be judged accordingly.(setup/execution/wording/etc) however, someone could write a well constructed punch about shit u dont know about.. how effective was it really? can u judge the effectiveness if u don't know the concept? not objectively.

if u are not familiar with the subject matter, u are solely judging on construction and rhyme patter of a bar. imo that's not a well rounded good vote, and you're better off not voting

i think there's variants to this as well. skill level differences, experience, etc. but that's subjective. battlers should be judged as being equal skill in each battle, objectively.

creativity: it's one thing to be creative, it's another to make shit up (personals, angles, etc). i scrutinize personals with or without recipts heavily. another high risk/high reward scenario, but becoming more prevalent in recent times.

anyhow, that's my 2 cents.
Unread 01-22-2024, 02:26 PM   #5

RhetoriK
Estimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Audio: 4.47/10 stars
Ranked Audio Record
32 Won / 13 Lost
Estimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 4.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.93/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
249 Won / 73 Lost
Exclusive Text Record
2 Won / 2 Lost

Voted: 214 audio / 1245 text
Mentioned: 661 Post(s)
Tagged: 47 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
Outside of a personal, how does it affect your voting when a punch concept needs an expo or you have to look it up? Like if someone has well written punch off a rugby concept but you don’t know shit about rugby so it doesn’t hit for you personally. Do you judge it objectively based off the writing quality or does the fact the concept wasn’t familiar come into how you rate it?
i look up the references without a complaint. i would do the same listening/watching to a Live battle, so it applies to any battle for me. imo, it's lazy/trash voting if you don't at least attempt to understand it. should you jump through hoops? no, but it's minimal effort to open another tab and get the gist of a concept before shitting on it or writing it off.

quality writing provides the reader context and should at minimum help the reader understand. for instance: wordplay should be written so that a reader at least gets the surface reference, the the deeper entendre is either an asset or not depending on the usage. that kind of shit is high risk/reward inherently. a well-placed expo can help this out.

also, it's a skill to expo the correct things. a good verse shouldn't need many expos if at all.

technical: of course aspects of a punch should be judged accordingly.(setup/execution/wording/etc) however, someone could write a well constructed punch about shit u dont know about.. how effective was it really? can u judge the effectiveness if u don't know the concept? not objectively.

if u are not familiar with the subject matter, u are solely judging on construction and rhyme patter of a bar. imo that's not a well rounded good vote, and you're better off not voting

i think there's variants to this as well. skill level differences, experience, etc. but that's subjective. battlers should be judged as being equal skill in each battle, objectively.

creativity: it's one thing to be creative, it's another to make shit up (personals, angles, etc). i scrutinize personals with or without recipts heavily. another high risk/high reward scenario, but becoming more prevalent in recent times.

anyhow, that's my 2 cents.