View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2024, 02:52 PM
Kiwi Peewee
Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

I’m not a mod so I don’t have to defend the VP system; I agree battles like that one are not a good look which is why we should aim to have more high-VP voters voting regularly. When I was a mod the expectation was that every staff member would vote on every battle but that probably isn’t sustainable atm.

There are 2 things I’ll respond to tho. 1) Am I buddy voting with Nat? 2) Do I deserve high VP?

1) obviously not you fucking moron. I barely know who Nat is. I’ve been trying to get to every battle on the site, which obviously includes all of his, and I’ll vote for whoever I think wins. At worst I could be accused of favouring his style (creative ideas subject to occasional reaches) rather than very basic punches well-executed. But given that the point of voting is to vote for what you like, I don’t see how this is a problem. Also, if I have a “pact” with this dude, what exactly am I supposed to be getting out of it? He hasn’t voted on any of my battles this year.

2) based on the outcome of the battle, I would guess I have 3 VP, and the 3 other voters have 0, 1, 1 VP (idk which has 0). The general system of VP is that terrible voters (either don’t understand battle rap at all, or regularly hate/buddy/spam vote) should have 0, bad voters should have 1, average voters should have 2, and proven high quality voters should have 3. Putting aside whether you like the system (I am not a mod, I can’t affect it) I think within that system I definitely deserve 3 VP. My “under 80% win record” is irrelevant, the people with the highest win % tend to be snipers with poor understanding of bars. My career has seen me go toe-to-toe with the heavyweights of my day like Lockhart, Edgeworth, Shodan, Rai etc. I have won multiple titles. I was a moderator for a long time and trusted as an excellent and fair staff member by the vast majority of the userbase. I also go out of my way to vote on as many battles as possible to give feedback to rookie battlers and try help them elevate on the site. Bnas may have a 99% winning record, but he has been proven in the past to not have even been reading battles he voted on.
Unread 01-16-2024, 02:52 PM   #32

Kiwi Peewee
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.36/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
57 Won / 17 Lost

Voted: 49 audio / 843 text
Mentioned: 393 Post(s)
Tagged: 23 Thread(s)

I’m not a mod so I don’t have to defend the VP system; I agree battles like that one are not a good look which is why we should aim to have more high-VP voters voting regularly. When I was a mod the expectation was that every staff member would vote on every battle but that probably isn’t sustainable atm.

There are 2 things I’ll respond to tho. 1) Am I buddy voting with Nat? 2) Do I deserve high VP?

1) obviously not you fucking moron. I barely know who Nat is. I’ve been trying to get to every battle on the site, which obviously includes all of his, and I’ll vote for whoever I think wins. At worst I could be accused of favouring his style (creative ideas subject to occasional reaches) rather than very basic punches well-executed. But given that the point of voting is to vote for what you like, I don’t see how this is a problem. Also, if I have a “pact” with this dude, what exactly am I supposed to be getting out of it? He hasn’t voted on any of my battles this year.

2) based on the outcome of the battle, I would guess I have 3 VP, and the 3 other voters have 0, 1, 1 VP (idk which has 0). The general system of VP is that terrible voters (either don’t understand battle rap at all, or regularly hate/buddy/spam vote) should have 0, bad voters should have 1, average voters should have 2, and proven high quality voters should have 3. Putting aside whether you like the system (I am not a mod, I can’t affect it) I think within that system I definitely deserve 3 VP. My “under 80% win record” is irrelevant, the people with the highest win % tend to be snipers with poor understanding of bars. My career has seen me go toe-to-toe with the heavyweights of my day like Lockhart, Edgeworth, Shodan, Rai etc. I have won multiple titles. I was a moderator for a long time and trusted as an excellent and fair staff member by the vast majority of the userbase. I also go out of my way to vote on as many battles as possible to give feedback to rookie battlers and try help them elevate on the site. Bnas may have a 99% winning record, but he has been proven in the past to not have even been reading battles he voted on.